February is all about love, and we think you’ll LOVE what’s happening in Frisco this week! Multiple Arts events, the annual Daddy Daughter Dance, Texas Legends games and Super Bowl parties… all This Week in Frisco!
If you’re not subscribed to Lifestyle Frisco via email, you don’t want to miss our articles, videos, podcasts, and updates!
Monday, January 29
Kids & Family
Frisco Youth Theater Auditions: Auditions for Jack and the Beanstalk (grades 1-8) will run January 29 and February 1 at Power House of Dance – Frisco, from 6:00pm-8:00pm. For tuition, rehearsals and performance information, visit Frisco Youth Theater online.
Shopping & Dining
Special Event at Kenny’s Burger Joint in Frisco: Most people plan to receive gifts for their birthday, but Kenny Bowers has always been different. The Dallas restaurateur celebrates his FIFTIETH birthday on Monday, January 29, and is celebrating at all six of his restaurants. All day on Monday, guests who wish Kenny a Happy Birthday get a FREE appetizer! Limit one per table, and dine in only.
Tuesday, January 30
“Fresh Start” – VAGF Member Art Show: Come see the Visual Arts Guild of Frisco’s first exhibition of the spring, “Fresh Start,” featuring artwork by local artists working in a variety of media, including painting, drawing, sculpture, and photography. The event begins on January 30 and runs through Feb 25th. 9:00am-5:00pm, Tues-Thurs; 9am-8pm on Friday; 10:00am-8P:00pm on Saturday; 12:00pm-6:00pm on Sunday. Location: Frisco Art Gallery at the Frisco Discovery Center, 8004 N. Dallas Parkway.
Shopping & Dining
$2 Tuesdays in Frisco Square:
- $2 off one (1) supplement of your choice when you mention $2sdays at Functional Health Center at Frisco Square
- $2.50 Cannoli at Pizzeria Testa
- $2 off admission price for open play at The COOP Frisco
- $2 2-POP original or a Half-POP #1 Season Popcorn at POParella’s Gourmet Popcorn & Treats
- $2.50 Cake Pops at Fluellen Cupcakes
- $2.50 Domestic Bottles Monday-Friday 4-7 PM Only at Jakes Uptown
- $2 off the drop in class rate of $23 (any Tuesday Class, Purchase in studio, $21 per person) at barre3 Frisco
- $2 home warranty when you buy from WDR or 2% listing side commission at William Davis Realty – Ask for Suzanne or Marla
**Offers good at participating locations and may change without notice. All offers exclude sales tax. Sales tax will be included where applicable.**
Wednesday, January 31
Fashion Stars for a Cause: 6:00pm-9:00pm. Frisco Fine Art is excited to host a pre-party kickoff to gather the “Fashion Stars for a Cause,” ambassadors for The Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas. In cooperation with founder Yvonne Crum, hosts “Mrs. Frisco” Dawn Belcher Neufeld (Fashion Star 2015), Jayne Herring(Fashion Star 2018) and Pennie Booker Marshall (Fashion Star 2018), join us as we support with Raffle Tickets available along with Sponsor Tables and Seats to attend this ravishing event to support those in need. Sips and light bites.
Thursday, February 1
Kids & Family
Harry Potter Book Night: On February 1, from 6:30pm-7:30pm on the Children’s floor of the Frisco Public Libary, experience the magic of Harry Potter with games, activities, and crafts at the fourth annual Harry Potter party. This event is a come-and-go event for all ages. Activities will include a Fantastic Beasts scavenger hunt, lightning bolt face painting, Ilvermorny House sorting quiz, a photo booth, and more!
Frisco ISD School Finance Night: Tax season is upon us and the District wants YOU to take a look beyond your tax bill and understand what that number really means to Frisco ISD. Join CFO Kimberly Pickens in a discussion about where your tax money goes. You may be surprised. You are encouraged to attend the event for your high school feeder pattern but may attend any of the others scheduled across the District. The presentation will be identical at each event. All Parents, Staff and Community Members Welcome. February 1, 2018, 7:00 – 8:00pm, Lebanon Trail High School, 5151 Ohio Drive.
Love it Out GNO, Hosted by HeartStories: 6:30pm-9:30pm at Crest INFINITY, 6100 State Hwy 121. This GNO is like a mini-retreat for busy girlfriends to take a little break, reconnect, and be encouraged and inspired. With all the focus on loving others in the month of February, this is a night to refill your own love tank. You’ll discover how embracing all the things that make you unique, is your love superpower. You’ll leave feeling refreshed, encouraged and full of love on the inside that will spill out to all the people you’re celebrating in this special month of love.
Friday, February 2
RED 2018: On February 2nd, 7:00pm-9:00pm at theGallery8680. RED is historically one of their biggest shows, with a huge variety of art by 40 regional artists with works predominately painted in red. The exhibit opens on February 2nd with an Artist’s reception, and the works will be on display through February 16th.
Astraios presents the ZMack Duo: 7:30pm at Expedition Frisco, this free event will feature International marimba soloist Dr. Brian Zator and Dr. Jessica McCormack, soprano, and Assistant Professor of Voice at Indiana University-South Bend.
Vino Meets Van Gogh: At Frisco Fine Art Gallery, from 6:30pm–8:30pm, this is an adults only, over 21, BYOB art class for date night, girls night out, or any occasion you want to celebrate on a Friday. Enjoy painting with a professional artist for only $25!
Shopping & Dining
Reverse Happy Hour at @Nerdvana Food+Spirits: Get your nerd on, play some video games and enjoy half off all pints of beer, single liquor cocktails, and wine by the glass! Friday and Saturdays from 10:00pm to 12:00am.
Kids & Family
Super Fun Friday Nights at the FAC: The Frisco Athletic Center offers Friday night fun for kids ages 7-12 years old. $15 per person, 6pm-8pm. Air hockey, billiards, and foosball, then swimming in the Indoor Aquatic Center with water slides, lazy river, crafts and other activities. Register online, or call for more information.
Sports & Entertainment
Texas Legends: The Texas Legends take on the Windy City Bulls at Dr Pepper Arena at 7:00pm.
Saturday, February 3
Kids & Family
22nd Annual Daddy Daughter Dance: On Saturday, February 3rd, the theme of this beloved annual tradition is “Be Our Guest” and will take place at Frisco Conference Center. $20 per person for Frisco residents; $25 per person for nonresidents. Both dads and daughters must have tickets. Please note that dances are grouped by age – see website for specific dance times. If you have children in two different age groups you are welcome to bring them together to the dance time you wish. Age groups are suggestions, not restrictions.
Sports & Entertainment
Texas Legends: The Texas Legends take on the Austin Spurs at Dr Pepper Arena at 7:00pm.
A Night of Improv: The Frisco Improv Players will be on stage from 8:00pm-9:30pm at The Frisco Discovery Center. Frisco Improv Players (FIP) is an improvisational comedy troupe based in Frisco, Texas. Founded in May 2012, FIP specializes in clean, interactive, game-based comedic performances, similar to those seen on the syndicated television show “Whose Line is it Anyway?”
Sunday, February 4
WHERE TO WATCH THE SUPER BOWL IN FRISCO
“The Big Game, Bigger.” at City Works Restaurant: On Super Bowl Sunday, watch the biggest football game of the year with one of the best sports bar atmospheres in Frisco. TV Wall. 90+ Beers. Full Menu. Giant Pretzel. More Seats. No Mess. Reserve your table now.
Industrial Cigar Co. Super Bowl Party: Visit Industrial Cigars on Super Bowl Sunday 2018 for their first-ever block party. The day will be split events – the first half is open to the public, followed by a ticketed Super Bowl party.
- Tailgate Party: 12:00pm-4:00pm, free admission. Yard games, paper football tournament, BBQ Cookout.
- Super Bowl Event: 4:00pm-11:00pm, $40 ticketed event, limited seating, 2 Cigar Game Pack Included, Gameday Specials, Catered food & drinks
Super Bowl Watch Party at The Reservoir Frisco: Check out the newest live music venue in Frisco during their Grand Opening weekend! Watch the game on one of their 33 huge TV screens and enjoy food and drink specials all day long!
Jungle Joe’s Super Bowl Watch Party: Hang out at Jungle Joe’s to watch the big game! They’ll be open late with the game showing on the big screen while your kiddos play. Enjoy yummy game food all evening! There is no additional cost for this event. Simply pay standard admission for each child.
What MOVES You?
3133 Nighthawk Lane, Little Elm TX 75068
Wonderful home with backyard paradise in Frisco ISD! Huge backyard boasts pool with water feature, extended patio with several sitting areas PLUS side yard play area! Open floor-plan includes elegant stacked formals, study-flex room with adjacent powder bath, details like hardwood floors, arched entries, vaulted ceilings. Kitchen offers… (find out more!)
6105 Norwood Drive, Frisco TX 75034
Exclusive, gated Wyndsor Pointe Booth Brothers Homes newly constructed home is dazzling with a custom style that’s classic with a contemporary twist. Wonderful open floorplan, quartz countertops, wood floors, coffered ceilings, tankless water heaters, insulated windows, doors, & fully encapsulated to reduce humidity. Dream kitchen with… (find out more!)
3664 Greenbrier Drive, Frisco TX 75033
Rare find in prestigious, gated Newman Village! Beautiful 1-story home with large backyard boasts vaulted ceilings, handsome study, gorgeous wood floors, elegant lighting throughout. Eat-in kitchen with large island-breakfast bar, an abundance of cabinetry, stainless appliances opens to spacious family room. Fabulous dining room has… (find out more!)
5783 Summer Star Lane, Frisco TX 75034
Exquisite custom Energy Star Certified Shaddock home features the ultimate in craftsmanship, wonderful open floor-plan, breathtaking curb appeal, 3-car garage, hardwoods, soaring ceilings, high-end finishes throughout. Dramatic 2-story entry with graceful curved staircase, flanked by formals. Enormous kitchen with… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
- SkinBasix: Happy New Year from SkinBasix! And new services are now being offered: Back Facial for $80, and is your skin looking less radiant? Try the Rejuvenated Glow Facial – $85
- ReNue Pharmacy: 10% off dietary supplements.
- Decluttered Spaces: “Purposeful Plan” – 2-hour consultation $50 / “Creating Calm” – 1-hour consultation and 2 hours organizing $120 / “Full Harmony” 2-hour consultation and 4 hours of organizing $230
- UP Inspired Kitchen: Try Our Barista’s Choice: GOLDEN MILK LATTE! Our Golden Milk Latte has coconut milk, turmeric, cayenne, cinnamon, and honey! Asian cultures have used turmeric for ages… The curcumin in turmeric has been shown to reduce blood pressure, perform better than Prozac at treating depression, and protect the body from various toxins. It’s also an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Ummm… we knew we loved coffee, but this may be more than love!
- Vitality Bowls: Start 2018 fresh! Try our delicious new smoothie menu today featuring superfoods like spirulina, hemp seeds, maca, dates, matcha, chia seeds, as well as fresh juiced orange, apple and more. Our new additions include Go Green, Matcha Madness, Pitaya Punch, Maca Me, and Immunity Smoothie!
- Jungle Joe’s: PARENTS NIGHT OUT: Time for a well-deserved night out! On February 9th and 10th, you can bring your kiddos for free play, craft time, a movie and a yummy meal while you get away! Add a kid’s meal and a drink from our Joe’s Cafe for $4.99! Drop-offs begin at 4:00 PM but you can drop off anytime after 4:00. It’s your night! You decide when you want the kiddos to join us for the FUN! Kiddos must be potty-trained. Details here.
- Homewatch Caregivers: Do you have a loved one that needs care? Call today to schedule your complimentary in-home evaluation to determine the unique needs of each of your loved ones.
- Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care: If your hair could use a little anti-aging help, get a FREE personalized consult, 15% discount on products and free shipping from Lisa Stubbs with Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care.
