It’s been almost a year and a half since I stepped into the lead role here at the “blog” Scott and I started in June 2013. What a journey it’s been to become Frisco’s premier hyper-local, digital-only, multi-media company we are today.
We’re grateful to all of you for tuning in and making this possible. We recognize there are hundreds of things vying for your attention when you’re online, and no matter how much we grow, we continue to feel honored when you choose to spend time with us.
I want to take this opportunity to thank our team, our partners, and our clients for all their efforts throughout the year. The success of Lifestyle Frisco is a testament to the hard work each of you have put in and your faith in our mission.
Thank you ALL for the dedication, loyalty, commitment, and enthusiasm that each one of you has shown us.
Words From Our Editor-In-Chief, Nicole Barron
2018? It was a very good year, and here’s how we did it…
19 dedicated writers. NONE of whom are full-time employees of Lifestyle Frisco. They’re simply fellow members of your community who are excited about what’s happening here. They enjoy having a platform from which they can express themselves and grow in their talents as writers and storytellers.
4 leadership team members. We’re a good team. We collaborate well, respect each other’s perspectives, and we support each other’s priorities outside of this great company. We’ll work at 6am or 10pm, depending on what the day requires, and in between, you’ll find us simply out and about enjoying life in Frisco with our families.
89 business clients and non-profit partners. They have faith in us to deliver dynamic content that shares their story with the people of Frisco and around the world. We have an impressive portfolio of businesses that have become friends, not just clients, and they support us as much as we support them.
Last year, I shared with you how much your support of our content means to me. We continue to feel honored each time you choose to spend time with us. The likes, shares, and comments are very much appreciated.
In 2019, you can look forward to more high-quality, digital content from Lifestyle Frisco. We’re not a magazine. We’ll never add to the pile of papers on your desk. We’ll be there 24 hours a day, at the touch of a finger, with engaging videos, articles, podcasts, and events to help you bond with your community.
Here’s to you, Frisco! Happy New Year! ~~ Nicole
Our Top 10 Accomplishments of 2018
9. Reached our 269th post of “This Week In Frisco” – Our weekly update of what to do around town.
8. Launched the third iteration of our website with quicker navigation and a whole new look and feel.
7. Launched more “behind-the-scenes” coverage with Facebook LIVE videos.
6. Strengthened and expanded relationships with our partners – HeartStories, National Breast Cancer Foundation, Frisco Arts, Santa Pub Crawl, The Miracle League: North Texas Turkey Trot, and the Junior League of Collin County.
5. First to reveal all the details about the PGA relocation to Frisco with an exclusive Mayor Jeff Cheney interview.
3. In partnership with Mayor Jeff Cheney’s office, launched GIVE FOR FRISCO – highlighting, supporting, and promoting our Frisco non-profits to expand and strengthen each of these organizations with increased volunteers and donor dollars.
2. Became a Frisco Chamber of Commerce “35th Annual Number ONES” – Small Business of the Year Award Finalist.
And MOST of all…
1. Put together a professional, dedicated and enthusiastic team who are always looking to inform, entertain, and educate you, our audience. Some of our team are stay-at-home moms; some of our team are Emmy Award-winning CNN veterans. No matter their backgrounds, and regardless their tenure with Lifestyle Frisco, they all know, love, and embody our WHY…
…and I’m HONORED to work with them telling the stories that connect the “facts of” Frisco to the “feelings for” Frisco.
Delivering on our mission to be the brand that defines life in Frisco, not as we see it…
but as YOU do.
Get Ready for MORE From Us in 2019!
Based on last year’s success, we’re accelerating the pace of change as we become a company focused on connecting our audience to local businesses, creating value in those relationships, and leading the hyper-local media landscape.
We’re building a bigger network, adding new audio podcasts and video series, and our own live events. All of which will mean YOU will have access more often to What to DO, Where to GO, and Who to KNOW in Frisco, Texas.
There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” ~ C. S. Lewis
These are exciting days, and we’re honored to have you with us as we continue our journey forward… Here’s wishing you all the best for 2019!” ~~ Wendi