We’re full on in to February, Frisco, so let’s keep those #NewYearsResolutions going and get out of the house for events at the Public Library, supporting the Texas Legends, enjoying a night of improv, and taking in all the arts events… all this week in Frisco!
Featured This Week: “How to Master the Master Closet”
One of the most exciting rooms in the house to redesign is the master bedroom. It’s your retreat, your oasis, your sanctuary. But in all the enthusiasm, don’t forget about the closet! Often hidden from public view when you close the doors, I believe a beautiful closet is… (read more!)
Thursday, February 2
“Harry Potter Book Night” – From 6:30pm to 7:30pm, in the Frisco Public Library, 2nd floor, Children’s area, come and spend a magical night celebrating the boy who lived. Wear your Hogwarts best to enjoy games and activities. Free, no ticket required. Come-and-go activities.
“Growing Up Smith” – At 7pm in the Frisco City Council Chambers, see this special screening of the new award-winning film “Growing Up Smith.” A heartwarming story of a young South Asian boy renamed “Smith”, an attempt by his parents to assimilate to a suburban Caucasian neighborhood in the 70’s. His journey reflects the convergence of 2 cultures and families who learn to accept one another, discovering more similarities than differences. Get a taste of the DFW South Asian Film Festival brought to you by Frisco Arts and Frisco Parks/Recreation as this special screening will also offer a Q&A with the lead actors immediately afterwards. Tickets are just $15 and includes the Q&A with the actors. Don’t miss this unique opportunity coming to Frisco!
Friday, February 3
“Texas Legends vs. Oklahoma City Blue” – Tip off at 7:00pm in Dr. Pepper Arena. Get your Texas Legends tickets!
“Love is in The Air: An Aerial Arts Showcase” – Presenting the Altitude Aerial Arts & Fitness Student & Instructor Showcase! Enjoy performances on Aerial Silks, Aerial Hammock, Lyra hoop and introducing Pole Silks (one of a kind!). Our Kids Circus Academy participants will be showing off their Lyra and Silks skills as well. Purchase your tickets for your family and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Frisco Arts. This is an ALL AGES event for the whole family. There are only 150 seats available. Past shows have sold out, so buy your tickets early! Frisco Discovery Center, Black Box Theater, at 6:30-8:30pm. $30
“MakerSpace First Friday” – The MakerSpace, presented by Raytheon at Sci-Tech Discovery Center, gives tinkerers, inventors and budding hobbyists the chance to build almost anything they can imagine. Veterans and their families have exclusive access to the MakerSpace on the first Friday of each month as part of a program called “First Fridays.” THIS Friday, February 3rd, learn all about the Arduino micro-controller and how to use a laser cutter. Session 1: Arduino Microcontrollers Session 6 p.m.Cost: $8
Session 2: Laser Cutter 7 p.m.Cost: $8
The MakerSpace is equipped with a 3D-printer, robotics kits, a full-spectrum laser cutter and advanced woodworking tools – a proverbial “candy store” for the do-it-yourself crowd. Veterans and military participants in First Fridays must present their military I.D. for access to the MakerSpace. Children over 10 years old are also welcome.
Saturday, February 4
“21st Annual Daddy Daughter Dance – Follow the Yellow Brick Road” – In the Frisco Conference Center. $20 per person for Frisco residents; $25 per person for nonresidents. Dads and daughters must both have tickets.
- Pre K-K: 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 1st – 2nd: 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- 3rd – 4th: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- 5th – 6th: 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m
Please note that dances are grouped by age. If you have children in two different age groups, you are welcome to bring them together to the dance time you wish. Age groups are suggestions, not restrictions. This event is for Dads and Daughters only. No Moms allowed inside the dance. Thanks in advance for your cooperation
“Texas Legends vs. Sioux Falls Skyforce” – Tip off at 7:30pm in Dr. Pepper Arena. Get your Texas Legends tickets!
“Peter and the Wolf” – The Odysseus North Texas Chamber Orchestra presents a family affair with a performance of Peter and the Wolf, the world’s most beloved children’s piece. Written by Sergei Prokofiev, the Odysseus North Texas Chamber Orchestra will bring this wonderful work to children and adults alike. The performance will be accompanied by an interactive slideshow by local artist, Annie Royer, with Steve Powell as Narrator. Grace Church in Frisco, 8440 Grace Street. 3pm. Pre-concert children’s activities begin at 2pm. $5 – $18. The performance also includes music from Wicked and The Pink Panther, featuring the Frisco Youth Symphony. Enjoy free pre-concert activities for the kids at 2 PM that include Face Painting, Balloon twisting, an Instrument Petting Zoo, Kid Conductors, and Adventure through rhythms.
