Where is the lively conversation that FOL used to have?

zola

Platinum Member
I ask this every so often, but here I go again. Seems like FOL isn't the chatty place it used to be. Facebook is terribly hard to follow thoughtful conversations and the FOL page isn't really like a forum. So, where are the good Frisco conversations nowadays? Still here? TIA

GladysKravitz

Double Platinum
People will blame it on Facebook but that is just not true. There was some terribly bad behavior that was allowed without control. People were banned for not much, internet trolls were allowed to create profile after profile and harass people online and in private messages. There was a time when FriscoOnline was so busy that a post would roll off the front page within an hour, and now it takes a month or more. Blame the trolls and the mean folk and allowing them to run the site!

Green225

Platinum Member
People will blame it on Facebook but that is just not true. There was some terribly bad behavior that was allowed without control. People were banned for not much, internet trolls were allowed to create profile after profile and harass people online and in private messages. There was a time when FriscoOnline was so busy that a post would roll off the front page within an hour, and now it takes a month or more. Blame the trolls and the mean folk and allowing them to run the site!
Hi, Gladys! You are spot on as to what's happened to this forum. It probably won't be too long before the new owners pull the plug on it. Sad too because this used to be such a fun place to exchange ideas or get the latest scoop on what's going on in the area. Posting now is at one's own peril - too many trolls here who have taken the fun out of it.

Opus

Silver Member
I also think it is just the changing times. I'm on a couple of other forums and their participation is now like this board. These are clubs with hundreds of members but only a few ever post. They try to blame facebook but their facebook page has even a smaller amount of traffic. I think the younger generation is bombarded with so much information that they don't actually want to "discuss it", they just want to read about it. Who would have thought regular tv would ever be in trouble. I told my family I was thinking of dropping cable and said do it. They get all their entertainment from the web.

GladysKravitz

Double Platinum
Hi, Gladys! You are spot on as to what's happened to this forum. It probably won't be too long before the new owners pull the plug on it. Sad too because this used to be such a fun place to exchange ideas or get the latest scoop on what's going on in the area. Posting now is at one's own peril - too many trolls here who have taken the fun out of it.
Hello Green225! It has been a long time! I hope you are well.

I made so many friends on the old Frisco-Online. You included. I would have never met you on Facebook. I don't even live in Texas anymore, but I have had so many people come to visit me in New Mexico, so many of them from the old FOL days. We are vacationing in South America in January with dear friends we made years ago on FOL. You just don't find that with "friends of friends" on Facebook.

zola

Platinum Member
Exactly. I don't even check back on my old post for over a month. But, like Gladys and others have said, FOL was such a big part of my first Frisco experience. I've made so many wonderful friends and acquaintances.
I miss the old FOL so much. The conversations taught me soooo much about debate and civil discourse, how not to be offended by Burro-like snark. Thanks to all of those who helped to make it great.
I just feel like I can understand all sides of an issue better when it is discussed here. There are sooooo many posters whom I have never met, like Gladys and BeerGirl, who have been on FOL since the dawn of time. I may not have met them face to face, but I count them as friends anyway.

Or I run into someone and remind them, "I'm Zola from FOL."
God Bless Rebel for all his sane posts.
Bless Burro for his sheer dogged will.

SOOOOO many.

zola

Platinum Member
And I want to especially thank those posters, on both sides of the political spectrum, who are STILL posting sensible matter without spewing hate. TCM, MacFrisco I just recently saw. Thank you all who still post here and make it still exist. I'll try to do better about visiting b/c I never want FOL to leave.

zola

Platinum Member
Ok- I just read some of Yukon Jack's posts, and while I do not agree with him, he is at least putting his point of view into words. The 2 posts I read did not contain any profanity. FOL has always had a ton of conservative posters. I'm a liberal, but FOL has taught me that we (both parties) really DO use the exact same tactics when the other party is in power.

Sticky Davis

Double Platinum
Those were great times on FOL! New topics & replies flying around every few seconds. Now it’s only the Politics forum that is active. Gone are the Talk About Town general interest topics. And the happy hours.

(The new owners are wonderful people - I’ll vouch for them. Give them some time. I have hope for a resurrected FOL.)

I’m rising from the dead just to add my 2 cents. Now Lazarus is going back to the grave again....

.... who are STILL posting sensible matter without spewing hate...
There is nothing wrong with spewing hate. Hate enables us to see through lies and pretense, and helps us to concentrate on the essential.
I hate pedophiles, anti-family promoters, terrorist, communist, anti-white liberals and anyone who supports an open borders, nation-less, globalist one world order agenda. The greatest achievements of the human race have grown from hate and the ability to control it.
I truly believe hate will be the emotion that saves the West. Perverted "love" and "tolerance" is what got us into this mess to begin with.

You have no culture or identity. You are an anathema or should I say an enigma produced by an enema.
The most profoundly hateful adversaries are those who spread the lie that white people have no culture or identity.
That's what they teach whites in school - that we have no culture or identity - that we don't even exist - then they blame us for all the problem's in the world. It's the first step in genocide - teaching a child that race doesn't exist and you're just a skin color.

The idea the white race is just a skin color is an egregious lie. It's used to cover up the fact our people are being erased and replaced.

How clever and well organized the mass brainwashing campaign that brought us to this state of degradation was. But not clever enough.