Summer is just around the corner. Are you ready? I’m not talking about swimsuit shopping (can I get a few more months on that one??) but about something much more fun… Summer Camps!
Summer camps are a great way to keep kids learning, growing, and having fun with friends all summer long. Lucky for us, Frisco offers a camp for every imaginable age and interest!
Camps tend to fill up quickly so now is the perfect time to make your plans. We did our best to compile a comprehensive list but I’m sure we’ve missed a few. Please feel free to share your favorites in the comments box below.
Also, check out the Frisco Fun Guide, a terrific resource from Frisco Parks and Recreation!
With everything Frisco has to offer, finding the perfect summer camp for your kids will be easy and fun. If only I could say the same for finding the perfect swimsuit…
- Ages 7 – 12
- STEM, Art, Music, Chess, and Yoga opportunities through 5 or 10-day camps with fun themes like Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and the music of John Williams (composer for E.T., Superman, Indiana Jones and more!)
- Ages 4-14
- FSM provides opportunities for new or continuing students of piano, drumming, guitar, art, dance, and even a Broadway Showcase!
- Ages 4+
- MINT offers a wide variety of camps and classes including Musical Discoveries, Chess, Broadway and Theatrical Singing, Disney, Pop Music, Piano, Star Wars, Drumming, Guitar, and tons more
- Ages 4-10
- 7 weeks of music, art, dance, and theatre through a variety of themes including Disney, Jungle Safari, Superheroes, and more
- Ages 7-17
- 4 days of building a band and set list followed by a performance on day five
- Ages 5-17
- Half-day and full-day camps in drama and theater production for skills in improvisation, audition technique, line memorization, stage presence, choreography, and vocalization. Fun themes include Frozen, Moana, Trolls, Harry Potter, Dr. Seus and Willy Wonka.
Academic and STEM
- Ages 5-12
- Lego-based science, math, and engineering fun as students are guided through projects and challenges along with free-play time
- Elementary – High School Aged
- Classes including robotics, game development, Java, drones, mobile apps, short film-making, database introduction, and much more
- Incoming 1st-6th graders
- 5 themed weeks offering hands-on experiences: Crafty Math, Time and Money Math, Math in STEM, Math in Art and Music, and Math in Nature. Discounts available when you register for 3 or more camp weeks.
- 1st-8th grade
- Sci-Tech hosts a variety of camps emphasizing robotics, animals, engineering, chemistry, physics, and more. Fun camp themes include “super spies”, “go-cart construction”, “crime lab” and “wildlife explorers.”
- Ages 4-13
- Chess, leadership, science, robotics, Minecraft, yoga, animation, and writing camps throughout the summer
- Ages 3-8
- Spanish immersion camp with hands-on activities, including cultural activities, sports, art, science, cooking and more. Themes include soccer, the rainforest, and time travel.
- Ages 6-13
- Children focus on self-expression with different themes and painting techniques
- Ages K-12
- Taught by professional artists and teachers, campers will learn the joy of artistic expression. (Fun bonus: campers’ work will be included in a special upcoming book “Art of Summer 2018)
- Ages 5 – 13
- Art is the focus as kids learn about different mediums, tools, and techniques. Fun themes include Harry Potter, STEM, words of imagination, and travel.
- K – 12th
- Offers progressive and creative courses in art, digital art, design, photography, filmmaking, and portfolio development. Over 70 innovative themes, from street art painting to short film creation.
- Ages 7-12
- Creative sewing classes that teach kids to sew while making fun projects. Sumer themes include “decorate your room”, “unicorns”, and “slumber party.”
Day Camps and Activities
- Pre-School to School Age
- Weekly or daily rates for 11 weeks worth of themed activities including Animal Planet, Chef’s Academy, Grossology, Crazy Chemistry, and more
- School-age kids
- Field trips (like Main Event and Color Me Mine), special guests (including Critterman) and parties with themed weeks and days including “Camping Week” and “Super Silly Art Day”
- Ages 3-8
- Games, sports, and crafts with a super flexible schedule including week-long camps or just day camps with rotating themes. 2018 Summer Camp details to be announced soon.
- Ages 5-12
- 10 weeks of summer camp with space, art, cooking, dance, fitness, engineering, and community service experience.
