We hope you’ve enjoyed your Labor Day weekend as it’s OFFICIALLY the end of Summer. But don’t fret! Your furry dog friends can get their splash on at the FAC this Saturday, plus we’ve got the last ‘Riders baseball game, laughter yoga, and a pARTy with the Mayor … all This Week in Frisco!
Monday, September 4 – LABOR DAY
Sports & Entertainment
Frisco RoughRiders vs. Midland Rockhounds – This is the last game of the season, so head out to Dr. Pepper Ballpark! First pitch thrown at 4:05pm.
Tuesday, September 5
City of Frisco Fiscal Year 2018 Proposed Budget Report – At 5pm in City Council Chambers, come and hear Mayor Cheney and the City Council discuss the proposed Fiscal Year 18 city budget that includes tax relief for homeowners. This year, the Frisco City Council passed the city’s first residential homestead exemption – at 7.5%. Staff is also recommending a slightly lower tax rate for FY18, at .4466 (compared to .45 in FY17). Learn more by watching the budget video above.
Shopping & Dining
- $2 off one (1) supplement of your choice when you mention $2sdays – Functional Health Center at Frisco Square
- $2.50 Cannoli at Pizzeria Testa
- $2 off admission price for open play – The COOP Frisco
- $2 ZiegenBock $2 Pink Lemonade and Vodka all day until 7pm – Nola Grill Frisco
- $2 Bartender’s Choice – The Roots Bar
- $2 2-POP original or a Half-POP #1 Season Popcorn – POParella’s Gourmet Popcorn & Treats
$2.50 Cake Pops – Fluellen Cupcakes
- $2 Domestic Bottles, Monday to Friday 4pm to 7pm – Jakes Uptown
- $2 Thai Iced Teas, Strawberry Lemonades & virgin Pineapple Margaritas – Best Thai
- $2 off the drop in class rate of $23 (any Tuesday Class, Purchase in studio, $21 per person) – barre3 Frisco
- $2 home warranty when you buy from WDR or 2% listing side commission – William Davis Realty – Ask for Suzanne or Marla.
- **Offers good at participating locations and may change without notice. All offers exclude sales tax. Sales tax will be included where applicable.**
Wednesday, September 6
“Wine Up Wednesday” at Silver Fox – The first Wednesday of each month, from 5pm to 7pm, sample 5 wines from the featured region. Vote on your favorite to be featured for the month on the menu. $20 per person. This month, Silver Fox is featuring SPAIN with Morgadio Albarino Rias Baixas, El Coto Rioja Rosado, Borsao Tres Picos, Volver Tempranillo Single Vineyard, Valenciso Reserva Rioja. This event is at the Frisco location only: 1303 Legacy Drive. Please call to RSVP: 214.618.5220. Reservations required as limited seating is available. Entrance fee payable at the door.
Thursday, September 7
Matt Leslie performs Live – The Frisco Rail Yard at 7pm.
pARTy with Mayor Cheney – From 7pm to 9pm, join us dressed in white to celebrate ART in white at the new “Art en Blanc” exhibition! It will be an unforgettable night of creative camaraderie. See this show where artist’s show their work without color only using white, a touch of grey, and burnt sienna mixed with white. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31. Suggested donation to The Gallery 8680 is $20/person, payable at the door. No membership to Frisco Arts required, but there’s limited room and parking, so reserve your spot today! The Gallery 8680, 8680 Main Street.
An Evening with Rizzoli and Isles author, Tess Gerritsen – Please join Tess Gerritsen, of Rizzoli and Isles fame, at a private reception at Frisco Public Library on Thursday, September 7. The internationally bestselling author will be in town promoting her newest book, I Have a Secret. The event kicks off at 6:15pm. Ticket holders will enjoy light refreshments and conversation with Tess Gerritsen and receive an autographed copy of her latest page-turner. After the reception, there will be an open-to-the-public author talk and Q & A session, followed by a book signing. Tickets are $35.
Sports & Entertainment
“Laughter Yoga – A September Reset Button” by HeartStories GNO – This Girls Night Out (GNO) from 6:30pm to 9:30pm is like a mini retreat for busy girlfriends to take a break, connect, and be encouraged and inspired. Featured guest Claire Billingsley is a leadership coach and laughter yogi who believes there needs to be more lightness in the world. Crest Infiniti, 6100 Hwy 121, Frisco 75034. Tickets are $39.
