Your personal trash experiences

rawhide

Diamond Member
Yes, I understand that you know how to ruin a thread.. thats been proven over and over. You have ran off dozens of cool people doing the same thing. You all dont realize that once again, I have the ability to really help some people out that have expressed a huge frustration (one with broken wrists) that have already tried to resolve the issue the proper way. .
Who has run off "dozens of cool people" and who are "those cool people"?

askipper

Silver Member
I'm kind of curious on this one as well.

(And if you don't mind, let's not put Snookie, who is just simple trash, in a comparison "representing" a state, to David Koresh, a lunatic responsible for 54 adults and 28 children found dead in his compound. It will always be "too soon" to mention that whack job lightly.)

bizguy

Diamond Member
I'm kind of curious on this one as well.

(And if you don't mind, let's not put Snookie, who is just simple trash, in a comparison "representing" a state, to David Koresh, a lunatic responsible for 54 adults and 28 children found dead in his compound. It will always be "too soon" to mention that whack job lightly.)
uh.... David Koresh was not responsible for that, your friendly federal government under Bill Clinton and Janet Reno caused that whole mess...

Real Estate Guy

Admin
Staff member
we are aware of the issues. We are in the process of switching to Progressive waste to handle Frisco's needs. CWD has stated they will do all their efforts to make a smooth transition. Staff is diligently working with them to handle these issues wile we are in the transition phase.

We certainly apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to the high level of service Progressive will bring Frisco, while also saving us millions of dollars, once they take over this summer.

TPW

Diamond Member
Our recycling was picked up on Tuesday a week and a day but they did pick it up. We will see what next week brings.

nicker

Diamond Member
TDC says we're saving 600k. But REG says we're saving "millions". So which is it?

Last week our entire alley was 4 days late getting recycling taken up. This week it was a day late. It's not at tragic levels, clearly, but I think it's good everyone is paying attention to this issue.

Of course there are posters moonlighting for Reputation.com that just hate this thread. ;)

Rebel

Diamond Member
TDC says we're saving 600k. But REG says we're saving "millions". So which is it?

Last week our entire alley was 4 days late getting recycling taken up. This week it was a day late. It's not at tragic levels, clearly, but I think it's good everyone is paying attention to this issue.

Of course there are posters moonlighting for Reputation.com that just hate this thread. ;)
600k per year will save millions over the life of the contract.

Kenda

Platinum Member
we are aware of the issues. We are in the process of switching to Progressive waste to handle Frisco's needs. CWD has stated they will do all their efforts to make a smooth transition. Staff is diligently working with them to handle these issues wile we are in the transition phase.

We certainly apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to the high level of service Progressive will bring Frisco, while also saving us millions of dollars, once they take over this summer.
Thank you. We have an overflowing recycle bin weekly and for the first time in 15 years, our recycle bin has been sitting full waiting for a pickup since last Tuesday.

nicker

Diamond Member
Thank you Rebel. I asked that question a couple days ago and never saw a response. Was the 600k based on one year or the length of the contract? I appreciate the answer. :)

Rebel

Diamond Member
Thank you Rebel. I asked that question a couple days ago and never saw a response. Was the 600k based on one year or the length of the contract? I appreciate the answer. :)

I believed it was based on the one year (hadn't had time to go back and confirm) which is why I didn't respond earlier, REGs response just did that though. :toast:

$600,000 the first year. Under the seven-year Progressive Waste Solutions contract (which also has an option to extend another three years) the savings to the city totals more than $3.3 million.

bsanders

CWD lost the contract, so they probably trimmed resources to squeeze out a little extra cash. They probably figure that recycling could wait a couple extra days since cardboard and paper doesnt rot. New company starts early June.

No, youre some kind of special for other reasons big guy. Other people are/were having really sh*tty service.. are you calling them all liars? Oh, I forgot to take into account that this world revolves around you and people can only worry about things if you will benefit from it.

coachrex75035

Platinum Member
No, youre some kind of special for other reasons big guy. Other people are/were having really sh*tty service.. are you calling them all liars? Oh, I forgot to take into account that this world revolves around you and people can only worry about things if you will benefit from it.

Well at least you're starting to catch on.......
It took you a little longer than most people would....but at least you're getting there....

ashwi

Diamond Member
Not to digress, I think my garbage man is passive aggressive. We put the cans out nice and neat out lined up perfectly in alley every Thursday. He always leaves the cans sloppy right behind where my car reverses and pulls into driveway every time.