- Two Men and a Truck offers lower rates Monday – Wednesday.
- FriscoRX Pharmacy: Get your seasonal flu shot. Usually $0 with insurance and only $28.99 cash price at FriscoRX. Should you need it, they have Tamiflu in stock! Also offering 50% off all vitamins for the month of January.
GET READY FOR:
- Trick-A-Trout: On Saturday, February 10th, starting at 8am, the Trick-A-Trout Kid Fish is a great opportunity for first-time anglers to try the sport of fishing. Because only kids up through age 16 will be allowed to fish for the first three hours, they will have a chance to hone their fishing skills. The average size of the fish will be eight to ten inches and the daily bag limit is five per child. 3,000 Rainbow Trout are released in the Frisco Commons pond, located north of the main pavilion. 8000 McKinney Road. Please bring your own fishing gear and bait. Bring your own drinks and snacks. Everyone is encouraged to keep what they catch since trout cannot survive when water temperatures rise in the spring. This event is rain or shine.
- In Your Heart Party: On Tuesday, February 13, at Frisco Fine Art 6:30pm-8:30pm benefitting the American Heart Association, featuring Frisco Lakes resident, Artist, and host Ty Fawley. Please contact Frisco Fine Art for more details.
- A Thousand Roses, A Valentine’s Concert to Remember!: On February 14, from 7:00pm-9:00pm, join Frisco Life Magazine and the Frisco Arts Association for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day celebration surrounded by the romance and drama of world-class music and art! A Thousand Roses is the first Red Carpet Concert Series event at the Lincoln Experience Center at the Star and Lifestyle Frisco is an Official Media Sponsor. This intimate, private concert is hosted by Mayor Jeff and Dana Cheney and features violinist Gary Levinson, Senior Principal Associate Concertmaster of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, performing on a one-of-a-kind $100K+ Stradivarius! Seating is limited, so get your tickets today before they’re gone! Cocktail attire; adults only please.
- Chunk Your Junk: 8:00am-12:00pm on February 17. Brought to you by the City of Frisco, residents with a utility billing account can donate, recycle or throw away common household items. Driver’s license and city water bill with matching address are REQUIRED to drop off all items. 6616 Walnut Street.
- Frisco College Baseball Classic: March 2-4, the Frisco Classic is a premier early season collegiate baseball tournament and prides itself on bringing in the nation’s top teams to compete head to head in order to provide unparalleled competition for both the fans and the athletes. The 2018 lineup includes Texas A&M, Baylor, Cal-Berkeley and Louisiana Tech. Ticket information is available here.
- Gala 2018 – ONE: Frisco Family Services is pleased to announce its 24th annual Gala ONE representing ONE community, coming together for ONE purpose, having ONE big impact. Gala 2018 – ONE will be held on Saturday, March 3, 2018, at the elegant Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park hotel, at 6 p.m., coming together as ONE and help prevent hunger and homelessness in our community.
- Conference USA Basketball Championships: March 7-10, the 2018 Conference USA Men’s & Women’s Basketball Championships are coming to the Ford Center at the Star. All session tickets are on sale now!
- 9th Annual Arts in the Square: On Saturday, March 24 – Sunday, March 25, from 11am to 6pm, AITS is a Juried Fine Arts and Crafts festival featuring over 120 of the best local and regional artists selling their handmade creations. In addition to providing the community with a high-quality cultural event and Frisco ISD student performances, the festival proceeds assist local charity partners by hosting an Empty Bowls booth benefiting Frisco Family Services.
- 7th Annual Frisco StrEATS Food Truck & Music Festival: On Saturday, April 14th, from 12pm to 7pm, StrEATS, gourmet food truck and music festival, is the longest running food truck event in North Texas!! Frisco StrEATS is a free, family-friendly event featuring some of DFW’s most popular gourmet food trucks, quality live music and a large number of vendor booths. The spring event has drawn larger and larger crowds throughout the years, as area families and food truck groupies have gathered to enjoy great food, trendy melodies and a beer garden offering beer and wine for purchase.