Friday, September 8
Business & Entrepreneurship
Frisco Entrepreneur Speaker Series “Learn, Earn & Return” at the Frisco Chamber – Join us from 8:00am to 8:30am for “Learn, Earn & Return” in the Frisco Chamber of Commerce main meeting room -6843 Main St, Frisco, 75034. You are more than welcome to stay and network after. Founder and CEO, Janelle Hail, along with President and COO, Kevin Hail, of the National Breast Cancer Foundation will be sharing their journey with us “From the Kitchen Table to the Boardroom.” If you have not yet had the pleasure of hearing Janelle and Kevin speak, you won’t want to miss this event.
The Rumble Kings perform Live – The Frisco Rail Yard at 7pm.
Saturday, September 9
Kids & Family
Frisco Rotary Farmers’ Market – Pay a visit to the Frisco Farmers Market, located on 4th Street in Historic Downtown Frisco, just between Main and Elm Streets. Every Saturday through October 21st, from 8am to 1pm or “sell out.”
Frisco Starfest -Texas Astronomical Society holds once monthly Star Parties where members and guests can get together to observe and educate others about the night sky. Look at planets, stars and other celestial wonders at Frisco Starfest, taking place the second Saturday of each month at Frisco Commons Park – 8000 McKinney Road, Frisco 75034
Doggy Splash Day at FAC – The Frisco Water Park is going to the dogs! After the water park closes to humans for the summer, we’re opening up the Lagoon Pool and Lazy River for some doggone fun. Download the required waiver and registration form and bring with you to save time. We’ve got to have some rules to keep you and your dog safe, so please read them! Proof of current rabies vaccination is required – No proof, no entry. Frisco Athletic Center, 5828 Nancy Jane Ln, Frisco, 75035.
Global Village’s Multicultural Festival – It’s Frisco’s FIRST Multicultural Festival! Presented by Global Village Frisco, this event is FREE and FUN for the entire family! Visit 70 interactive cultural booths (including crafts), a diverse variety of foods, cultural performances, bounce houses and much more! You are welcome to attend in native attire. Join us to celebrate the beautiful diversity of multicultural Frisco! From 11am to 6pm at 6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
The Bad 7’s perform Live – The Frisco Rail Yard at 7pm.
Sunday, September 10
Trey Allen Band performs Live – The Frisco Rail Yard at 7pm.
What MOVES You?
Magnificent custom Bella home in prestigious, gated Starwood is perfect for entertaining indoors & out! This opulent Mediterranean villa on beautifully manicured .74-acre lot with city views has an outdoor living area with kitchen, pool-spa, fireplace, basketball court, extraordinary gourmet kitchen featuring Wolf & Viking appliances, wet bar, elegant dining room with wine grotto plus… (find out more!)
Absolutely perfect transitional contemporary home in Newman Village. Located on a secluded cul-de-sac. The owner’s mother is an architect and helped with custom design plans so every detail is well thought out for smart living, natural light, ease of use, extra storage, and a custom home feel with… (find out more!)
Beautifully updated 1-story with POOL in the heart of Frisco! Plantation shutters, crown moldings, updated lighting, laminate wood floors and more! Open and bright family room with gas log fireplace. Updated kitchen boasts custom cabinets, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, double oven, and… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
PogoPass: Get a $124.95 PogoPass for NOW ONLY $39.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this summer including the Frisco RoughRiders, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Fort Worth Zoo, Texas Discovery Gardens, and many, many more!
