How do you reflect on how many families you have helped and what your gift to them means?
It’s an impossible task to do in one article, but I can do a couple of things in this piece. I can say Thank You to Frisco Family Services on behalf of the thousands of people they have helped and will help in the future. Their network of donors, volunteers and programs is a fantastic secret this city has. I can also share with you a lot of fun and interesting data about Frisco Family Services and their reach into our community.
A brief introduction
Frisco Family Services began in 1994 as “Frisco Projects” by a few like-minded people who wanted to help a small town and take care of their own. In the beginning it offered food and clothing and the “store front” was someone’s garage! In time, the organization grew into a full social services program to support emergency needs and offer sustainable assistance for a growing city.
Things I found interesting about their first 20 years:
- 463,000 pounds of food supplied annually to those in need.
- Volunteers contributed 40,400 hours of their time in 2013. (@$22.14/hr = $894,456 in contribution)
- There is a Little Hands Program for 4-10 year olds and their parents.
- Client Services helped 3,200 individuals in 2013 with a variety of life crisis.
- CHAMPS helped 516 individuals achieve self-sufficiency with additional training and support.
- FFS supplied over $267k in emergency assistance to local families.
- Back to School Fair provides over 260 students with basic school supplies.
- Thanksgiving Distribution Programs helped 214 families receive a fun Turkey day!
- The Holiday Program helped 246 families and 71 seniors enjoy a joyous holiday!
So you’ve readthe stats and are feeling all jazzed up like I am and wondering how you can help? You have a lot of options!!!
- You can donate to Frisco Family Services.
- You can create a family outing and volunteer.
- If you like golf, you can join the Mayor’s Classic.
- You can donate extra food here.
- You can donate extra clothes.
The bottom-line is that Frisco Family Services provides invaluable services to our community. And if there is an interesting way you and your family can find to support them, it will pay dividends to those in need for years to come.