Summer is just around the corner. Are you ready? I’m not talking about swimsuit shopping (can I get a few more months on that one??) but about something much more fun… Summer Camps!
Summer camps are a great way to keep kids learning, growing, and having fun with friends all summer long.
Camps across Frisco tend to fill up quickly so now is the perfect time to make your plans. We did our best to compile a comprehensive list but I’m sure we’ve missed a few. Please feel free to share your favorites in the comments box below.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Each of the programs below may have been adjusted or canceled due to the COVID-19 health crisis – or they might move to an online format. Be sure to contact them directly for the latest information, and should you like, leave us a comment with any new info that you’ve received.
- Ages 8 – 13
- Art, music, and more opportunities through 5 or 10-day camps. Themes include Art, Music & Lego, as well as Star Wars, DJ Spinning Music and Frozen 2.
- Ages 4-14
- FSM provides opportunities for new or continuing students of piano, drumming, guitar, art, dance, and even a Broadway Showcase! Day camps have a new theme each week, including “Extreme Disney”, “Superhero Academy” and “Texas Adventure”.
- Read: Frisco School of Music and Performing Arts Inspires a Love for the Arts
- Ages 4-12
- Themed weekly day camps, performing arts camps, music intro camps
- Read: 5 Reasons to Love Musical Arts Schoolhouse in Frisco
- Ages 5+
- MINT offers a wide variety of camps and classes including Musical Discoveries, Broadway and Theatrical Singing, Disney Songs, Musical Madness, Billboard 100, Piano, Drumming, Guitar, and tons more.
School of Rock
- Ages 7-17
- 4 days of building a band and setlist followed by a performance on day five
- Ages 5-17
- Half-day and full-day camps in drama and theater production for skills in improvisation, audition technique, line memorization, stage presence, choreography, and vocalization. Fun themes include Frozen, Avenging Avengers, Fairytale Princesses, Harry Potter, Belle and the Beast, and The Magic Tree House.
Academic and STEM
- Weekly, half-day sessions for a variety of ages.
- Each 3 hour day of Creative Writing Camp is filled with fun writing activities, focused lessons, independent and group writing, sharing, and so much more!
- Ages 5-12
- Lego-based science, math, and engineering fun as students are guided through projects and challenges along with free-play time
- Ages 5-18
- Classes including robotics, game development, Java with Minecraft, drones, mobile apps, short film-making, YouTube production, database introduction, and much more.
- Incoming 1st-6th graders
- 6 themed weeks offering hands-on experiences with themes including Mission Impossible Math, STEAM, Math in Mad Science, and Aesthetics of Calculations. Discounts available when you register for 3 or more camp weeks.
- Read: 4 Unique Ways to Serve Students of All Levels
- Options available for age 3 – 8th grade
- LPS is partnering with academic, art, and STEAM camps (off-campus): NuMind’s Camp Pursuit and Grade Power Learning.
- Read: This is What Happens When a School Looks Through a Lens of Leadership
- 1st-8th grade
- Sci-Tech hosts a variety of camps emphasizing robotics, animals, engineering, chemistry, physics, and more. Camps rotate between 5 themes throughout the summer.
- Ages 4 and up
- Chess, leadership, fun science, robotics, drones, EV3 Mission Possible, Mindbender Club and writing camps are available throughout the summer.
- Ages 3-8
- Spanish immersion camp with hands-on activities, including cultural activities, sports, art, science, cooking and more. Themes include “eco kids”, “adventures in time”, “rainforest” and “exploring Latin America” and “summer games”.
Art, Photography, and Sewing
Color Me Mine
- Ages 6-13
- Children focus on self-expression with different themes and painting techniques. Fun themes include “Color Me Groovy”, “Animal Adventures”, and “Super Heroes”.
- Ages 6 – 13
- Art is the focus as kids learn about different mediums, tools, and techniques. Themes include “summer special”, “mad scientist”, and “travel the world”.
- K – 12th+
- Offers progressive and creative courses in art, digital art, design, photography, filmmaking, and portfolio development. Over 70 innovative themes, from street art painting to short film creation.
- Ages 7-12
- Creative sewing classes that teach kids to sew while making fun projects. Summer themes include “jump into summer”, “rainbows and unicorns”, “mermaids” and “sweet treats”.
- Read: Creative Learning is SEW Fun in Frisco
Day Camps and Themed Activities
- Pre-School to School Age
- Weekly or daily rates for 11 weeks worth of themed activities including Summer Bash, Spies in Disguise, Tinkershop, Weird Science, and more
- School-age kids
- Field trips (like Main Event and Color Me Mine), special guests (including Critterman) and parties with themed weeks and days including “Camping Week” and “Super Silly Art Day”
- Preschool and School Age
- 10 weeks of summer camp with themes like “heroes and villains”, “escape room”, “road trip America”, “entrepreneur kids” and more
- Ages 7-12
- Crafts and cooperative games plus swimming at the Frisco Athletic Center’s state of the art Aquatic Center (half days)
- Ages 4-17
- Summer is heating up during each fully-immersive culinary camp experience! Each day brings sizzling new surprises and culinary delights.
- Middle School+
- Camps designed to give Frisco-area students countless opportunities to learn more about the things they love in a fun, summer day camp environment.
- WOW! Wednesdays will rock your socks off! The same type of great elementary programming you’re used to on Mondays during past summers will be in Council Chambers on Wednesdays this year. Mark your calendars and check friscolibrary.com/calendar to see what’s in store each week.
