Walking Trail

Foxy2

I was wondering if anyone knew how many miles you would’ve walked if you walk the bike/walking trail across from Stafford Middle School. From what I hear, the walking trail is a really good workout.

Rebel

Diamond Member
I was wondering if anyone knew how many miles you would’ve walked if you walk the bike/walking trail across from Stafford Middle School. From what I hear, the walking trail is a really good workout.
Assuming you mean the Frisco Mountain Bike Trail? Ask away.

If you walk all 4 loops its a total of 7 miles.

Ranger Loop (The outer main loop) is 2.5
Wolverine is 1.1
Coyote is 2.0
Redhawk is 1.5

The only way to get to the three inner loops is off of Ranger. There are signs at each of the turnoffs.
Please make sure you follow the "Hiker" signs. You should always be going the opposite direction of the bikes.

We've got more information posted here (including a map): http://www.dorba.org/trail.php?t=32

Or ask whatever you want, and I can answer.

mommyx2

Diamond Member
Rebel.. Is it good for running in the evenings? My DH loves to run but now the track around FAC is closed.

Do you know if and when that one will reopen?

Rebel

Diamond Member
The gravel track near FAC/ FISD Admin Building? Probably 2 years when the new High School opens.

The Mountain bike trail is great for running. Some of the cross country teams have used it, and we see runners out there all the time.

bizguy

Diamond Member
Rebel.. Is it good for running in the evenings? My DH loves to run but now the track around FAC is closed.

Do you know if and when that one will reopen?
Lots of folks run the trail - I have run it several times myself. Just run the opposite direction of the bikers (i.e. same as the hikers) Weeknight evenings may have a few bikers, but nothing like weekends....

bizguy

Diamond Member
No, We don't have nearly the amount trees Arbor Hills does.
also not paved if you referring the more commonly used trails out there. There are some non paved walking trails that are marked out there at Arbor Hills (and even some bandit running trails back deeper in the woods if you know where to look...)

probably most similar to the outer loop trail with some trees but lots of open area too..

http://www.plano.gov/DocumentCenter/View/359

a little girl died out there a couple years ago I beleive. anyone know what part and how? I bring my son out there to ride while I jog after him. my only fear is copperheads or rattlers in the evening.

bizguy

Diamond Member
yes, it was an unfortunate accident. She wrecked on her bike and her handlebars hit her in the abdomen just wrong and lacerated her liver. She died of internal bleeding before they could get he out on lifeflight... Truly a tragedy - one in a million accident... it still hurts my heart to think about..

wow. my son hit himself in the stomach w handlebars just the other day. wheel got caught between a steep part of the sidewalk and the grass and wouldn't turn and he went over.