LEMON BAR CLOSED. In it’s place is Dodie’s Live.
I had a bias when I first saw Lemon Bar in Frisco.
I had spent the last 4 years living in Uptown, and the Lemon Bar (no longer there) in West Village just never agreed with my wife and I [insert age joke here].
One morning my wife and I were looking for a place to grab brunch that we had never been to. It turned out that Lemon Bar serves brunch so on a whim we decided to try it, and I’m so glad we did.
Lemon Bar Frisco has a great “out and about in Frisco” vibe. They’re also very involved in supporting the Frisco community and keep an active events calendar.
If you’re ever looking for something to do be sure to see what they have going on, there’s almost always something. The regular calendar run down is:
- Monday: Pool, Video & Ping Pong Tournament $3 appetizer and taco specials, $2 select drafts for tournament players
- Tuesday: Texas Holdem Tournament
- Wednesday: Live Band Karaoke w/Texas holdem (If you win live band Karaoke and Texas Holdem you win a free round trip ticket on southwest anywhere they fly).
- Thursday: Ladies Night : 1/2 price bottles & $3 Lemon Drop Martinis
- Weekends: Various live music
I’m writing this as I’m sitting at the bar listing to the Wednesday night band, and everyone is having a great time whether they’re rocking with the band or hanging closer to the back chatting with friends.
Lemon Bar has a nice open floor plan so it can pack a crowd without giving you the feeling everyone in the place is right on top of you. They also have nice little patio outside and are well equipped for special events, private or corporate.
When you’re looking for a place to watch a game you would be hard pressed to find a place in here where you can’t see the action. There are TV’s everywhere, and if you’re not into the game pick from any number of other activities; video games, ping pong, foosball, pool tables or just kick back on one of the couches near the bar and relax with friends.
The food is good with a selection of dishes that go beyond the usual burgers; though the burger is excellent, I’m having one right now! As I mentioned, they also do brunch on Saturday and Sunday with $9 carafes of Mimosa or Bellini’s. On weekends kids under 12 get free waffles for brunch and Free ice cream all the time so Lemon Bar is very kid friendly.
Insider Tip: Get the seared tuna as a meal. It’s listed as an appetizer but you can get a meal version and it’s fantastic!
If you’re looking for a place with life and a good vibe but don’t want to feel overrun, Lemon Bar is a great place to land. It’s also in proximity to Pizza Hut Park, Frisco Square and the Cinemark movie theater making it a great choice for a bite before the game or movie or drinks after.
The team at Lemon Bar is also big supporters of the Frisco community. Some of the things they do include:
- Saturday 6/29 Poker fundraiser supporting “Honor Courage and Commitment” helping veterans start businesses. The tournament is free to participate but the top 3 win a seat at the championships at the Choctaw. Checkin starts at 11:00am.
- Frisco FireDepartment Fundraisers and Functions
- FC Dallas Girls Academy Team, Under 23 Going to Nationals in Richmond, VA, Fundraiser
so I hope you’ll come out and support them.
5566 Main Street
Frisco, TX 75033
Mon – Fri: 11:00am – Midnight
Saturday: 10:30am – 1:00am
Sunday: 10:30am – Midnight
Brunch Sat & Sun: 10:30am – 3pm