Wall oven installation

I am looking for someone to install a wall oven and a microwave with trim kit. The cut outs of the cabinets should not need to be modified. I have searched porch.com but have not had any luck.

TIA

I had the delivery guys do it. I had the reverse - a double oven put in where the microwave/oven combo went.
The electricity was already done, so all they did was cut the top of the opening. It was a separate piece that came off that needed trimming from the cabinet. I believe it was set-up for either by the builder, with the extra piece put in when the microwave was added.

The install was included with the delivery cost. I paid an extra $50 or so to have them cut the extra piece (I did not want to cut it too short).

I purchased an open box wall oven from Lowes and their guys will not install. I would love to have a double oven instead of this set up but unfortunately my cabinet will not work. The whole cabinet would have to be rebuild or significantly modified. The stupid microwave and trim kit almost cost the same as my wall oven.

I purchased an open box wall oven from Lowes and their guys will not install. I would love to have a double oven instead of this set up but unfortunately my cabinet will not work. The whole cabinet would have to be rebuild or significantly modified. The stupid microwave and trim kit almost cost the same as my wall oven.
If they were stacked together, it may work. My cabinet did not look like it. But after removing the microwave, I saw a built in replacement was very expensive. We just put a freestanding one in the spot/shelf for a while.
Then the oven died.

After looking closely I saw I could "remove" the shelf for the microwave, and unscrewed a few screws to remove the middle cabinet trim piece that was in front of the shelf. This opened up the full area.

I then reran bigger wire for the oven, as a double uses more Amps than a single. Also required a larger breaker. I wouldn't say I did it myself since a certified electrician is required to do so, but the parts are available at Home Depot.

Bought the double oven at Sears Outlet. I decided to pay delivery to have them mount it. Only thing that needed adjusting to fit was a top cabinet trim piece. It had two screws holding it in. They just cut it shorter and put it back in.

Note I did measure beforehand and make sure the oven would fit - They do come in varying sizes and some would not fit.

Brian

Diamond Member
I did this about 8 years ago and used Rodenbaughs. They came and took and look and cut pieces, etc. with no issues.

Londoner

Platinum Member
yep, ours crapped out and had to replace with newer model, which (surprise!) needed a new trim kit... trim kit cost as much, if not slightly more, than the microwave... pretty good racket they got on those