“A Night of Improv with the Frisco Improv Players” – Frisco Improv Players is an improvisational comedy troupe that specializes in game-based comedic performances, similar to those seen on the syndicated television show “Whose Line is it Anyway?” Their fast-paced, interactive improv is popular with all age groups. Frisco Discover Center, Black Box Theater, 8pm. $12
Sunday, February 5
“Giving Bach by Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra” – Starting at 2:30pm in the Black Box Theater, The GDYO (Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra) Flute Choir will present “Giving Bach,” a concert full of flute ensemble favorites. Under the direction of Priscilla Holt, the Flute Choir is an ensemble consisting of 14 members of the flute family: piccolo, C flute, alto flute and bass flute. This is a FREE concert!
Tuesday, February 7
“Texas Legends vs. Santa Cruz Warriors” – Tip off at 7:30pm in Dr. Pepper Arena. Get your Texas Legends tickets!
What MOVES You?
Elegant Mediterranean, 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom, dining, study, covered porch, patio and balcony, game and media room, 3-car garage in exclusive Newman Village. Exquisite backyard paradise with over $150k in pool-spa, outdoor kitchen and bar, pergola in English-Tuscan gardens, outdoor fireplace, plus… (find out more!)
CREEK LOT! Stunning Highland built home boasting luxurious designer finishes. Rich architecture and soaring ceilings complemented by wood floors in most areas, fresh paints, new carpets, sound wiring in common areas, ceiling beams, plantation shutters, and… (find out more!)
Gorgeous Cambridge home has great curb appeal! Family room has corner brick fireplace and gas logs. Kitchen with granite counters, 42 inch maple cabinets, breakfast bar, stainless steel appliances, 5 burner gas cooktop, convection oven, and pantry. The formal study has… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
PogoPass: Get a $124.95 PogoPass for ONLY $49.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this summer including the Frisco RoughRiders, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Fort Worth Zoo, Texas Discovery Gardens, and many, many more!
GET READY FOR:
- “2017 Indoor Track & Field Classic” – On Thursday, February 9th, through Saturday, February 11th. After a more than 30-year hiatus, a major indoor track and field event for collegiate and high school athletes is coming to North Texas. The event, scheduled for February 9-11, 2017, will be held in Frisco, Texas at the newly built Ford Center at the Star–the world headquarters and practice facility of the Dallas Cowboys. The event will feature 25 collegiate teams including schools already committed from Conference USA, the Big 12, Sunbelt Conference and more. Some 200 high schools will be represented as well. In all, 3,000 athletes will participate in what is considered to be the largest indoor track meet ever to take place in Texas.
- “KENNY’S BURGER JOINT TO FUEL THE TROOPS WITH GIRL SCOUT PROMOTION” – All February long! It’s Girl Scout Cookie season – and Kenny’s Burger Joints are celebrating in a big way! The iconic burger restaurants will offer two cookie themed shakes throughout the month of February. Guests can order either a Thin Mint shake or a Samoa shake – both available in ‘adult’ and non-alcoholic versions. Kenny’s Burger Joint, 1377 Legacy Dr. Frisco, TX 75034
“ART IN THE ATRIUM 14 – Call for Artists” – Deadline is February 20, 2017. The City of Frisco seeks current, 2-Dimensional works of art by artists from Frisco and the surrounding area for the 14th installment of Art in the Atrium. The exhibition showcases regional artistic endeavors and encourages public dialogue, understanding and enjoyment of visual art. The program’s goal is to reflect the artistic excellence in and around Frisco and to promote the City’s cultural and economic initiatives. Art in the Atrium 14 is scheduled for Monday, April 10, 2017 through Friday, September 8, 2017.
- “Entrepreneur SUMMIT” – On March 29th and 30th, 2017, an event for entrepreneurs looking for their next level of success. Join us for a day of proven business growth strategies, innovative ideas, and leadership development from some of today’s top entrepreneurs like Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec. Network with top entrepreneurs and walk away with advice, solutions, fresh perspectives, and relationships that will take your business to the next level. Want to more details? Hear Erin Smith share the importance of this event for business owners (or wanna-be business owners!).Tickets Details:
$249 General Admission // $349 VIP Admission + Happy Hour – All Day Event on 3/30 (Lunch Included)
Details and Schedule of Event:
March 29th – Small Group Intensives (Additional purchase required) & VIP Happy Hour/Book Signing. March 30th – General Admission Ticket to All Day Event, Including Lunch.
- “8th Annual Arts in the Square” – On Saturday, April 1st, through Sunday, April 2nd, the outdoor arts festival and will feature over 120 of some of the best local and regional artists selling their handmade creations.