Cesar came to Frisco from El Paso at age 15 to play soccer, but what we love about his story is that he says he was not the top player — “just the guy who would always give 100%.”
Maybe he’s never been the superstar or the best on the team, but hard work, preparation, setting an example and being a leader (as the oldest on his team currently) has served him well in his soccer career.
In this episode, learn about the North Texas Soccer Club, what Cesar describes the “FC Dallas 2nd team” in Frisco. NTSC players have pro contracts, use the FC Dallas facilities, and train with the first team players and coaches.
We talk about how preparation, being flexible to do what your team needs on the field, and even yoga can keep you ready to perform at the elite level.
Enjoy this episode of Hustle & Pro with Cesar Murillo.
- [:30] Quick Hits with Cesar Murillo
- [1:44] Sports Growing Up
- [4:00] The move from El Paso
- [5:25] About the North Texas Soccer Club
- [10:00] Preparation & Taking care of your body
- [13:06] Being a Leader
- [14:46] From college to Sweden to almost missing the chance to play pro
- [18:10] Middle Defender vs Sliding to the Outside
Resources within this episode:
- Cesar Murillo on Twitter: @AyeCesar09
- North Texas SC Website
- North Texas Soccer Club on Twitter
- North Texas Soccer Club on Instagram
- North Texas Soccer Club on Facebook
Connect with Lifestyle Frisco: