We are not being told enough

This whole Ebola situation has been angering. WHY the Dallas City Government didn't do more to put a mandatory quarantine on those exposed or possibly exposed, I don't know. WHY the hospital didn't put a mandatory quarantine on their workers that were exposed or possibly exposed, I don't know. BUT NOW -- one of those nurses decided to get on a commercial jet and fly? The hospital SHOULD be responsible for their employees! This hits close to home now because MY DAUGHTER got on that same jet yesterday evening to fly back home to Cleveland. NOW WHAT??

Tooleman

Diamond Member
Probably because they were not contagious.. What the difference between going on a flight or shopping at the grocery store..

If your not showing symptoms, your not contagious.. your not a problem..

This whole Ebola situation has been angering. WHY the Dallas City Government didn't do more to put a mandatory quarantine on those exposed or possibly exposed, I don't know. WHY the hospital didn't put a mandatory quarantine on their workers that were exposed or possibly exposed, I don't know. BUT NOW -- one of those nurses decided to get on a commercial jet and fly? The hospital SHOULD be responsible for their employees! This hits close to home now because MY DAUGHTER got on that same jet yesterday evening to fly back home to Cleveland. NOW WHAT??
Sorry, employer cant be responsible for you 24/7 especially since they did not know she was infected at that point.

Last edited:
The people to have contracted virus are those with direct contact with bodily fluids due to job in caring for Duncan.

The people he lived with for days have not contracted the virus.

It was dumb of the nurse to travel during incubation period but I don't think it is a reason to panic.

Opus

Silver Member
It is the gov't responsibility, not the hospital. I don't think the hospital has any legal way to actually enforce it. Best they could do would be to fire you or maybe seek damages thru the courts after the fact.

I am so sorry, you must be really worried. I know I would be. Duncan's family seems to be ok as far as we know so I think it's unlikely your daughter has been exposed to ebola. But I can only imagine how stressful this is and will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. The authorities who have had decades to plan for this are failing miserably and it's upsetting o watch.

So you want your employer to tell you what you can do when you are not at work?
Nope, I want the CDC to tell these people to do 24/7 until they are safely past the incubation period.

My own personal thoughts regarding the govt. telling me what to do go out the window when the issue is related to the efforts to avoid an epidemic/pandemic related to a deadly virus.

Since they didn't do that, everyone who was exposed, except for patient zero's family, was allowed to "self-monitor".

So far, two of them, who were self-monitoring and clearly going about their regular lives, interacting with the public, have contracted a seriously deadly virus. Patient 3 is confirmed to have boarded a commercial flight within 12 hours of her diagnosis.

Here come the rumors:

Rumors are now circulating that she might well have been feverish when she boarded that plane.

Another rumor is that a possible patient 4 has been admitted with ebola-like symptoms. This person is none other than Pham's boyfriend. Oh, by the way, Pham's boyfriend works at Alcon. Alcon is just a "little" company in Ft. Worth that manufactures/produces medical eye care products such as eye drops, contact solution, contacts, etc.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/101...dmitted-to-hospital-with-ebola-like-symptoms/

Last edited:
Seems like all those who cared for Mr. Duncan didn't use plain old common sense. If I had been a nurse working anywhere near that patient, I definitely would not have traveled. Did any of these nurses that cared for Mr. Duncan care for other patients in this hospital ?

Mugzy

Silver Member
Seeing how the mail tube system may be contaminated, that would be the whole hospital that would have to be quarantined.

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
Friscowisher - I'm sorry that your daughter was on the plane and I hope that it is true that the nurse was not showing symptoms on the flight and likely not contagious.

If you don't mind me asking, has your daughter contacted the CDC? If so, did they give her any clear directions/restrictions?

Friscowisher - I'm sorry that your daughter was on the plane and I hope that it is true that the nurse was not showing symptoms on the flight and likely not contagious.

If you don't mind me asking, has your daughter contacted the CDC? If so, did they give her any clear directions/restrictions?
She had a fever when she boarded the plane of 99.something. Common sense tells you that if you handled a patient's bodily fluids who had Ebola and then you get a fever within the contamination period then you probably don't need to get on a plane. She should have gone to the hospital as soon as she had a fever.

perseco

Double Platinum

Kenda

Platinum Member

What I want to know is has the airline or CDC contacted your daughter, not the other way around. It is the airline and CDC's responsibility to notify passengers if they have been exposed. And yes, I would say she has been exposed. No, I'm not a doctor, but why take the risk with something so deadly and incurable? This isn't a cold.

What I want to know is has the airline or CDC contacted your daughter, not the other way around. It is the airline and CDC's responsibility to notify passengers if they have been exposed. And yes, I would say she has been exposed. No, I'm not a doctor, but why take the risk with something so deadly and incurable? This isn't a cold.
The news said that people on the flight need to contact the CDC and gave a number.