If you were given time to chat with FISD Superintendent Dr. Waldrip and a school board member over coffee, what would you say?
Perhaps you would bring up school funding, overcrowding, bussing, or the small school model. Personally, I would ask about the margarita machine that I feel every teacher workroom needs but never seems to be approved by district…
It looks like we have our chance to ask these, and other burning questions, because Frisco ISD is hosting coffee talks with Superintendent, Dr. Mike Waldrip and a School Board member each month of the 2018-2019 school year.
While Frisco ISD coffee talks are not a new concept, the school district is noticeably focusing on communication and community involvement more than ever. Frisco can only benefit from the continued numerous opportunities for communication with administrators.
The coffee talks do not have a set agenda or topic and are truly meant to be a casual atmosphere for the parents and community to get together. Bring your questions and feedback – the district wants to hear from you.
Each high school will host an FISD Coffee Talk in their campus’ library from 8-9am. Here is the scheduled for the 2018-2019 school year:
- August 28 – Lebanon Trail High School
- September 18 – Memorial High School
- October 23 – Independence High School
- November 13 – Reedy High School
- December 4 – Frisco High School
- January 22 – Centennial High School
- February 21 – Wakeland High School
- March 28 – Heritage High School
- April 16 – Lone Star High School
- May 7 – Liberty High School
Any parent is welcome to attend to ask questions or share feedback. There’s always so much happening around our city and school district – there’s a lot to talk about!