GET READY FOR:
- Exclusive Tequila Dinners at Cantina Laredo – On Thursday, September 14th, evoking the flavors of a modern Mexico City cuisine, several Cantina Laredo locations in North Texas will host an exclusive four-course Tequila Dinner, featuring distinctive off-the-menu items paired with a featured tequila cocktail for $59.99 per person. The menu at each event includes: Huarache de Camaron y Chorizo; Cranberry Salad; Grouper topped with Alcachofas Vino Blano Sauce, served with Cilantro Lime Rice and Green Beans OR Pepper Corn Filet served with Green Beans and Potato Confit; and Lemon Blueberry Cake. Cantina Laredo, 1125 Legacy Drive, Frisco 75034. Reservations: (214) 618-9860. Featured Tequila: Milagro
- Big Orange Pumpkin Farm – From September 15th through November 22nd, 8am to 8pm, the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm at Preston Trail Farms provides visitors with a chance to experience blossoming small green pumpkins right on the vine, hayrides, a 6-foot hay maze, a farm train, and a petting farm for a taste of the country life. The Preston Trail Farms Café offers delicious meals for breakfast and lunch from Monday through Wednesday and for breakfast, lunch and dinner Thursday – Sunday. Gift items, toys and books are available in the
Preston Trail Farms General Store (and so much more!) Weekday Admission (Monday – Friday) is $8 per person for those over 2 years of age. This includes: one pie pumpkin, feed for the petting barn, a hayride, the roping pen and the hay maze. Weekend Admission (Saturday –Sunday) is $10 per person for those over 2 years of age. This includes: the farm train, a hot dog, feed for the petting barn, a free hayride, the roping pen and the hay maze.
- Frisco Holy Yoga – Saturday, September 16th, 8am-9am, in conjunction with the Frisco Farmer’s Market, Frisco Holy Yoga will offer a community yoga class on the grassy lawn behind the Frisco Chamber of Commerce offices, located on 4th Street in Historic Downtown Frisco, just between Main and Elm Streets. This slow flow class will be donation-based, with 100% of the funds raised going to Samaritan’s Purse for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
- “Crimes of the Heart” by Theatre Frisco – Opening Friday, September 29th, “Crimes of the Heart” is a Broadway play, the winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the New York Drama Critics Circle Award and then a movie starring Diane Keaton, Jessica Lange and Cissy Spacek. There will be 5 evening shows and 5 matinees from Sept. 29th through Oct. 15th.
- CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow Returns – From October 6th to 8th, The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) returns for a “Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow” during this weekend at Dallas Executive Airport (DEA) presented by Frost Bank. The inaugural event in 2016 attracted more than 19,000 visitors from 32 US states, attracted by spectacular flying demonstrations, battle reenactments, WWII veteran appearances, living history encampments, hands-on family activities, aircraft rides, cockpit tours and more. Plans for this year’s show include a 75th anniversary commemoration of the Doolittle Raid, the heroic US counterattack on Japan after Pearl Harbor. A flying reenactment of the Raid will combine eight B-25 bombers, spectacular pyrotechnics, sound effects and narration into a pulsating history lesson. The guest of honor will be Texas native Dick Cole, who at age 101 is the last surviving Doolittle Raider. Tickets are on sale at www.wingsoverdallas.org with advance purchase discounts available. Rides are also available through the website in numerous WWII aircraft.
- Camp Craig Allen Amateur BBQ Cook Off & Music Fest – On Friday, October 6th, and Saturday, October 7th, in Toyota Stadium. 100% of proceeds from our annual BBQ Cook-off goes toward programs and operations of Camp Craig Allen, 501(c)3. Without their dedicated partners, sponsors, volunteers, teams, vendors and help from the public, we would not be able to meet the needs of hundreds of individuals and families living with the challenges of physical disabilities.
- Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk presented by Frisco Arts – On Saturday, October 7th, Frisco Association for the Arts (Frisco Arts) will present the Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk on Saturday, Oct. 7th, from 12:00pm – 7:00pm at HALL Park. Frisco Arts Walk is a free, immersive arts experience celebrating Frisco’s citywide art in public spaces. Frisco Arts Walk takes place at HALL Park among the Texas Sculpture Garden, the largest private collection of Texas sculptures ever assembled and made available to the public. Free admission, activities, and parking. Food trucks and vendors accept cash or credit. Paid valet available.
- 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival – On Friday, October 13th, and Saturday, October 14th, in City Hall. Get ready to be surprised and delighted! The 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival will feature stories with humor, honesty, and a lot of heart told by nationally-renowned artists for three days right here in Frisco. Don’t miss it!
- BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND Announce 2017 Runaway Train Tour – On Saturday, October 21st, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band will launch their 2017 North American Tour on August 24 and includes a tour date at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, TX on Saturday October 21. Bob Seger fan club members will have special access to purchase tickets in advance on the Tuesday before each scheduled on-sale. To become a Bullet Club member, visit BobSeger.com. Tickets can be purchased at BobSeger.com and LiveNation.com. Special guest includes Nancy Wilson of Heart on select dates.