We start off the week with a September 11 remembrance and then move on to several business and entrepreneurship events. Plus, pumpkin season begins along with North Texas Giving Day, a tequila dinner, and tons of live music… all This Week in Frisco!
Monday, September 11
Kids & Family
Tuesday, September 12
Business & Entrepreneurship
W.E.B. (Women Enhancing Business) Frisco Chamber Monthly Networking – Please join our wonderful women of WEB at the September Networking Mixer from 11:30am to 1pm sponsored by Joy in the Breakroom. Owner of Joy in the Breakroom, Lillian Chavira will be speaking on the topic “You Are the Captain of Your Own Ship.” VIP Free Check-In for Current WEB Members. Remember, you must join WEB each calendar year. (Your business must be a Frisco Chamber of Commerce Member to join WEB.) Non-WEB Members will pay $15.00 cash, check, or credit card. While payment is accepted at the door, please register so that we have ample refreshments.
Shopping & Dining
- $2 off one (1) supplement of your choice when you mention $2sdays – Functional Health Center at Frisco Square
- $2.50 Cannoli at Pizzeria Testa
- $2 off admission price for open play – The COOP Frisco
- $2 ZiegenBock $2 Pink Lemonade and Vodka all day until 7pm – Nola Grill Frisco
- $2 Bartender’s Choice – The Roots Bar
- $2 2-POP original or a Half-POP #1 Season Popcorn – POParella’s Gourmet Popcorn & Treats
$2.50 Cake Pops – Fluellen Cupcakes
- $2 Domestic Bottles, Monday to Friday 4pm to 7pm – Jakes Uptown
- $2 Thai Iced Teas, Strawberry Lemonades & virgin Pineapple Margaritas – Best Thai
- $2 off the drop in class rate of $23 (any Tuesday Class, Purchase in studio, $21 per person) – barre3 Frisco
- $2 home warranty when you buy from WDR or 2% listing side commission – William Davis Realty – Ask for Suzanne or Marla.
- **Offers good at participating locations and may change without notice. All offers exclude sales tax. Sales tax will be included where applicable.**
Wednesday, September 13
Business & Entrepreneurship
1 Million Cups Frisco – 1 MILLION CUPS is a free, nationwide program designed to educate, engage and accelerate early-stage startups. We believe in the notion that entrepreneurs can discover solutions and thrive when they collaborate over a million cups of coffee. At 9am, drop in on our community of innovators and entrepreneurship enthusiasts at LaunchPad City to connect and support our local startups.
Thursday, September 14 – North Texas Giving Day
Business & Entrepreneurship
Business Behind Sports – Join the Frisco Chamber of Commerce and Guest Host, WFAA’s Joe Trahan, at the Business Behind Sports Luncheon presented by Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Frisco. Panelists: Jim Hinton, CEO, Baylor Scott & White Health // Jerry Jones, Jr., Executive Vice President/Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Dallas Cowboys // Donnie Nelson, President of Basketball Operations, Dallas Mavericks/Owner, Texas Legends // Rob Wechsler, Founder, Blue Star Sports.
North Texas Giving Day – North Texas Giving Day is an 18-hour online giving extravaganza for North Texas nonprofits, powered by Communities Foundation of Texas. Communities Foundation of Texas launched North Texas Giving Day in 2009. North Texas Giving Day is the largest community-wide giving event in the country. In 2015, the 18-hour event raised $33 million for 2,000+ nonprofits. The website profiles more than 2,200 nonprofits, and since its inception has infused $119 million into nonprofits serving the 16-county North Texas community.
