If you didn’t get enough Halloween candy this weekend, you’ve got two more days to indulge. Plus, you can Chunk Your Junk, check out some live music, celebrate the 2nd Annual Frisco Book Fest, and (if you’re a lady) join the Ladies Who Launch entrepreneurial luncheon at Bonnie Ruth’s…. all This Week in Frisco!
Monday, October 30
The Cowboys Hour – Hosted by Brad Sham and Jeff Cavanaugh, live from the patio at Omni Frisco Hotel, Monday nights from 6pm to 7pm. Listen locally on 105.3 FM The Fan or 1080AM KRLD. On-site prizes and promotions.
Tuesday, October 31 – HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
“Off With The Helmets – Cowboys” Radio Show – Tupelo Honey Southern Kitchen & Bar, located at The Star in Frisco, will play host to live “Off with the Helmets Cowboys” radio show this football season. Emcee Brady Tinker and current Cowboys players will be on site at Tupelo Honey each show to discuss the current football season live on ESPN 103.3 FM. Featured players will include La’El Collins, Brice Butler and Jaylon Smith, as well as surprise guests featured throughout the season.
Shopping & Dining
- $2 off one (1) supplement of your choice when you mention $2sdays at Functional Health Center at Frisco Square
- $2.50 Cannoli at Pizzeria Testa
- $2 off admission price for open play at The COOP Frisco
- $2 2-POP original or a Half-POP #1 Season Popcorn at POParella’s Gourmet Popcorn & Treats
- $2.50 Cake Pops at Fluellen Cupcakes
- $2.50 Domestic Bottles Monday-Friday 4-7 PM Only at Jakes Uptown
- $2 off the drop in class rate of $23 (any Tuesday Class, Purchase in studio, $21 per person) at barre3 Frisco.
- $2 home warranty when you buy from WDR or 2% listing side commission at William Davis Realty – Ask for Suzanne or Marla
- **Offers good at participating locations and may change without notice. All offers exclude sales tax. Sales tax will be included where applicable.**
Wednesday, November 1
Business & Entrepreneurship
1 Million Cups, Frisco – Join the 1MC Frisco team as they deliver another great event for Entrepreneurs. Learn what it looks like to build a business from the Founder’s perspective. Make sure you’re ready to participate when the Q and A section begins. Also, they’ll have a 90-second community spotlight section where they highlight current or upcoming programs.
Ladies Who Launch – A networking opportunity for women who are launching into the brave new world of entrepreneurial arts. Being an artist means taking risks, and that means you need support to succeed! From 11:30am to 1p, join us at Bonnie Ruth’s Cafe if you are an artist, small business owner, or thinking about launching into a new career in the arts. . . or if you’re a non-arts business or nonprofit leader with a heart for the arts! Learn from each other, make new friends, and enjoy lunch while you’re at it! Ladies only, please! Bonnie Ruth’s Cafe and Patisserie, Shops of Starwood, 6959 Lebanon Rd, Frisco 75034. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, November 2
Joey Salvia performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Friday, November 3
Cast Iron Soul perform Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Saturday, November 4
Chunk Your Junk – Chunk Your Junk takes place at the Environmental Collection Center. The line forms at First St. and North County. Please refer to the map for drop off locations. Event is for Frisco residents only. Driver’s license and city water bill with matching address are REQUIRED to drop off all items. Large crowds are expected, so please come early. Because of time constraints, residents must be in line by 11:30 a.m. to receive service.
2nd Annual Frisco Book Fest – From 1pm to 5pm at the Frisco Public Library, this festival is for readers AND writers! Guests will have a chance to talk to local authors and illustrators, attend author panels, and learn more about the publishing process. Community partners, including Henery Press and the Writers Garret, will be on hand to offer valuable information on a number of outlets for authors.
