I see RED I see RED I see RED
In a call for artists to submit work, the Gallery8680 will be hosting a curated art exhibition titled “RED 2017” debuting on Friday, February 10. With red being the “color of Frisco,” this show will surely deliver artists’ original and amazing interpretations of RED and is open for all mediums.
Gallery8680 is on a mission to create a space for emerging artists of a visionary nature in Frisco. Whether self-taught or raised within the disciplines of art, the gallery believes that the essence of true artistic expression comes from an earnest desire to say something.
The gallery always has a wonderful public response to each of their shows, so if you’re an artist, you don’t want to miss this opportunity to display your talent. However, all exhibits will be curated and not all work submitted will be exhibited.
How to Submit work for “RED 2017” exhibition
- Email 1 to a maximum of 10 images in 300dpi digital format while keeping all files properly named, well-organized, and manageable.
- List the size, media, and description of works.
- An artist statement is required with the submission and all submissions should be in .jpg files. (The gallery will not accept cloud, web pages, or drop box submissions.
- Fees with submissions are $15 for 1 to 3 images and an additional $5 for each additional image. You may pay your submission fee on the gallery’s website by clicking the “BUY NOW” link.
- To meet gallery requirements:
- All painting works must be ready-to-hang with secure wiring that does not stretch to eventually appearing above the work. The hanging apparatus attached must support the weight of the piece.
- 1”– 2” stretcher frames are acceptable, but the edges should be cleaned, painted, or finished in some manner.
- If the painting is not framed, saw hook hanging is not acceptable.
- ½” deep canvases will not be accepted unless framed.
- If one individual artwork includes multiple pieces, you must submit a diagram for hanging including your desired dimensions for spacing.
- Work not in compliance with the above requirements will not be hung.
The Gallery8680, located at 8680 Main Street Suite E1 in Frisco, will open its doors at 7pm on Friday, February 10th, for the opening of “RED 2017.”
Timeline of show:
- Submissions due on or before 5pm Friday, January 20
- Acceptance notification on Monday, January 23
- Delivery to the gallery on Monday, January 30, between 4pm and 6pm
- Artists and guests opening reception on Friday, February 10, from 7pm to 9pm
- Pick-up of works on Monday, February 27, between 4pm and 6pm
If you have any questions, please contact the Gallery8680 at email@example.com or call and leave a message at 214 -585-8175.