What's new in Frisco?

So I rented out my house and moved to Dallas closer to work when my daughter moved out almost 2 years ago so I could help her financially while she was at Aveda. She graduated and got a job (yea), so I'm moving back to my house soon. What have I missed? I've heard traffic is getting worse. Anything else? Any GOOD new restaurants?

perseco

Double Platinum
So I rented out my house and moved to Dallas closer to work when my daughter moved out almost 2 years ago so I could help her financially while she was at Aveda. She graduated and got a job (yea), so I'm moving back to my house soon. What have I missed? I've heard traffic is getting worse. Anything else? Any GOOD new restaurants?
Good restaurants (at least food-wise) that have opened in the past few years:

Fede Trattoria
Barnlight Eatery
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House
NOLA Grill
Three Squares
TruFire Kitchen & Bar
Mash'd
Estilo Gaucho
Platia Greek Kouzina is still alive and kicking

La Hacienda has also updated their menu and the food quality has improved quite a bit.

And if you don't mind driving over to Allen, they recently opened a Bonefish Grill at Stacy/75.

Yes, traffic is worse! Preston is packed anytime of the day or night. Main Street between 423 and the tollway is awful. Hopefully it will get better when the Stonebrook expansion is done in September. Lots more homes being built. We have been here 10 years and the growth the last 5 has been explosive.

Uh oh. My house is near Main and Toll and I'm already near the world's worst Walmart. Employees always crying on the job, baskets blowing all over the parking lot, no hand-held baskets.....Can't stand that Walmart, but I'm looking forward to being near Market Street again....free wine and food samples.

I just heard Quaker Steak and Lube shut down... and I am NOT at all surprised..

JaLynnC

Bronze Member
Hutchins BBQ!!!!!!
Rockfish coming soon
Aw Shucks

While traffic has increased in Frisco, its not JUST Frisco. I drive through Plano and Carrollton to get to work and traffic in those areas have increased alot as well.

There is this thing called the $5B mile that people are talking about. It starts with a Domed Stadium, and the Cowboys HQ, and transitions into a bunch of jobs and winds up at the Wade Park where the Rustic and Torchy Taco's have just announced leases..

Oh, and Stonebrook at the RR tracks is opening 8/21/15, saving hundreds of Frisconians 15-30 minutes out of their day..

Homes are selling with standing room only, in 12 hours.. Had a listing this weekend that had 30 showings, and 12 offers..

Finally, we have a Line Burying campaign/war going on with the Public Utility Commission...

Crazy stuff.

Other than that.. getting ready for Friday night lights.

mikel

Platinum Member
There is this thing called the $5B mile that people are talking about. It starts with a Domed Stadium, and the Cowboys HQ, and transitions into a bunch of jobs and winds up at the Wade Park where the Rustic and Torchy Taco's have just announced leases..

Oh, and Stonebrook at the RR tracks is opening 8/21/15, saving hundreds of Frisconians 15-30 minutes out of their day..

Homes are selling with standing room only, in 12 hours.. Had a listing this weekend that had 30 showings, and 12 offers..

Finally, we have a Line Burying campaign/war going on with the Public Utility Commission...

Crazy stuff.

I have a rental that is opening up in a couple of weeks that I'm thinking of selling... with that environment, do you think a sell-by-owner would be a reasonable approach? How do you deal with competing offers/counter offers?

Forestoney

Platinum Member
I have a rental that is opening up in a couple of weeks that I'm thinking of selling... with that environment, do you think a sell-by-owner would be a reasonable approach? How do you deal with competing offers/counter offers?
From what I hear, you just accept the offer from the guy that's willing to pay 125% of list in cash...

I have some friends trying to buy a house, and they've lost out on 6. They're going to wait until the fall to try again.

From what I hear, you just accept the offer from the guy that's willing to pay 125% of list in cash...

I have some friends trying to buy a house, and they've lost out on 6. They're going to wait until the fall to try again.
Ours is going on the market this afternoon. 4 bed/2bath 2128 SQ ft one story on an oversized east facing corner lot in Grayhawk with BOB cedar fence with electric gate in the back across the driveway, cedar patio and cedar pergola. Brand new roof last week of July and brand new gutters and stain on fence last week. Listing for $273,500, if they are interested.

mikel

Platinum Member
A BCBS moving from Chicago agreed to sign a lease after a viewing within 3 hours of listing...
Rentals are hot also.. I had 4 people asking for viewing within 24 hrs.

Crazy stuff.

Yay! Stonebrook finally opening to the tollway should help traffic on Main (I hope). And a month earlier than scheduled.

Mateo

Yay! Stonebrook finally opening to the tollway should help traffic on Main (I hope). And a month earlier than scheduled.
A month earlier?

"The anticipated completion is Q2 ( Apr- June) 2015. - Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manager"

Happy to have it opening soon, but Spring rains or no, this is way over schedule.

Rebel

Diamond Member
A month earlier?

"The anticipated completion is Q2 ( Apr- June) 2015. - Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manager"

Happy to have it opening soon, but Spring rains or no, this is way over schedule.
Thank BNSF for that. Dealing with the railroad on the underpass caused the majority of the delays.