Bored with baseball? Tired of theaters? Weary of wine bars? Fancy something to do with a little more heART?
Frisco’s a wonderful city, provided you’re not trying to park in the first slot at Stonebriar Mall. This season, celebrate modern life with our top 5 art experiences that provide an enlightening change of scene.
5. Frisco Art Gallery: The Frisco Art Gallery features rotating exhibits by local, regional, national, and international artists as part of solo or group shows. From Venezuela to the Visual Arts Guild of Frisco, the Frisco Art Gallery welcomes a broad range of artists to exhibit at the Frisco Discovery Center. The galleries primarily support the display of two-dimensional media, such as painting and photography, however limited space for sculptural work is available.
4. Gallery8680: Gallery8680 has the desire to create a space for emerging artists of a visionary nature. Whether self taught or raised within the disciplines of art, they believe that the essence of true artistic expression comes from an earnest desire to “say something.” Teh gallery aims to facilitate the artist by promoting the exhibition and sale of art to the general public and invited members of the local art community, while hoping to create a hub for an under served art community.
3. Art Seen Tour: Save the date for the 3rd Annual ArtSeen Studio Tour, October 19 + 20, 2013. Bring your family and visit artists in their studios all over town on this free, self-paced studio tour. Meet the artists and their works up close and personal in the spaces where they work.
2. Masterpiece Gallery: Masterpiece Gallery is a family-owned and operated art gallery located in Stonebriar mall Mall in Frisco, Texas. The gallery features affordable, hand-painted oils and acrylics on canvas, tapestries, and while-you-wait framing. Masterpiece Gallery houses a variety of styles from conservative and traditional to renaissance, abstract and whimsical. The artists they currently exhibit originate from areas as far as Argentina to Austin, Texas. They also proudly feature local artists in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and frequently feature a local artist Meet-and-Greet with a showcase.
1. SoDeVis Gallery “Society for the Development of Visual Arts” SoDeVis serves as a resource for both those who are already familiar with art and those for whom art is a new experience. Through exhibitions and programs accessible to art lovers of all ages, SoDeVis strives to stimulate in visitors a sense of pleasure, pride and discovery, which provides aesthetic challenge and leads to a greater cultural awareness and discernment. Creating educational opportunities and accommodates a wide range of experiences, SoDeVis educates the artists of the future through apprenticeships and after-school programs. The ultimate aim is to encourage inquiry and to heighten public understanding and appreciation of the visual arts.
BONUS: Coming next year, save the date for “Arts in the Square” in Spring 2014! The event is presented by Frisco Square Property Owners and in cooperation with SoDeVis Gallery. The artists compete in the following categories: 2D Mixed Media, 3D Mixed Media, Acrylics, Ceramics, Drawings, Pastels, Fiber art, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metalwork, Oil, Photography, Sculpture, Watercolor, and Wood. At Arts in the Square, you can feast your eyes on incredible art, sit and relax by the Simpson Plaza, listen to local musicians and also treat yourself to the food and spirits available in a variety of award-winning restaurants on site. Plus, ongoing performing arts, interactive art activities for children, live music, and great food offerings from award winning restaurants on-site make this a festival everyone can enjoy.
So, get in the mood for ARTumn and explore rich sculptures, eye-catching photography, and sumptuous paintings all over Frisco.