Sinatra & Friends – The Odysseus North Texas Chamber Orchestra presents a fun-filled evening of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Junior’s greatest hits starting at 8pm. The dynamic trio known as the Rat Pack has wowed and captivated audiences for generations past, present and future. The orchestra, together with Maestro Jason Lim and dynamic Dallas crooner Teddy Davey, will showcase original arrangements of the jazzy big band sound accompanied by the serenity of the lush strings. Grace Church Frisco, 8440 Grace Street.
“Frisco’s Got Talent” Showcase – Watch the top 5 contestants in each category share their talent at the Frisco’s Got Talent Showcase in the Black Box Theater! Limited space available. Various start times.
A Night of Improv – Frisco Improv Players is an improvisational comedy troupe based in Frisco, Texas. Founded in May 2012, FIP specializes in clean, interactive, game-based comedic performances, similar to those seen on the syndicated television show “Whose Line is it Anyway?” Join them for an evening of laughter and interactive fun! Black Box Theater, 8pm.
THE STAR TO HOST COWBOYS PLAZA PARTY – From 4pm to 7pm, Cowboys Plaza Party presented by AT&T before most Dallas Cowboys home games this season on Tostitos Championship Plaza at The Star in Frisco. Fans can enjoy a festive game weekend atmosphere featuring a live DJ, contests & giveaways, autographs from Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, Dallas Cowboys alumni and Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers, inflatables and more! Admission and parking are free.
Ole G performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Sunday, November 5
Ben & Stacy perform Live – 1pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
What MOVES You?
Beautifully maintained by original owner! This Lonnie Gray showcase home in Chapel Creek boasts over 7100 square feet of luxurious living with beautifully detailed architectural design. Austin stone exterior, thick detailed moldings throughout the home, designer paint finishes, hardwood floors, four fireplaces, plus outdoor living which includes a pool, spa, and… (find out more!)
Beautiful Drees built home in golf course community in Wakeland zone. Exquisite millwork granite plantation shutters and hand-scraped hardwoods. Grand entrance with curved staircase and open foyer leading to a handsome executive office with built-in storage. Large gourmet kitchen built to entertain large island solid wood cabinets recessed and under cabinet lighting walk-in pantry abundant counter and cabinet space. Spacious family room with lots of… (find out more!) WATCH THE DRONE VIDEO!
REDUCED TO SELL FAST PLUS A HOME WARRANTY. Don’t miss this gorgeous home with updated kitchen that offers a beautiful open floor plan built to copy the builder’s model and shows beautifully with fantastic curb appeal. Large family room with lots of natural light and large windows opening up to the newly painted interior and stunning fireplace. Four bedrooms, four full baths with… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
- ReNue Pharmacy: 10% off dietary supplements.
- UP Inspired Kitchen:Don’t miss their Bullet Proof coffee brews or signature UP Cakes.
- Vitality Bowls: Special of the Month – Pumpkin Bowl and Pumpkin Latte.
- Jungle Joe’s: Friday’s Kid’s Eat for Free 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM!
- Homewatch Caregivers: Do you have a loved one that needs care? Call today to schedule your complimentary in-home evaluation to determine the unique needs of each of your loved ones.
- PogoPass: Get a $124.95 PogoPass for NOW ONLY $39.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this fall including the Texas Legends games, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, National Videogame Museum, Strikz Bowling & Games, and more!
- Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care: If your hair could use a little anti-aging help, get a COMPLIMENTARY personalized recommendation from Lisa Stubbs with Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care.
- Two Men and a Truck offer lower rates Monday – Wednesday.
- FriscoRX Pharmacy: Get your seasonal flu shot. Usually $0 with insurance and only $28.99 cash price at Frisco Rx.
GET READY FOR:
- ‘Neath the Wreath Holiday Gift Market – November 9-12, at the Plano Event Center. Over twelve thousand shoppers join in holiday gift shopping during the Junior League of Collin County’s annual event. Kicking off the 22nd year, this five-day holiday market features the best in unique holiday and home décor, ladies clothing and accessories, gifts, jewelry, children’s items and gourmet food from over 100 carefully selected merchants. The week kicks off with the wildly popular Ladies Night Out, featuring the opportunity to pre-shop ‘Neath the Wreath, enjoy sips and bites, and indulge in a silent auction.
