Your personal trash experiences

Yes, there is a thread about this but it is filled with arguing and pointing fingers.

The SOLE PURPOSE of this thread is to gather the actual personal experiences with this recent trash problem.

These complaints will be looked at by someone that is ready, willing and able to do something about it.

Please- no attempts at trying to attack eachother or draw conclusions to who needs to do what.. this is just to gather personal experiences in detail.

-Thanks for understanding.

Mom+4

Silver Member
Yes, there is a thread about this but it is filled with arguing and pointing fingers.

The SOLE PURPOSE of this thread is to gather the actual personal experiences with this recent trash problem.

These complaints will be looked at by someone that is ready, willing and able to do something about it.

Please- no attempts at trying to attack eachother or draw conclusions to who needs to do what.. this is just to gather personal experiences in detail.

-Thanks for understanding.
You do realize this is not the City of Frisco message board...right. The COF has no obligation to look at the Frisco-Online, a privately-owned board for a handful of complaints.

Wouldn't the simplest solution be just to call the City of Frisco Environmental Services and ask that their situation be addressed. It is my understanding that they are doing the best they can to get the CWD crews back out to homes missed.

Even thought the site is owned by a council member--he can only do so much!

orchid

I will be bagging up all the recycle that doesn't fit in the bin and dumping it at city hall in the next couple of days. I've called several times and now 2 weeks without pickup. Lousy excuses time after time. Maybe if the stuff starts to pile up at city hall they'll do something about it.

I'm still having trouble getting worked up over trash. WPP.

Three choices:

1. Ignore it, so far they eventually come pick it up. (I have no problem being inconvenienced during this transition to a better trash pick up company. I put no blame on the city.). Life is short, this does not rank in the top 20 things that could aggravate me.

2. When this has happened to me, I've thrown two or three bags in my trunk and threw them away in the dumpster behind my office. (Yes, I have permission.)

3. Or call this Jeremy guy that was discussed in the other thread who is in Environmental Services, he has been very responsive at resolving peoples' individual trash pick up problems. Don't call CWD - a waste of time, they do not care.

No offense AllseeingEYE, I don't see what this thread accomplishes.

I was not trying to offend anyone with this. This thread is not for you to understand nor is there a need for an explanation- you will see the result. No need for your ideas or stories about what does or doesnt work you up. You can PM me if youre inclined to gripe, please do not congest this thread with anything other than personal accounts of this trash issue if it bothers you and you would appreciate the service to be as you pay for.

Thank you for understanding.

bizguy

Diamond Member
I was not trying to offend anyone with this. This thread is not for you to understand nor is there a need for an explanation- you will see the result. No need for your ideas or stories about what does or doesnt work you up. You can PM me if youre inclined to gripe, please do not congest this thread with anything other than personal accounts of this trash issue if it bothers you and you would appreciate the service to be as you pay for.

Thank you for understanding.
Not sure your plan is going to work.....
View attachment 20435

Trash day is Monday. Used to be recycling truck around 700, regular around 1600. Over the past month it has changed to regular still around 1600 or so, but recycling gets picked up on Tue at some point (varies). So it's getting picked up, just over 3 days now instead of 1.

Bunch of full grown men acting like 5 year olds. Yes, I understand that you know how to ruin a thread.. thats been proven over and over. You have ran off dozens of cool people doing the same thing. You all dont realize that once again, I have the ability to really help some people out that have expressed a huge frustration (one with broken wrists) that have already tried to resolve the issue the proper way. I have good relations with some local Media outlets and they are interested in getting personal feedback from some of the effected concerned residents. If you have any personal issues with me PM me and im sure we can find a way to resolve your frustrations.

Rebel

Diamond Member
good grief, whos acting like a 5 year old. If you want to help, drive over and pick up their excess, THAT is doing something.

Or Just call Jeremy. He's a good guy, and busting his :censored::censored::censored: to get things done, and fixed. Like TDC said, there are a million things more important than a few days delay in pick up.

Or you can call the media, and tie of staff resources dealing with them, rather than dealing with the problems at hand.

