Experience gifts are one of the hottest trends this holiday season – and for good reason. Experience gifts are unique, personal, and convenient. They offer kids the chance to learn new skills, discover new talents, make new friends – and they give families new ways to spend time together.
In houses already brimming with toys, experience gifts are a fun and creative way to think outside of the festively-wrapped box this December (or anytime!).
While the North Pole will always be the place for toys, North Texas is definitely a hot spot for experience gifts. With so many great opportunities for learning and playing, there is sure to be a perfect present for the special kids in your life. Creating new memories is a magical gift that lasts a lifetime.
Passes and Memberships
Passes and memberships are the gifts that keep on giving! Kids can unwrap an entire year of fun with annual memberships or enjoy multiple visits to some of their favorite spots with frequent visitor passes.
Within easy driving distance from Frisco are some of the best attractions in DFW, most of which offer annual family memberships and cater to a wide variety of ages. To name a few, the Dallas Arboretum, Dallas Summer Musicals, the Dallas Zoo, Hawaiian Falls, the Heard Museum, Legoland, the Perot Museum, Sea Life Aquarium, and Six Flags over Texas. What a special way for families to spend time together throughout the year!
Fantastic membership and pass gifts are available right here in Frisco! These convenient choices are ideal for busy families because they’re nearby and don’t require a full day out. Here are just a few of the cool ideas our community has to offer:
- Frisco Museum Pass: Perfect for families and people of all ages! This new pass offers visitors a discounted way to visit all of Frisco’s museums including the National Videogame Museum, the Sci-Tech Discovery Center, the Frisco Discovery Center, the Frisco Heritage Museum, and the Museum of the American Railroad. With such a wide variety of local museums in Frisco, there’s something for every age and interest. The pass can be purchased at any of the participating museums for $23 and is valid for one year.
- Play Passes: Several of Frisco’s most popular indoor play places offer monthly memberships or frequent visitor passes. This gift is ideal for younger children (and their parents!).
This idea is as limitless as your child’s interests! Frisco offers an incredible variety of classes and programs for every age and pursuit – music, dance, art, martial arts, languages, and even computer coding. For young kids, class gifts can introduce new skills and ideas. For older kids, classes are a great way to deepen interests and meet like-minded friends. With the cold winter months (and lots of pent-up energy!) ahead, here are a few ideas for Frisco classes that will keep your kiddos moving and shaking into the New Year.
For little kids:
- The Little Gym Frisco: Little Gym offers “Mommy and me” classes for tots, as well as gymnastics, karate, and sports skills. Classes for little ones combine movement and motor skills with music, listening, and learning activities – definitely a win for everyone!
- My Gym Frisco: My Gym offers gym classes for ages 6 weeks (the “Little Bundles” class) through 10 years (ninja training!) and even a mixed age siblings class. Another perk is “open gym” playtime, offered several times throughout the week for enrolled students.
- Kindermusik: Kindermusik offers music classes for newborns through age 7. This popular program uses the “power and joy of music making to help children learn and grow”.
For big kids:
- DX3 Athlete: DX3 offers youth fitness athletic performance training for boys and girls ages 7 and up. The focus is on improving self-confidence and athletic performance through age and need-appropriate training regimens (in a fun and supportive environment!). DX3 offers classes designed for specific sports as well as speed and strength training. Great gifts include monthly memberships, single session or 10 session packages.
- One River School of Art and Design: One River offers traditional art (drawing, painting, and sculpture), digital design, and photography classes for elementary age kids and teens. “Shuffle” classes that explore a variety of mediums are available as well as “Focus” classes that go in depth in one particular area of study.
- The Coder School: Calling the next generation of Silicon Valley whiz kids! The Coder School offers classes for students at all skill levels, ages 7 through 18, and teaches a broad array of coding languages. Individualized coaching and camps are also available.
Not sure what kind of class to gift? Consider purchasing a Pearachute monthly pass. This pass allows you to drop into a variety of different types of classes around town, giving flexibility with scheduling and allowing kids to try new things (without committing to a particular type of class or breaking the bank). With 3 plans to chose from (3 classes per month, 6 class per month, or unlimited classes per month) you can give little ones a chance to explore new interests (and parents a flexibility way to facilitate the fun!)
Events and Experiences
Our metroplex has it all – professional sports, world-class performing arts, once-in-a-lifetime concerts… The best part? You don’t have to look far to find events and experiences that are sure to thrill the kids on your list this holiday. In Frisco, we have a great variety of events-oriented experience gifts that will bring smiles – and create lasting memories. Here are a handful to consider:
- Frisco RoughRiders: Our very own Frisco RoughRiders offer experience gifts that are a home run with kids and families! Consider purchasing a flex package (which includes 10 “best in house seats” to any home game) or individual tickets to the Choctaw Lazy River Pool Parties (where kids can enjoy the game while floating on a 3,000 square foot river with an amazing view of the ballpark!)
- Texas Legends: A Legends basketball game is not only exciting to watch, but the team goes all out in providing family-friendly entertainment! Enjoy the kid-friendly Razzle Dazzle and Kidtastic zones, music, and opportunities to take photos with the players!
- Frisco Youth Theatre: Tickets to one of the Frisco Youth Theater’s upcoming productions will delight children of all ages. The 2018 season includes crowd-pleasers such as 101 Dalmatians, Mystery at Shady Acres, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, and The Little Mermaid.
- House of Hadley Kate: This charming Frisco favorite offers special events and one-of-a-kind parties perfect for the little ladies in your life. Consider gifting a ticket to one of the fun upcoming special events (recent examples include hairbow & headband making, cupcake decorating, and handmade holiday card crafting) or go all out and gift a theme party (chose from fun themes including spa parties, princess parties, sassy tea parties, and pop star parties).
- Countdown 2 Escape: A gift certificate to Countdown 2 Escape, Frisco’s local “escape room” is a great idea for older kids or families. This immersive, interactive adventure game is sure to challenge and entertain.
- Pole Position Raceway: Do your little ones have the need to speed? Kids will love racing their own high-speed go-carts on the indoor track and seeing their results on the big screen. Frisco Pole Position Raceway offers discounted “bulk packages” for frequent visits and a “Track Pack” (including racing license, two races, and a t-shirt) that is ideal for first-time racers.
- I-Fly: This indoor skydiving experience is a truly memorable (and incredibly fun!) gift for the young thrill-seekers on your list. Packages include personalized instruction, flight gear, and at least two breath-taking flights in the indoor flight tunnel.
- The Star in Frisco: VIP guided tours of the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters make a cool gift for young football fans. Tours include the Ford Center, the War Room (where the Cowboys’ NFL draft will be conducted), the Nike Star Walk, and a collection of Super Bowl memorabilia.
Experience gift ideas are endless, really. The ultimate goal is…more memories, less stuff!