Last evening, I had the opportunity to attend “IBB Loves Local” interior design and accessories shopping event at IBB Design & Fine Furnishings. If you haven’t been inside this 40,000 square foot showroom of fine furnishings and accessories hand-selected by their design staff, you have no idea what you’re missing.
Located in Frisco on the Dallas North Tollway’s northbound frontage road between Stonebrook Parkway and Main Street, IBB Design is a full-service interior design company providing in-home design consultations, collaboration with your architect and builders, space planning for furnishings, and special order furnishings with custom fabrics, trims, and finishes.
Known for their beautiful use of color and design that makes a home comfortable & inviting, IBB Design has been creating residential & commercial masterpieces for over 30 years, and the firm has a client list that spans the United States. Founded by interior designer, Beth Rafferty, this award-winning all inclusive design firm is always in high demand. They are proud to be a family-owned company and just celebrated their 9th anniversary in their Frisco store.
Beth’s daughter, Shay Geyer, was just a toddler when IBB Design was founded, so she was exposed to the world of design at a very early age. Shay’s work has been published in several magazines including her monthly editorial features in ON Magazine & GrandLuxe Magazine.
She has a flair for infusing color, texture & patterns into a room to give it a distinct look but insists that her design style is “whatever the client’s taste & lifestyle dictates.” Shay’s unique style and ability to forecast design trends landed her the position of design expert for WFAA Channel 8’s “Good Morning Texas” where Shay has been a part of the show since 2006.
IBB Design Fine Furnishings attends and buys from markets all over the world enabling them to offer the hottest trends in design. IBB’s competitive advantage is that their facilities include an on-site showroom and design resource center giving their designers the tools to fulfill even the most discerning client’s desires. Whatever your style – traditional, contemporary, classic or transitional, the designers at IBB can make your design dreams a reality.
IBB Design will also complete your rooms’ looks with custom bedding, draperies, plantation shutters, blinds, woven woods, motorized shades, and accessories for all surfaces. Your entire design experience is directed by your choice of 24 knowledgable designers on staff topped off with white-glove project installation and delivery services.
We all know it’s inspiring to look at the immaculately designed homes on HGTV. How about bringing some of that inspiration to your space? Here’s some quick DOs and DON’TS from IBB Designer, Shannon Gidney:
- For more versatility over time, opt for neutral colors for your main pieces of upholstery. Trends can be used in accessories like pillows tabletop decor, and rugs. Don’t be afraid of color or pattern when it comes to accessories, as those can be changed out as trends come and go.
- Buy the best you can afford. Quality furnishing are built to last. Cheaper products will have to be replaced more often ending up costing you more over time.
- Go for it! If you find a treasure that you feel you just can’t live without, buy it. Your home should be a reflection of you. Let your designer find the perfect spot for it. There are many fun and out-of-the-box ways to display art and accessories.
- Look to your wardrobe when searching for your “core” colors or a new color scheme to design around. You typically dress in the colors that make you feel good.
- Add mirrors to a space to make it appear larger. Mirrors also allow light to bounce around a room and can help brighten a darker space.
- Less is more. Don’t overdo a room. Carefully select and edit your accessories so that the room doesn’t feel cluttered.
- Don’t forget the draperies. “Dressing” your windows, they soften and finish off a room.
- Don’t be afraid to add modern art into a more traditional space to give it a fresh new look.
- Don’t skimp on your light fixtures and lamps. Think of them as the jewelry of the home.
- Don’t get overwhelmed trying to match everything. Most importantly, don’t buy a set of anything. Matchy-matchy is boring and predictable.
A successfully designed home is one that feels well thought-out and put together. Let the amazing team at IBB Design & Fine Furnishings help you make living in style easy as 1-2-3 because comfort and style are luxuries everyone should afford.
Monday – Wednesday 10AM-5PM
Address: 5798 Genesis Ct, Frisco, TX 75034