Mom+4

Silver Member
DH just informed me that our recycle bin as been skipped 2x. I don't deal with the trash..that's his job :)

So, a call to Jeremy is on HIS list for tomorrow.

TPW

Diamond Member
Bunch of full grown men acting like 5 year olds. Yes, I understand that you know how to ruin a thread.. thats been proven over and over. You have ran off dozens of cool people doing the same thing. You all dont realize that once again, I have the ability to really help some people out that have expressed a huge frustration (one with broken wrists) that have already tried to resolve the issue the proper way. I have good relations with some local Media outlets and they are interested in getting personal feedback from some of the effected concerned residents. If you have any personal issues with me PM me and im sure we can find a way to resolve your frustrations.
Maybe you need to start your own board.....and I mean message board not card board....

TPW

Diamond Member

Three choices:

1. Ignore it, so far they eventually come pick it up. (I have no problem being inconvenienced during this transition to a better trash pick up company. I put no blame on the city.). Life is short, this does not rank in the top 20 things that could aggravate me.

2. When this has happened to me, I've thrown two or three bags in my trunk and threw them away in the dumpster behind my office. (Yes, I have permission.)

3. Or call this Jeremy guy that was discussed in the other thread who is in Environmental Services, he has been very responsive at resolving peoples' individual trash pick up problems. Don't call CWD - a waste of time, they do not care.

I get what you are saying. With that said my area of Frisco is not scheduled to have the "switch" until 7/7 or so. I really don't want this to continue in this fashion for the next 2 months.

Trash has been fine the past several weeks, it has been the recycling that is the issue. However, I have remedied this myself by doing a few things.....

1) if I have a ton of large boxes or cardboard items and the recycle bin doesn't get picked up, I have been hauling them myself to the Frisco Recycling Center. It isn't hard to do. I load the car up, take my kid to school and stop by and throw them in the recycle bin there. NO BIG DEAL.

Ditto for newspaper or packing paper, different trash receptacle there, but I am more than capable to do this. (and since we recently moved, I have a ton of this on a weekly basis). That is what that facility is there for anyways.

2) I am not super concerned about the rest of my recycling sitting on the curb a few days. The neighbors are doing that too. I have so many more things on my plate than to care about a recycling bin. However, last week after day 4 of being out there, I simply left Jeremy a message with my name, address, etc., it was picked up the next day. No biggie.

3) This week it was picked up on Tues, our day is Monday. To me that is an improvement over last week, so someone is trying to help work things out!

4) The biggest thing I need to worry about is not hitting the can while backing out of the driveway (still getting used to this one, lol) :)

debw712

Diamond Member
In NY whenever the trash haulers strike it's always summer. Frozen trash is annoying, sweltering trash is a health concern.

Since there's little motivation for the company to actually do any better, a call to their corporate may help.

Is it a public company? If so that helps too.

They have to pick up the trash, they don't have to do it on time, neatly etc.

Letting it go a week can happen, letting it go longer or habitually is a health issue.

Tell them it's attracting bugs and you're contacting a lawyer and I've seen management come out in a pick up and take the trash.

Even though you are not the actual customer, there is a contract between your address and their routing, you can call the company directly.

coachrex75035

Platinum Member
You all dont realize that once again, I have the ability to really help some people out that have expressed a huge frustration (one with broken wrists) that have already tried to resolve the issue the proper way. I have good relations with some local Media outlets and they are interested in getting personal feedback from some of the effected concerned residents.

Translation:

Help me get on TV again so I can bash the City of Frisco while telling the world how wonderful I am.

Your narcissism is running rampant......and quite frankly....your self-serving hero antics have grown quite tired.

Three choices:

Disagree 100%. I would absolutely blame the city. My service provider is the city and they are responsible to manage the subbies should they decide to outsource work. They are not providing the service the residents are paying them to complete on a weekly basis. They should have a robust transition plan and issues with CWD once they lost contract should have been discussed as part of the risk mitigation plan. If not we have some poor project managers within the city.

I think they made the right move to save money but they also need manage the transition effectively.

When we act as the prime contractor the customer looks to us to manage the subcontractors and the x is on our head to manage performance. I we fail to deliver service due to a subbie we get the blame from the customer not the subbie.

Last edited: