Trending on Facebook

9 things about me:

1. I love ketchup and tomato soup, but hate tomatoes.
2. I didn't care much for dogs until I got my first dachshund.
3. I am super shy except in front of my students.
4. I inherited crooked pinkies from my mom's family.
5. I am told I am related to William Wallace (Braveheart).
6. I am deathly afraid of spiders (my son likes to torment me with photos on Facebook!).
7. As a fluke due to a college degree plan change, I took my first Spanish class at UNT. Although I majored in English, I've taught Spanish for 27 years.
8. I love office supplies! Office Depot is my candy store!
9. I don't know why, but I am terrible about returning things people lend me. You may not see it again for years!

I'm throwing out the number 8!

1.-I am left-handed, however, since my entire family is right-handed, I play all sports right-handed.
2.-My ex SIL has brown eyes, and my brother has bright blue eyes. Their daughter has the exact same shade of hazel eyes I do. I'd never seen anyone with the same shade of hazel eyes before until her eye color changed from baby blue to hazel.
3-I blog. I pretty much don't filter too much of my life from it. I just began it about 6 months ago and I love doing it.
4.-Although only 2 of you on here actually know who I am, I like to keep my identify private. Therefore, if you figure it out, please don't go running around telling other people in real life, or on Facebook who I am. :)
5.-I'm in love with all things Vera Bradley, and my new obsession is Pandora (bracelets!)
6..-I'm known as the Miracle Baby in my family. Doctors said I would never walk, talk, or even live to my 5th birthday. 28 years later, I'm walking, and my family can't get me to stop talking!
7.-I was the longest out of all 3 of my siblings at birth, however, I'm 6 inches shorter than both of them as adults.
8.-I've worn glasses since I was 8 months old.

SkiBum

Platinum Member
1.-I am left-handed, however, since my entire family is right-handed, I play all sports right-handed.
I am right-handed, but play tennis left-handed. Doesn't have much to do with my family, my dad is left-handed, mom is right-handed. My reason for playing tennis left-handed is purely coincidence, really. Just tried it and it stuck.

Interesting!

I am right-handed, but play tennis left-handed. Doesn't have much to do with my family, my dad is left-handed, mom is right-handed. My reason for playing tennis left-handed is purely coincidence, really. Just tried it and it stuck.

Interesting!
My brother and dad taught me how to play all my sports, and since they were right-handed, thats how they taught me, they never even thought to teach me any other way. As I got older, I tried to teach myself how to play sports left-handed, but I could never get it, and always shifted back to right-handed.

zubie75082

Silver Member
1. I didn't grow up wanting to be a teacher. I always had a passion for animals and began doing camps at TAMU Galveston during my summers in high school to major in marine biology. That is until we did a necropsy on a baby dolphin and I passed out... Cue career change.

2. I never had to study in high school and can only remember studying for 2 classes in college; Art History and Anatomy/Physiology. Still graduated cum laude and apparently my friends secretly hated me for that. They kid, they kid. ;)

3. I dig genealogy and have traced my lineage back to the late 1600's in Germany and Switzerland.

4. I was overweight most of my life til I woke up on November 29, 2004 and decided to hell with that. I lost almost 90 lbs in 15 months.

5. I know every line of every episode of Friends. No lie. I could recite every episode verbatim if it was muted and I could follow along with the scene transitions.

6. I think I'm a bit on the spectrum. I have some pretty weird triggers and am very sensitive to certain sounds, colors and visual stimuli.

7. I went to church with Jessica and Ashlee Simpson growing up.

8. Sports were such a big deal in my family that I rarely watched anything on TV except that as a kid. As a result, I have seen almost no movies that apparently are a huge deal to my generation; Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Breakfast Club, Back to the Future, the list goes on and on...

9. I am extremely afraid of heights. It doesn't even have to be the real thing. Pictures, TV and movies all make me nauseous when heights are involved. I almost had a heart attack watching Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol. Dude was hanging out of that ridiculous building in Dubai and I swear I could not breathe.

Last edited:

LLB

Silver Member
Here goes...