- Ages 7-12
- Crafts and cooperative games plus swimming at the Frisco Athletic Center’s state of the art Aquatic Center (half days)
- Ages 5 and up
- Arts, crafts, and pampering fun with creative themes like “unicorns”, “mermaids”, “glamping” and “magically engineered science”
- Ages 4-17
- International food, Cupcakes, Summer Road Trip Food, and many more week-long camps to satisfy anyone’s appetite.
Sports and Recreation
- 2nd-8th grades
- 3 day camp includes non-contact football skill instruction, games, contests, and a flag football tournament.
- Girls ages 6-16
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Dance Academy 3-day summer camps give dancers the opportunity to learn dance routines and team spirit with a special emphasis on self-confidence as well as health and fitness.
- Ages 3-12
- Gymnastics are the focus with 9 weeks of themed camps on gymnastics, games, crafts, music, movies, tumbling, and more. Themes include “aloha”, “superheroes”, “Wild West” and “Minecraft”.
- Ages 5+
- Cheer, tumbling, jumps, stunts, and motions, and even Wet-N-Wild water days are in store with this cheer organization
- Ages 6-13
- Super flexible camp opportunity that allows you to pick days throughout the summer for experiences with soccer, basketball, volleyball, kickball, and dodgeball
- Ages 3-18
- British Soccer Camp and U.K. Elite Summer Camp with emphasis on drills and skills no matter the player’s ability, age, or level
- Ages 8-15
- Campers participate in an active outdoor camp where they learn how to wakeboard. Full days, half days, or Saturdays.
- Ages 2.5 – 18
- Four-day themed camps such as “Princess Party Dance Camp” and “Rising Star Dance Camp,” in addition to summer dance class offerings for those dancers wishing to continue their dance training over the school break.
- Ages 3-12
- Whimsical-themed 1/2 day camps for newbies and those ready for advanced gymnastics
- Ages 2.5 – 7
- Songs, dance, games, arts, and crafts are planned that enhance physical development and promote social interaction through 1/2 day camps (bonus: sibling discounts are available!)
- Ages 6-12
- PGA Professional-supervised instruction with students receiving a set of custom fit EPEC golf clubs, bag, hat, water bottle, tees, balls, unlimited use of 9-hole course, and free admission to the Byron Nelson and Dean & Deluca Invitational
- Rookie Camp for 4-6 year olds helping children become familiar with baseball basics
- Development camp for 7-14 year olds ready to work on drills as they perfect their hitting, fielding, throwing, bunting, etc.
- Ages 3-12
- Variety of Dance camp offerings, including Cheer Camp, Twinkle Toes (ages 3-7), Summer Dance Intensive, and a Frisco Ballet Workshop.
- Ages 6-14
- Youth basketball camp with “star-studded coaching staff including visits from celebrity guests and complimentary camp gifts”
- Ages 3+
- Half-day and full-day camps available with opportunities for gymnastics, tumbling, games, and arts and crafts.
- Ages 4-12
- In addition to regular activities, day camps with an emphasis on outdoor activities (at least 50%) and field trips.
- Ages 3 – 10
- “Summer of Discovery” is a “blend of challenging and imaginative activities with a new adventure every day.” Discovery themes include wildlife, sports, culinary arts, mysteries, and more.
- Kindergarten – 5th grade
- First Baptist invites kids to “have an Olympic sized summer” and offers a variety of active, faith-based camps including Vacation Bible School, Sports Camp, Camp Chaos, and an overnight camp at Lake Lavon
- Ages K-9th
- Vacation Bible School and numerous camps including Dodgeball, Art, Triumph Sports, Winshape, and Cross Cheer
- Age 4 – 5th grade
- Vacation Bible school and various camps such as Way Cool Bible, Music & Drama, Science, Art, Mission, and even a sleep away camp called Camp Grace
- K – 6th grade
- “Game On” Vacation Bible School. Online registration available soon.
- K – 5th
- Vacation Bible School “Shipwrecked – rescued by Jesus”
- K – 5th
- Vacation Bible School, summer camps (including a sleep-away), and numerous single day adventures
- K – 5th
- Vacation Bible School, “Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus.” Online registration available soon.