It all started as an after-school business for two high school boys. With a hand-drawn logo, an advertisement in a local paper, and an advertising fund stashed in a ceramic dish, the endeavor was never expected to be more than a local moving company.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK began with two guys and one truck in Lansing, Michigan in 1985. Mary Ellen Sheets started the company with her two sons so they could make some extra money after school moving people. The business was so successful, she began to rapidly expand. By 1989, she started franchising the company.
Now, more than 32 years later, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK has grown both domestically and internationally with more than 350 locations worldwide. In 2017, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK will operate in 42 states with additional growth expected in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK prides itself on being different than other moving companies because they never hire day laborers. All of their employees are background checked, trained, uniformed, and drug-screened. As a full-service moving company, they are a one-stop shop for all your moving needs.
Selling a variety of moving boxes, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK has skilled employees who can pack your entire home for a local move or long-distance and out of state. Their long-distance and out-of-state moving services are different than most other moving companies because they offer a direct service.
Meaning, once the truck is loaded, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK immediately begins the move to your next location. Your belongings are never unloaded until they get to their intended destination, and you will see the same employees the entire time. Also, they provide full insurance coverage on all moves.
Most moving companies only provide insurance coverage of up to 60 cents per pound, but TWO MEN AND A TRUCK goes much further than that in providing full insurance coverage that will replace, repair, or reimburse the customer for any damage that might happen to their belongings. Their goal is to exceed the customer’s expectations on their move, and they do what it takes to make that happen.
At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK, they’re always looking ahead for new ways to move people forward. With a new service called “Value Flex,” your belongings are loaded into a 16 ft. portable box which does not tilt the load and ensures all belongings stay intact. After being transported to your new city, your belongings will be driven to another TWO MEN AND A TRUCK franchise at your new destination where they will deliver and unload your belongings to your new home.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK has experienced 85 months of straight growth, all while maintaining a 96% referral rating, the completion of six million moves and counting, along with the annual donation of more than $3 million in moving services. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK is poised for long-term record success! With 6 locations in the DFW Metroplex to serve customers, wherever you are in this area, you’re close to a TWO MEN AND A TRUCK location that can help you with your move.
Marketing Manager, Carolyn Chynoweth says,
We’re seeing a lot of people moving into the beautiful new luxury apartments and townhomes that are going up in the area, and we’re happy to provide our customers with a certificate of insurance for complexes that require that on their moves. We’re also seeing a lot of people moving to this area from out of state. We’re always here as a resource for people who have any questions about any type of moving situation.”
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK has carefully compiled the following tips from their top movers across the country. If you’re preparing to move, we hope that these bits of wisdom will come in handy!
Make Your Move Easier with a Moving Checklist
- One month prior to your move:
- As soon as you know you’re moving, reserve your moving company.
- Purchase all proper moving boxes and packing supplies to ensure your belongings are safe on moving day. Visit your local TWO MEN AND A TRUCK to purchase moving boxes and supplies.
- Start cleaning out areas you don’t frequently use, such as the attic or garage and continue packing areas of the home, one by one, to get a little packing done each day.
- Donate any unwanted items to a local charity or thrift store.
- One to two weeks before the move:
- Gather essential move day items you’ll need, such as cleaning supplies and snacks.
- Schedule disconnect times for gas, electric, water, and phone lines; arrange for funds that are due and schedule connections for the new home.
- The week before the move:
- Mail in the change of address forms.
- Do any final cleaning in the home you’re moving from.
- Create a plan for your pets and kids to keep them safe and occupied while the movers are in and out of the home.
- The day before the move:
- Say goodbye to your neighbors and look ahead to your exciting future in your new home!
Moving Tips From Experts
We’ve spent more than thirty years collecting tips for moving that will help you save money and get into your new home with less stress. As the largest franchised moving company in the United States, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK is lucky to have experts spread all across the country. And who better to ask for moving tips than the men and women who help move customers forward every single day? So, follow these tips to be sure you’re making the right decision when hiring professional movers:
- Is the moving company licensed? Most moving companies will indicate on their websites if they are licensed, making them more reputable than ones who are not.
- See if they provide free estimates. Even better, check whether they will send a professional over to your home to do a complimentary in-home estimate. This will give you a more accurate estimate for your move.
- What is their cancellation policy? Have the moving company go over their cancellation policy with you to ensure this is something you’re familiar with, should anything happen.
- Are they staffed with full-time employees? Look into whether the moving company employs full-time or part-time permanent employees, rather than temporary labor.
- What is their pricing model? Check into how the moving company charges. Is it hourly or by the pound? Also, is there a minimum charge for the move?
- Are there additional premiums? Ask about any additional charges the moving company uses. Are there additional fees for flights of stairs, travel time from each location, and for evenings and weekends?
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK are your local “Movers Who Care” – we move people forward, no matter where they are going. Local, long distance, out of state – houses, apartments, businesses – and everything in between.
Your Frisco-focused TWO MEN AND A TRUCK:
113 Industrial Blvd Suite B2
McKinney, TX 75069