Wade Park Progress

Mateo

"Grand opening is now set for spring 2018, with our featured retail, restaurants, entertainment venues, office, residential, and both hotels -- the luxury Langham Hotel & Resorts hotel and boutique Hotel ZaZa -- now slated to open around the same time," he said. "We are wrapping up on the site work and utilities for the entire project, and materials are on the way for us kick-off vertical construction by the end of the year."

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...ion-wade-park-project-stuck-slow-lane-tollway

Spring 2018?!? Less than 4 months away. I have my doubts.

Opus

Silver Member
I work across the street from Legacy West and watching that go up there is no way they are opening in the spring. If they do, I would be worried about the building collapsing.

Invader

Silver Member
"Grand opening is now set for spring 2018, with our featured retail, restaurants, entertainment venues, office, residential, and both hotels -- the luxury Langham Hotel & Resorts hotel and boutique Hotel ZaZa -- now slated to open around the same time," he said. "We are wrapping up on the site work and utilities for the entire project, and materials are on the way for us kick-off vertical construction by the end of the year."

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...w-lane-tollway

Spring 2018?!? Less than 4 months away. I have my doubts.
It will take that long to fill the hole back in.

Also this story was from November 2016 a lot of nothing has happened since then

Last edited:
Early 2019? Really? Didn't they start in 2014? Jerry built a stadium, restaurants, office buildings, and a massive hotel in half the time it's taken these joker's to build an empty shell of what might be part of a Whole Foods.

Say what you want about the incentives, at least Jerry got it done.

Opus

Silver Member
I see the Frisco economic development website is still touting the $5 billion mile. I guess they should put a line under it saying "and half of it is bankrupt!".