Exclusive Tequila Dinners at Cantina Laredo – Evoking the flavors of a modern Mexico City cuisine, several Cantina Laredo locations in North Texas will host an exclusive four-course Tequila Dinner, featuring distinctive off-the-menu items paired with a featured tequila cocktail for $59.99 per person. The menu at each event includes: Huarache de Camaron y Chorizo; Cranberry Salad; Grouper topped with Alcachofas Vino Blano Sauce, served with Cilantro Lime Rice and Green Beans OR Pepper Corn Filet served with Green Beans and Potato Confit; and Lemon Blueberry Cake. Cantina Laredo, 1125 Legacy Drive, Frisco 75034. Reservations: (214) 618-9860. Featured Tequila: Milagro
Luke Lagrange performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Friday, September 15
Kids & Family
Big Orange Pumpkin Farm – From September 15th through November 22nd, 8am to 8pm, the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm at Preston Trail Farms provides visitors with a chance to experience blossoming small green pumpkins right on the vine, hayrides, a 6-foot hay maze, a farm train, and a petting farm for a taste of the country life. The Preston Trail Farms Café offers delicious meals for breakfast and lunch from Monday through Wednesday and for breakfast, lunch and dinner Thursday – Sunday. Gift items, toys and books are available in the Preston Trail Farms General Store (and so much more!) Weekday Admission (Monday – Friday) is $8 per person for those over 2 years of age. This includes: one pie pumpkin, feed for the petting barn, a hayride, the roping pen and the hay maze. Weekend Admission (Saturday –Sunday) is $10 per person for those over 2 years of age. This includes: the farm train, a hot dog, feed for the petting barn, a free hayride, the roping pen and the hay maze.
Atlas Pools and Spa Show – Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 12noon to 8pm in Dr. Pepper Arena.
Cast Iron Soul performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Saturday, September 16
Kids & Family
Frisco Rotary Farmers’ Market – Pay a visit to the Frisco Farmers Market, located on 4th Street in Historic Downtown Frisco, just between Main and Elm Streets. Every Saturday through October 21st, from 8am to 1pm or “sell out.”
Sports & Entertainment
FC Dallas vs. Seattle Founders FC – Match starts at 7pm in Toyota Stadium.
Frisco High School MARCH-A-THON – Now is your chance to come out to hear the Frisco High School 2017-18 Marching Band at their Annual March-A-Thon Fundraising Parade! Starting at 8:30am, they’ll play through Frisco Square’s Simpson Plaza and end with a Mini Concert at City Hall. The Band will then continue their March-A-Thon for 2017 in the neighborhoods of Heritage Green, Cheyenne Crossing, Starwood, and the Bright Elem area. 6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
The Freddy Bozas Band performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Health & Fitness
Frisco Holy Yoga – From 8am to 9am, in conjunction with the Frisco Farmer’s Market, Frisco Holy Yoga will offer a community yoga class on the grassy lawn behind the Frisco Chamber of Commerce offices, located on 4th Street in Historic Downtown Frisco, just between Main and Elm Streets. This slow flow class will be donation-based, with 100% of the funds raised going to Samaritan’s Purse for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
Sunday, September 17
Sophia Annello Music performs Live – 1pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Kids & Family
Frisco Heritage Center 3rd Sunday Open House – Enjoy the Third Sunday Open House at the Frisco Heritage Museum. Monthly event includes kid’s crafts, games, working blacksmiths, historic home tours and much more. Admission is FREE!
What MOVES You?
This beautiful custom home in Latera is priced to sell! Designed with a Tuscan flair, this former model by The Holmes Builders has architectural details. Italian inlayed stone flooring, over-sized study with ornate molding, exquisite built-ins, large kitchen with upgraded granite, a large island, convection double ovens, Wolf gas cook top, built in wine storage. Relax in the… (find out more!)
Gorgeous home adjacent to Cottonwood Creek Park in highly desired Wakeland zone. Granite, plantation shutters, and hardwood floors throughout. Gourmet kitchen featuring a large island with wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances, electric cooktop also plumbed for gas, and butler’s pantry with separate built-ins. The move-in ready home offers a study a game room, a media room with… (find out more!) Watch DRONE Video!
Meticulously maintained 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 living areas, plus a study on a corner lot. Rounded corners, archways, crown molding, designer paint colors, and architectural features throughout. Gorgeous dark hand-scraped English wood floors. Study with French doors. Large living area with cast stone wood burning fireplace. Gourmet kitchen adorned with… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
PogoPass: Get a $124.95 PogoPass for NOW ONLY $39.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this summer including the Frisco RoughRiders, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Fort Worth Zoo, Texas Discovery Gardens, and many, many more!
