Your personal trash experiences

Chris1771

Silver Member
Disagree 100%. I would absolutely blame the city. My service provider is the city and they are responsible to manage the subbies should they decide to outsource work. They are not providing the service the residents are paying them to complete on a weekly basis. They should have a robust transition plan and issues with CWD once they lost contract should have been discussed as part of the risk mitigation plan. If not we have some poor project managers within the city.

I think they made the right move to save money but they also need manage the transition effectively.

When we act as the prime contractor the customer looks to us to manage the subcontractors and the x is on our head to manage performance. I we fail to deliver service due to a subbie we get the blame from the customer not the subbie.
Not sure how anyone can't see this as CWD AND the city's fault. Chain of accountability. This is business 101.

debw712

Diamond Member
CWD is owned and operated by Greg Roemer, and subsequently his two adult children.

Here is the main number (972) 392-9300

groemer@communitywastedisposal.com

Have at it.

This is not the City's fault.

The city cannot pick up the missed trash, it is not licensed to do so, does not have the DOT requirements etc. The city can, and I am sure has, gotten into it with MR Roemer, but when a boss has an unruly employee, they fire them.

This has been done, just a stretch of time will occur between now and then.

Write to MR Roemer, call him and tell him there is a health issue mounting and if the stuff doesn't get on track, you will report his company to the EPA and the news.
Yesterday ours wasn't picked up, called in and was explained that they had a truck down, which can and will screw up hundreds of homes.

They sent a truck out after 7pm and took care of it all for us.

This is still a business, been around since 1984, so they have something to lose in reputation.

bizguy

Diamond Member
Not sure how anyone can't see this as CWD AND the city's fault. Chain of accountability. This is business 101.
agreed, but I have no leverage with CWD, only the city - hence that is who everyone needs to call if they feel their issue is untenable.... calling or complaining about CWD will be an exercise in futility. There are ways to solve the problem if the city so chooses. Primary among them is to hire someone else to collect what is missed and withholding equivalent funds from CWD.

debw712

Diamond Member
agreed, but I have no leverage with CWD, only the city - hence that is who everyone needs to call if they feel their issue is untenable.... calling or complaining about CWD will be an exercise in futility. There are ways to solve the problem if the city so chooses. Primary among them is to hire someone else to collect what is missed and withholding equivalent funds from CWD.
100% not the case.

Calling the city is futile as the city has lost its leverage with the company. Calling the company is the way to get them out to your house. The city CANNOT pick up your trash, the city also cannot spend hours on the phone calling the company.

Sometimes you do have to bypass the middle man.

In this case, with the nuances and laws of trash hauling/dumping the company still has something to lose if it falls short of taking care of an individual. This company is 30 years old and with a relatively decent reputation, they will come out to you

The city will just prolong the thing.

Rebel

Diamond Member
100% not the case.

Calling the city is futile as the city has lost its leverage with the company. Calling the company is the way to get them out to your house. The city CANNOT pick up your trash, the city also cannot spend hours on the phone calling the company.

Sometimes you do have to bypass the middle man.

In this case, with the nuances and laws of trash hauling/dumping the company still has something to lose if it falls short of taking care of an individual. This company is 30 years old and with a relatively decent reputation, they will come out to you

The city will just prolong the thing.
This isn't NY, please don't bring their way of doing things here.

Call the number listed in the announcement, it will get dealt with.

As I said in another thread I'll give CWD management the benefit of the doubt about staffing shortage, for now. I'm sure they've had people leave since the contract wasn't renewed. Doesn't take much to figure out that jobs are going away at CWD.

Also, notice that it seems to be the recycling missed, not trash (for the most part). I'd guess they are dedicating more resources to picking up the actual trash, rather than recycling, which can probably handle a few extra days before getting picked up.

debw712

Diamond Member
This isn't NY, please don't bring their way of doing things here.

Call the number listed in the announcement, it will get dealt with.

As I said in another thread I'll give CWD management the benefit of the doubt about staffing shortage, for now. I'm sure they've had people leave since the contract wasn't renewed. Doesn't take much to figure out that jobs are going away at CWD.

Also, notice that it seems to be the recycling missed, not trash (for the most part). I'd guess they are dedicating more resources to picking up the actual trash, rather than recycling, which can probably handle a few extra days before getting picked up.
1) LMAO

2) I can bring what I want when and where I choose- so thanks

3) YESTERDAY, right here from Frisco TX I called the company, not the town and within 2 hours a replacement truck was sent to pick up the missed stops.

Stop creating a bureaucratic bundleF and make a call to the person who can fix it.

BTW and just for the record, the city of NY has an internal sanitation dept, so your assessment is moot.

My only point there pantybuncher is that garbage companies, when they want something, get more attention when it is hot outside.

Not saying anything about calling a private company there or here, that is common sense not a civil war issue

RELAX

debw712

Diamond Member
Agree Wholehaeartedly. This isn't New York nor is it New Jersey. And I don't think the majority of people in this area want it to be either.
Aww the Southern Hospitality always warms my heart so much :)

Where....please show me....

did I say to do ANYTHING like they do in NY? Or did your hate filled glasses cover the part where I explained that reference was about the heat and the trash, and that NY has a government run sanitation dept so the whole comparison is obliterated

I said to not be a bureaucratic sheep and tax the city with something its hands are already tied to.

have a great day bless your heart

This problem has been picked up by the media and trash pickup is being prioritized over recyclables.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/collin/Recycling-carts-waiting-for-pickup-in-Frisco-258399011.html

Community Waste Disposal (CWD), the company Frisco contracts with, is experiencing staff shortages. That, in turn, is forcing them to prioritize trash pickup over recyclables.
Good thing I quit recycling awhile back -- got tired of chasing the blue cart down the alley, one cart is bad enough.

Last edited:

bard

Gold Member
I know this will make some tree huggers heads spin, but recycling bin overflow will fit in a regular trash can :thumbsup:

debw712

Diamond Member
Just got a call from "Kimmie" at CWD, a follow up to make sure I was happy with my pick up service and asked if there were any other issues for them to address.

All a result of calling the right place- the COMPANY

She also called from that 972-392-9300 number

they DO care

LindaLS

Silver Member
I don't know if I've ever seen so much whining on one thread.

I am biased though. Our only incident has been recycling pick up one day late. So far...

TPW

Diamond Member
Lighten up Deb it was a joke. Of course with the heavy tanning bed and spray tan usage in NJ I realize it is difficult to actually physically lighten up but you get my point.

debw712

Diamond Member
Lighten up Deb it was a joke. Of course with the heavy tanning bed and spray tan usage in NJ I realize it is difficult to actually physically lighten up but you get my point.
Mine was a joke back, Nascar and beer fog taken into consideration :)