Sports and Recreation
- 1st-6th grades (with advanced camp offerings, including position camps, through 12th grade)
- includes on-field coaching from former NFL players and lessons in teamwork and dedication from current Dallas Cowboy players.
- Girls ages 6-16
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Dance Academy 3-day summer camps give dancers the opportunity to learn dance routines and team spirit with a special emphasis on self-confidence as well as health and fitness.
- Introductory “Lil Miss” classes are also offered for girls 3-6 (alongside their parents), as well as high school dance clinics
Dallas Cowboys Hip Hop Academy at The Star
- Ages 6-18
- Focuses on the fundamentals of hip hop dance, choreography and the elements of tricking and breaking in a positive learning environment
- From the beginner dancer wanting to experience hip hop and urban dance styles, to the advanced dancer wanting to sharpen their skills to prepare for a high school, college or competitive team
- Summer Youth Yoga Camps
- “Christ-centered, Grace-filled, Community-Focused” yoga studio
- 2019 camps included “Be Brave” Camp (ages 6+), Teen Athletes Camp (ages 12+), Teen Girls Image Camp (Girls ages 13+): Please check with the studio directly for possible 2020 offerings as they’ve been closed due to COVID-19.
- Read: Dwell Yoga Studio in Frisco: Come As You Are
- Ages 3-12
- Gymnastics are the focus with 9 weeks of themed camps on gymnastics, games, crafts, music, movies, tumbling, and more. Themes include “Aloha Summer”, “It’s a Jungle Out There”, “Under the Big Top, “Wild Wild West” and “Go USA”.
- Ages 5+
- Cheer, tumbling, jumps, stunts, and motions, and even Wet-N-Wild water days are in store with this cheer organization. Performance camp participants will even perform at a Frisco RoughRiders game!
- Ages 6-13
- Super flexible camp opportunity that allows you to pick days throughout the summer for experiences with soccer, basketball, volleyball, kickball, and dodgeball.
- Specific sports camps (including basketball, football, soccer, and volleyball) are also available.
- Ages 3-14
- British Soccer Camp and U.K. Elite Summer Camp with emphasis on drills and skills no matter the player’s ability, age, or level
- Ages 8-15
- Campers participate in an active outdoor camp where they learn how to wakeboard. Full days, half days, or Saturdays.
- Ages 2.5 – 18
- Four-day camps (ages 2.5 – 11) in KJ’s summer wonderland include exploration of ballet, jazz, tap, and hip hop, as well as special character visits throughout the week. In addition, KJ has summer dance class offerings (through age 18) for those dancers wishing to continue their dance training over the school break.
- Ages 3-8
- Whimsical-themed 1/2 day camps (including “pajama party” and “race to outer space”) for newbies and those ready for advanced gymnastics
- Ages 3 – 7
- Songs, dance, games, arts, and crafts are planned that enhance physical development and promote social interaction through 1/2 day camps (bonus: sibling discounts are available!)
- Ages 6-12
- PGA Professional-supervised instruction with students receiving a set of custom fit EPEC golf clubs, bag, hat, water bottle, tees, balls, unlimited use of a variety of 9-hole courses.
- Ages 5-12
- Kids will learn obstacle skills and techniques as well as games and other activities.
- Campers will build confidence, strength, agility and balance while having fun!
- Rookie Camp for 4-6 year olds helping children become familiar with baseball basics
- Development camp for 7-14 year olds ready to work on drills as they perfect their hitting, fielding, throwing, bunting, etc.
- Ages 3-12
- Variety of Dance camp offerings, including Twinkle Toes (ages 3-7), Summer Dance Intensive, and a Frisco Ballet Workshop.
- Ages 6-14
- Youth basketball camp with “star-studded coaching staff including visits from celebrity guests and complimentary camp gifts.”
- Ages 3+
- Half-day and full-day camps available with opportunities for gymnastics, tumbling, games, and arts and crafts.
- Ages 5-13
- In addition to regular activities, day camps with an emphasis on outdoor activities and field trips. Frisco area offerings include an indoor camp (at least 30% of time spent outdoors) and outdoor camp (90% of time spent outdoors)
Faith-based and VBS
- Ages 7-11 ELC Kids 2020 Summer Camp in Frontier Cove
- Grades 6th-12th Youth Campference 2020
- Kindergarten – 5th grade
- First Baptist offers a variety of active, faith-based camps including Vacation Bible School, Sports Camp, Camp Chaos, and Camp Change.
- Ages K-9th
- Vacation Bible School with theme this year “Rocky Railway” and numerous camps including Dodgeball and Triumph Sports. Frisco FUMC hosts the popular Winshape day camp (which combines sports, arts, recreation, Bible study, and worship into one incredible week). New this year is Camp A.R.K. (Acts of Random Kindness), where children will have the opportunity to serve, make crafts, and participate in activities out in the community.
Grace Avenue United Methodist Church
- Age 4 – 5th grade
- K – 5th
- Vacation Bible School “Rocky Railway – Jesus’ Power Pulls Us Through”
- K – 5th
- Vacation Bible School “Totally Catholic Rocky Railway”
- K – 5th
- Join Stonebriar Community Church for numerous camps and activities for kids of all ages.
- K – 5th
- Offering VBS through the church and week-long themed summer camps at the preschool.
Frisco Parks and Recreation – Play Frisco
- Offers affordable classes, camps, and events of all kinds, all summer long for all ages and interests.
- Sports, dance, art, and more.
- Online registration typically opens in April, but due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the availability of programming info is delayed.
- Check with Play Frisco directly for updates.