- Frisco Community Parade – On November 11, 2017 at 10am, to mark Veterans Day and to celebrate community pride. The parade features floats, school marching bands, high school football teams, cheerleaders, scouts, civic organizations, youth sports teams, Frisco-based professional sports teams, and local businesses. Beginning at 10 a.m., parade participants will leave Toyota Stadium, traveling east on Main Street through historic downtown before finishing at North County Road. The Parade is a collaboration between the City of Frisco, Frisco Independent School District, Frisco Chamber of Commerce, and the Frisco Veterans Advisory Committee.
- Veteran’s Day BAR-B-QUE at Bonnie Ruth’s – On November 11th, help support a veteran with proceeds benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project and PatriotPaws Service Dogs. “From 2pm to 6pm, we’re honoring our Vets this Veteran’s Day with a BBQ Benefit Buffet. Veterans, we could never thank you enough for your service and sacrifice, so your meal is on us! Supporters pay $25 per person for adults and $15 for children 2-10 years old with proceeds going straight to projects that assist our disabled American Veterans at home. Reservations are highly encouraged to ensure your space.” Bonnie Ruth’s Cafe, 6959 Lebanon Road.
- Silver Fox and Cantina Laredo Offer FREE Meal to Veterans on Veterans Day – On November 11th, in recognition of Veteran’s Day, all restaurants owned and operated by Consolidated Restaurant Operations will offer a complimentary meal to all veterans and active duty military personnel. Cantina Laredo – Free entrée up to $20 value; Silver Fox – Free entrée up to $40 value; El Chico – Free entrée up to $15 value. Additionally, on Veterans Day, each restaurant will host a haunting visual – a Missing Warrior table, which uses various symbols to recognize those who served and died. Proof of military service will be requested for this offer.
- Christmas In The Square 2017 – Starting November 18th and running through January 3, 2018, Frisco Square Property Owners Association and NBC5, proudly present Christmas in the Square at Frisco Square which opens with Skate the Square. The “Christmas in the Square Light Show” will be open nightly from 6:00pm – 10:00pm. Due to the overwhelming popularity and growth of CITS, Frisco Square Property Owners Association is offering big and small businesses, non-profits, and those with a creative holiday flare the opportunity to have a 10’ x 10’ booth during the event night, December 16, 2017. Along with the dazzling light show, in partnership with the City of Frisco, which is choreographed to holiday music visitors can enjoy snow machines, parachuting Santa, an inner tubing snow slide, carriage rides, and so much more. We suggest those with a special holiday give-away, game, treat, or performance visit www.friscosquare.com/cits to fill out an application to become a part of this wonderful Frisco Square tradition.
- Breakfast With Santa – On Saturday, December 2nd, it’s the most important meal of the day and one of the most memorable events of the season! Join Santa, Frosty and Rudolph for a delicious breakfast, crafts and holiday cheer. Purchase and print tickets from home or purchase in person at the Frisco Athletic Center, 5828 Nancy Jane Lane. All children and adults need a ticket to be admitted!
- Frisco Holiday Home Tour – On Saturday, December 2nd, between 11am-5pm, enjoy a self-guided tour of some of the most beautiful Homes in Frisco, gorgeously decorated for the holidays. The proceeds of this exclusive ticketed event will benefit Make-A-Wish North TX.
- Frosty 5K and Merry Mile Run – On Saturday, December 9th, at Simpson Plaza, City Hall. Looking for a way to warm up in the cold? Bring your friends and family out for a run at the Frosty 5K and Merry Mile. Register early and receive discounted pricing. Enter your team (4 or more people) into the Frosty 5K Team competition.