TxDOT to hold 3 public meetings in October

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
This is going to get ugly. You basically have 380 being expanded in all towns but McKinney. McKinney poorly planned over the last few decades and allowed a few developers to build too close to 380. Those neighborhoods are fighting the expansion of 380 by proposing a bypass be built through Prosper and/or other parts of McKinney, impacting more houses than those that are along 380.

It will be interesting to see the 2-3 alignments that TxDot proposes. The bypass seems silly to me for a number of reasons, mainly that 380 @ 75 is a nightmare and will continue to be a nightmare even with a bypass if you dont expand/upgrade that area of 380 for the growth we all know is coming. But, there are some political heavy hitters living in those areas along 380 so who knows what will happen.

planomateo

Platinum Member
McKinney folks proposing this to go through Prosper's open land vs 380, what a lousy bunch of folks.

Last edited:

Green225

Platinum Member
This is going to get ugly. You basically have 380 being expanded in all towns but McKinney. McKinney poorly planned over the last few decades and allowed a few developers to build too close to 380. Those neighborhoods are fighting the expansion of 380 by proposing a bypass be built through Prosper and/or other parts of McKinney, impacting more houses than those that are along 380.

It will be interesting to see the 2-3 alignments that TxDot proposes. The bypass seems silly to me for a number of reasons, mainly that 380 @ 75 is a nightmare and will continue to be a nightmare even with a bypass if you dont expand/upgrade that area of 380 for the growth we all know is coming. But, there are some political heavy hitters living in those areas along 380 so who knows what will happen.
JJ, your spot on about poor planning on McKinney's part. I looked very closely at buying a home in Tucker Hill 2 - 2 1/2 years ago. I was very close to pulling the trigger, but a couple of nagging facts kept creeping into my mind. First, the already close proximity of Tucker Hill's main entrance and quite a few homes to 380 and the thought of what effect a rumored 380 widening project would have. I truly believe those 2 items have been responsible for the very slow development of Tucker Hill. They broke ground in 2007 and construction has come in very slow dribs and drabs. Not even half of the planned 625 homes have been built so far.

I was just looking in Tucker Hill. Started doing research about what may get built in future and the whole bypas issue has just turned me off. This will be ugly.

Thinking I will end up in West Plano. McKinney would be closer to work but more to do living in West Plano. Plus have to say quality of new builds I have walked through in McKinney and Prosper not great.

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
JJ, your spot on about poor planning on McKinney's part. I looked very closely at buying a home in Tucker Hill 2 - 2 1/2 years ago. I was very close to pulling the trigger, but a couple of nagging facts kept creeping into my mind. First, the already close proximity of Tucker Hill's main entrance and quite a few homes to 380 and the thought of what effect a rumored 380 widening project would have. I truly believe those 2 items have been responsible for the very slow development of Tucker Hill. They broke ground in 2007 and construction has come in very slow dribs and drabs. Not even half of the planned 625 homes have been built so far.
Yep. Unfortunately a current collin county judge lives in there and the former plano mayor (and 5 time felon) Jack Harvard developed the building in front of Tucker Hill and is one of the owners of Keller Williams in there.

The bypass makes no sense, but the politicians are throwing their weight around so we will see what happens. If they get their way, the county/state will have to spend millions more, disrupt even more houses, and still have 380 through McKinney continue to be a traffic nightmare.

Brian

Diamond Member
McKinney poorly planned? 90% of Frisco takes you 6 miles and 10-15 minutes to get to a highway. It's called landlocked... Preston is not a highway. It's slower than neighborhood roads.

Living off 380 .. never, ever.