1. I was not suppose to be born I was my mom's 7th pregnancy, the first 2 lived but the next for 4 were miscarriages and my mom took Thalidomide with me until it was taken off the market. The last pregnancy (one just after me) nearly killed mom when she lost that it.

2. Loved frogs and turtles (all animals really) as a kid. I wanted to own a farm and own all kinds of animals when I grew up.

3. I used to sing to the pigs and sheep when we lived on a farm for a few years, I was 6-9 years old.

4. When I was 10 years old I got a purple Huffy with a banana seat and a tall orange flag attached to the seat. I loved that bike it was like heaven every time I rode it.

5. We raised a lamb and a cow in the basement when their mothers disowned them. When they were big enough to be with the rest of the animals I cried like a baby. Later that same year we had a cow and pig butchered, I stopped eating meat for several of years.

6. I lived in a tiny town IL and moved to OK when I was 15 almost 16.

7. I met my now husband one week after moving to OK and he had just moved there from another town in IL. We have been married for 31 years.

8. I was never taught how to read. I have dyslexia and strabismus so it was difficult but I taught myself how to read because I couldn't read my 3 kids a book. I learned as my 5 year old DD was learning.

Last edited:
Many people on my Facebook I've known since gradeschool. Playing that little "things about me you might not know" game has been fun with them - having known them so long but not knowing unique and personal stuff was pretty cool. Facebook only sucks when the people using it suck.

van

Diamond Member
Many people on my Facebook I've known since gradeschool. Playing that little "things about me you might not know" game has been fun with them - having known them so long but not knowing unique and personal stuff was pretty cool. Facebook only sucks when the people using it suck.
Lol, tell us how you really feel askipper! ;)

I don't mind them, I have found out some interesting things about friends too. Besides, I only received rave reviews when I confessed I could both legs behind my head.....

:tongue:

LLB

Silver Member
Slowely raising hand

:unsure:
:laugh: :laugh:
I lost my common sense last night and posted where I was born and 2 places I lived as a kid. I have never ever done that before because its stupid to do but last night all my marbles had decided to escape my head until someone said something about so much info.

LLB

Silver Member
Someone assigned me the # 82...EIGHTY TWO

no one wants to know 82 things about me
My DH gave me 840 because I told him he should do one of himself but he said he wouldn't do one cuz its stupid, I hadn't done one so he gave me an absurd number to prove his point.

I think when you don't know the person, such as with (the majority of) FOL, I like to know small interesting/different tidbits, but over 3ish and I don't really read it, because I don't really know them and I'll never remember. But I enjoy reading the FB top lists because I actually can put an situation to a face. That being said....
1. I like my wine. (I will be joining you for a Happy Hour one day- when the kids have a babysitter and the mom has a free night.)
2. I like to wear lipstick. It gives a good presentation at a minimal cost; and it's fun.
3. I collect masks from all over the world, but have recently started cheating and buying those artificial ones so that my walls look "pretty". (Go ahead let me have it you Frisconians.)

van

Diamond Member
I think when you don't know the person, such as with (the majority of) FOL, I like to know small interesting/different tidbits, but over 3ish and I don't really read it, because I don't really know them and I'll never remember. But I enjoy reading the FB top lists because I actually can put an situation to a face. That being said....
1. I like my wine. (I will be joining you for a Happy Hour one day- when the kids have a babysitter and the mom has a free night.)
2. I like to wear lipstick. It gives a good presentation at a minimal cost; and it's fun.
3. I collect masks from all over the world, but have recently started cheating and buying those artificial ones so that my walls look "pretty". (Go ahead let me have it you Frisconians.)
I can't wear lipstick, I just can't. I've tried, but then I just feel like a ho bag. So I'll wipe it off.

Wearing it for my wedding was so incredibly uncomfortable.

I can't wear lipstick, I just can't. I've tried, but then I just feel like a ho bag. So I'll wipe it off.

Wearing it for my wedding was so incredibly uncomfortable.
I guess there are people that can either wear lipstick, people that can't wear lipstick, and then people that will try to insult those who wear lipstick. Good to know.