GET READY FOR:
- Frisco Chamber of Commerce: Frisco Tech Talks – On September 20th, from 7:30am to 12:30pm, the Frisco Chamber of Commerce has partnered with Scheef & Stone, LLP to bring you Frisco Tech Talks, a technology summit, presented by HCL Technologies. Keynote speakers will be Charlie Vogt, CEO of Imagine Communications, and Aaron Thibault, Vice President of Strategic Operations for Gearbox Software. We also have two panels who will discuss “Preparing the 21st Century Workforce” and “Cybersecurity – Friend or Foe of Your Business.” The event will take place at Collin College – Preston Ridge Campus in Frisco.
16th Annual Mother Son Dance – On Saturday, September 23rd, it’s the annual Mother Son Dance at the Frisco Conference Center. Tickets are $17 (per person) for Frisco residents and $20 (per person) for nonresidents. Tickets are available for two dance times:
- 5:30 – 7 p.m., ages 4 – 7
- 7:30 – 9 p.m., ages 8 – 12
- “Crimes of the Heart” by Theatre Frisco – Opening Friday, September 29th, “Crimes of the Heart” is a Broadway play, the winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the New York Drama Critics Circle Award and then a movie starring Diane Keaton, Jessica Lange and Cissy Spacek. There will be 5 evening shows and 5 matinees from Sept. 29th through Oct. 15th.
- CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow Returns – From October 6th to 8th, The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) returns for a “Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow” during this weekend at Dallas Executive Airport (DEA) presented by Frost Bank. The inaugural event in 2016 attracted more than 19,000 visitors from 32 US states, attracted by spectacular flying demonstrations, battle reenactments, WWII veteran appearances, living history encampments, hands-on family activities, aircraft rides, cockpit tours and more. Plans for this year’s show include a 75th anniversary commemoration of the Doolittle Raid, the heroic US counterattack on Japan after Pearl Harbor. A flying reenactment of the Raid will combine eight B-25 bombers, spectacular pyrotechnics, sound effects and narration into a pulsating history lesson. The guest of honor will be Texas native Dick Cole, who at age 101 is the last surviving Doolittle Raider. Tickets are on sale at www.wingsoverdallas.org with advance purchase discounts available. Rides are also available through the website in numerous WWII aircraft.
- Camp Craig Allen Amateur BBQ Cook Off & Music Fest – On Friday, October 6th, and Saturday, October 7th, in Toyota Stadium. 100% of proceeds from our annual BBQ Cook-off goes toward programs and operations of Camp Craig Allen, 501(c)3. Without their dedicated partners, sponsors, volunteers, teams, vendors and help from the public, we would not be able to meet the needs of hundreds of individuals and families living with the challenges of physical disabilities.
- Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk presented by Frisco Arts – On Saturday, October 7th, Frisco Association for the Arts (Frisco Arts) will present the Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk on Saturday, Oct. 7th, from 12:00pm – 7:00pm at HALL Park. Frisco Arts Walk is a free, immersive arts experience celebrating Frisco’s citywide art in public spaces. Frisco Arts Walk takes place at HALL Park among the Texas Sculpture Garden, the largest private collection of Texas sculptures ever assembled and made available to the public. Free admission, activities, and parking. Food trucks and vendors accept cash or credit. Paid valet available.
- 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival – On Friday, October 13th, and Saturday, October 14th, in City Hall. Get ready to be surprised and delighted! The 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival will feature stories with humor, honesty, and a lot of heart told by nationally-renowned artists for three days right here in Frisco. Don’t miss it!
- BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND Announce 2017 Runaway Train Tour – On Saturday, October 21st, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band will launch their 2017 North American Tour on August 24 and includes a tour date at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, TX on Saturday October 21. Bob Seger fan club members will have special access to purchase tickets in advance on the Tuesday before each scheduled on-sale. To become a Bullet Club member, visit BobSeger.com. Tickets can be purchased at BobSeger.com and LiveNation.com. Special guest includes Nancy Wilson of Heart on select dates.
- 7th Annual Trick or Treat the Square – On Sunday, October 29th, from 1pm to 4pm, come dressed in your best costume & trick or treat at some of your favorite restaurants, shops & businesses at Frisco Square! For ages 12 and under, enjoy a petting zoo, face painters, balloon artists, horse drawn wagon rides, a pooch parade/costume contest & dog adoption sponsored by Mazie’s Mission, and more!