Looking for somewhere new to take the kids, but where you can also relax, feed the family, and even get some work done? Does that exist all in one place?
YES! Situated on the corner of Rolater and Hillcrest, Jungle Joe’s is a welcome addition to East Frisco and a great new indoor play place for kids aged 0 -12years.
Recently, I sat down with owner Angela Holt to discuss this awesome new facility. After 16 years in California, she and her family returned home to Texas and set about following a dream to open a business. She and her husband spent time looking all over the North Texas area for an ideal location to set up what they describe as “an imaginative playtime paradise.”
They found the ideal space, some locals will remember it originally housed an Asian Restaurant, and quickly signed the lease. Their 8-year-old son contributed lots of kid-centric ideas based on play places he had visited and what sparked his interest for fun, active play.
It’s been a whirlwind first few months since opening in the early summer,” Angela explains. “Since that time, I’ve really enjoyed meeting with many families and taking in lots of feedback on how our business can meet the needs of parents and children in our growing Frisco community.”
Jungle Joe’s welcome kids from 0 – 12 years. There’s a large padded jungle structure with no end to the climbing, jumping, swinging, and sliding fun. Basketball hoops, iPads, and a special Toddler area for ages 2 and under.
They also have a full-service café where you can enjoy fresh, healthy, made-to-order food throughout the day. Plus, with plenty of comfy furniture and café tables to take advantage of, you’ll enjoy the free Wi-Fi where you can relax, read, surf, get some work done, or just enjoy a chat and coffee with other friends and family while the kiddos play.
Unlike other large children’s play facilities, Jungle Joe’s is a smaller space where you can see your child play from almost any angle in the facility, but also with the added assurance of CCTV cameras that offer a full view of the entire play structure while your kids run and hide. In addition, the whole area is sanitized every night and the structure is also cleaned regularly during the day.
Jungle Joe’s has no end of ideas to suit varying interests and needs. Just take a look at the suite of camps, classes and themed events they have to offer:
- “Thursdays Kids Eat Free”: From 2pm to 7pm, take advantage of a free meal for kids while you get some quiet time, study, or work done Come in after school or work for dinner and your children receive a free meal with every adult meal that’s ordered.
- Field Trips: Schools, day care, or church groups… take a field trip to Jungle Joe’s.
- Fundraising Nights: Fundraising Nights at Jungle Joe’s where they donate 15% of their profits back to your school on a specific night of your choice.
- Private Play for Kids with Special Needs and Behavioral Challenges: Jungle Joe’s is now offering designated, private play times for families with children with special needs and behavioral challenges.They can have free play on the large, padded jungle gym structure with slide. Enjoy the chalkboard wall and coloring station, as well as lots of floor space and quiet rooms, if needed. Every Wednesday morning from 9:00am-10:00am.
- Sunday Funday Game Day: Want a place to watch some football while your kiddos have a fantastic time playing? Come in on Sunday, relax and watch the football games while you have some food or drinks from our Coconut Cafe. If you wear your favorite jersey, you get 50% off admission and 10% off on food and drinks.
- Parents Night Out Friday: Drop off from 4:00 – 10:00 P.M. Children can enjoy structured play with activities, arts and crafts as well as play time on the padded structure with obstacles and slide. A movie also runs from 6:00pm with lots of yummy popcorn. **During the Christmas school break drop off will be all day from 9:00 am – 10pm Dec 16th, 23rd and 30th **
Jungle Joe’s drop-off day camps have already been a great success during this past summer and over Thanksgiving break. They’ll be available again during these Christmas holidays. Your children can meet Santa’s elves, enjoy cookies and milk, and Santa will make surprise appearances throughout the day. Feel free to drop off your kids any time between 9am and 10pm.
Their in-house Coconut Cafe offers gluten-free and peanut-free items, as well as a coffee bar for parents and caregivers. Jungle Joe’s has close convenient parking and is fully ADA-compliant (Americans with Disability Act) from the entrance, to the bathrooms, and every piece of equipment in between.
With a variety of themed birthday parties for all ages and interests, Jungle Joe’s has private rooms to enjoy cake and gifts after lots of play with friends. I hosted my 4 year-old’s party here this year, and it has to have been the most stress-free party experience I have had. Angela and her staff looked after every detail from the minute we walked in the door, and all the kids had a blast.
So, why not set a play date in this great new space with your family over the coming weeks and enjoy a fun new experience for both you and the family!
Monday – Wednesday 10AM – 6PM
Thursday – Friday 10AM – 8PM
Saturday 10AM – 6PM
Sunday 12PM – 6PM
7447 Hillcrest Road, #104, Frisco, TX 75034