Leave a Reply
We’re almost through 1/12th of the year, Frisco, and there’s TONS going on already in 2017!
Featured This Week: Coffee Unplugged at Summer Moon Cafe
Downtown Frisco is making way for a unique coffee shop, Summer Moon Wood-Fired Coffee. Almost ready to open on Main Street, and a welcome sight to only further enhance the evolution taking place in the Historic district of Frisco. The Summer Moon story begins deep in the “hearth” of Texas with a one-of-a kind brick oven which uses Texas Oak to make their version of “unplugged coffee”… (read more!)
Thursday, January 19
“Ribbon Cutting @nerdvana.food+spirits” – Join us today for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony of @nerdvana.food+spirits, located at 5757 Main Street, next to @Nerdvana, suite 111, just East of World Cup Way). We will begin the ceremony as close to 1:00 PM as possible. See you there!
Saturday, January 21
“Frisco School of Music Band BlowOut” – Lights, Camera Action! Twice a year the Rock Band Students perform in our Performance Hall from 2pm to 4pm on a stage with professional equipment, lighting and sound. The free concerts feature a performances by each Band.
“The Little Mermaid & Snow White – Castle Builder” – Ariel’s back on land for one more morning share some underwater secrets of density, buoyancy and sandy science in the Sci-Tech Discovery Center. Then join Snow White in the afternoon for snowy chemistry experiments. No pre-registration is required. Saturday sessions are 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Sunday sessions are 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. General Admission: $8/person and $.6.50 for teachers/military/seniors. Sci-Tech members and all children 2 and under are free!
“Sisters in Crime North Dallas” – Starting at 2pm on the 4th floor in the MacCallum Room, Frisco Public Library, join this national community of mystery writers and readers to share advice, support, and network.
“National Videogame Museum Guided Tours” – Every Sunday, come explore the museum with guided tours at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Reservations are not required. This activity is included with the price of general admission.
“Space Explorer – Castle Builder” – Get on board with space science as the Sci-Tech Discovery Center’s visiting spaceman teaches you the tricks of the trade. Make rockets that fly away, crash craters and more. No pre-registration is required. Saturday sessions are 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Sunday sessions are 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. General Admission: $8/person and $.6.50 for teachers/military/seniors. Sci-Tech members and all children 2 and under are free!
Tuesday, January 24
“Chamber Candidate Forum for Frisco City Council Special Election” – From 6:30 – 8:30pm, there are 10 (TEN!!!) candidates filed to run in the special election that will be held on February 18, 2017. Come hear from the candidates and get educated on their positions on the issues facing our community. The special election will fill the Frisco City Council Place 1 seat, which is up for election again in May 2018. Bob Allen is vacating the seat to run for Frisco mayor.John Keating, Dan Stricklin, Hal Thomas, Damon Vinci, Brandon Burden, Stanley Wang, Stacy Plummer, Khurram Warach and John Redmond have all filed for Place 1. Grace Church, 8440 Grace Street (by City Hall).
“Largest Ribbon Cutting Event in Texas History” – Be part of history! From 9:30am to 10:30am, join the Frisco Chamber of Commerce and “Ripley’s Believe it or Not!” for the largest Ribbon Cutting Ceremony in Texas, and maybe in the world. The Heritage Association and Frisco Venues will officially celebrate their Chamber memberships at this Texas-sized event. Chamber staff and ambassadors will wrap a red ribbon around five historic structures at the Heritage Center beginning at the Depot, 6499 Page Street. The ribbon cutting will take place at approximately 9:30am, according the Chamber spokesperson.
What MOVES You?
Built by Toll Brothers, Inc., and ready now! Impressive two-story foyer with its curved stairs opens to a spacious dining and great room perfect for entertaining. This home features an expansive game room and… (find out more!)
Exquisite custom home with study plus gourmet kitchen, gas professional grade cooktop, stainless steel appliances, double ovens, and custom cabinetry. Plantation shutters on EVERY window! Master Suite down & private spa-like… (find out more!)
Spectacular one-story with great curb appeal on a cul-de-sac! Located in The Trails of West Frisco, within walking distance to elementary school, community park and pool. Family room has wall of windows and overlooks the backyard. Gas fireplace and kitchen with… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
PogoPass: Get a $124.95 PogoPass for ONLY $49.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this summer including the Frisco RoughRiders, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Fort Worth Zoo, Texas Discovery Gardens, and many, many more!
GET READY FOR:
- “Growing Up Smith” – On Thursday, February 2nd, 7pm, in the Frisco City Council Chambers, see this special screening of the new award-winning film “Growing Up Smith.” A heartwarming story of a young South Asian boy renamed “Smith”, an attempt by his parents to assimilate to a suburban Caucasian neighborhood in the 70’s. His journey reflects the convergence of 2 cultures and families who learn to accept one another, discovering more similarities than differences. Get a taste of the DFW South Asian Film Festival brought to you by Frisco Arts and Frisco Parks/Recreation as this special screening will also offer a Q&A with the lead actors immediately afterwards. Seating is limited, so reserve your seats today! Tickets are just $15 and includes the Q&A with the actors. Don’t miss this unique opportunity coming to Frisco!
- “MakerSpace First Friday” – On Friday, February 3rd, the MakerSpace, presented by Raytheon at Sci-Tech Discovery Center, gives tinkerers, inventors and budding hobbyists the chance to build almost anything they can imagine. Veterans and their families have exclusive access to the MakerSpace on the first Friday of each month as part of a program called First Fridays. The MakerSpace is equipped with a 3D-printer, robotics kits, a full-spectrum laser cutter and advanced woodworking tools – a proverbial “candy store” for the do-it-yourself crowd. Veterans and military participants in First Fridays must present their military I.D. for access to the MakerSpace. Children over 10 years old are also welcome.
- “21st Annual Daddy Daughter Dance – Follow the Yellow Brick Road” – On Saturday, February 4th, in the Frisco Conference Center. $20 per person for Frisco residents; $25 per person for nonresidents. Dads and daughters must both have tickets.
- Pre K-K: 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 1st – 2nd: 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- 3rd – 4th: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- 5th – 6th: 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m
Please note that dances are grouped by age. If you have children in two different age groups, you are welcome to bring them together to the dance time you wish. Age groups are suggestions, not restrictions. This event is for Dads and Daughters only. No Moms allowed inside the dance. Thanks in advance for your cooperation
- “Entrepreneur SUMMIT” – On March 29th and 30th, 2017, an event for entrepreneurs looking for their next level of success. Join us for a day of proven business growth strategies, innovative ideas, and leadership development from some of today’s top entrepreneurs like Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec. Network with top entrepreneurs and walk away with advice, solutions, fresh perspectives, and relationships that will take your business to the next level. Want to more details? Hear Erin Smith share the importance of this event for business owners (or wanna-be business owners!).Tickets Details:
$249 General Admission // $349 VIP Admission + Happy Hour – All Day Event on 3/30 (Lunch Included)
Details and Schedule of Event:
March 29th – Small Group Intensives (Additional purchase required) & VIP Happy Hour/Book Signing. March 30th – General Admission Ticket to All Day Event, Including Lunch.
- “8th Annual Arts in the Square” – On Saturday, April 1st, through Sunday, April 2nd, the outdoor arts festival and will feature over 120 of some of the best local and regional artists selling their handmade creations.