Toll bills

Griffin

Silver Member
anyone else feel like the costs to take the taxways (ie..tollways) around Frisco have jumped the shark? I mean, it is ridiculous when a toll road becomes a major household budget item. We work in Irving/Richardson and between the 2 of us and 3 teen drivers I'm spending $400+ month. Also, before anyone says anything, yes, we take the free service roads in/around town to avoid the toll. However, when headed to work or airport it just isn't rational to do so. I had a $3.03 invoice my daughter left in her room and I found it while cleaning today. Looked it up and its now $75.00!!! due to "non-payment" fees. Ridiculous. I'm about ready to exit Frisco.

You could live in Irving and live in little mexico. I spent a few years in Irving, almost 80% of the street the adults couldn't speak English. They would grow corn in their front yards and have a large dinner table in the front yard under a shade tree and they would eat dinner there. They had chickens in their front yard as well. On Saturdays and Sundays they would park about 10 tens in their drive way.

.Toll charges blow but it's better than living in the ghetto

Griffin

Silver Member
You could live in Irving and live in little mexico. I spent a few years in Irving, almost 80% of the street the adults couldn't speak English. They would grow corn in their front yards and have a large dinner table in the front yard under a shade tree and they would eat dinner there. They had chickens in their front yard as well. On Saturdays and Sundays they would park about 10 tens in their drive way.

.Toll charges blow but it's better than living in the ghetto
so your saying, pay tolls or live with Mexicans?

So you are saying that 80% of your neighbors believed in sustainable living, practiced farm to fork cooking, and were family oriented? Why on earth did you ever leave?
No body could speak English was the main reason

Having to look in garages and see a dozen cots set up to make it a safe house was another

Increasing crime and destroying the neighborhood was another reason, they would live about 12 people per house. Each bedroom would basically be a family living there. They would convert closets into bathroom and basically destroy a house.

People in my area all drove about 5 mph under the speed limit due to not having a driver licenses, so the overcroweded streets became more jammed with traffic.

Last edited:

Mommyp

Platinum Member
One of the reasons I left Frisco was the added double taxation burden of tolls. Frisco can waive the flag of lower taxes while the insidious NTTA pull double taxation from your pockets. Allen was better with free access to 75 but still we had tolls along 121 but the alternate routes along 121 were better than the alternates along the DNT. The NTTA is a freaking PRIVATE terror organization with PUBLIC collection powers that rival the IRS. No other private organization has the police department (you can be arrested for toll violations), the courts and the Department of Motor vehicles as a collection agency.

Happily I live in New Mexico now with no toll roads.

I am a fan of the Toll Roads. They keep them nice and clean, and I can speed on them and rarely see a highway patrol on NDT from 121 to 380. In the winter time if there is a chance of ice on the roads they will put a sand truck on each overpass to keep it passable.

If you look when they build a tollroad all it does is promote business to be built along them.

I choose to live up here and I also choose to work up here so I only spend $150 per month on toll roads.

Overall I am fan of them

Opus

Silver Member
One of the reasons I left Frisco was the added double taxation burden of tolls. Frisco can waive the flag of lower taxes while the insidious NTTA pull double taxation from your pockets. Allen was better with free access to 75 but still we had tolls along 121 but the alternate routes along 121 were better than the alternates along the DNT. The NTTA is a freaking PRIVATE terror organization with PUBLIC collection powers that rival the IRS. No other private organization has the police department (you can be arrested for toll violations), the courts and the Department of Motor vehicles as a collection agency.

Happily I live in New Mexico now with no toll roads.
That is because the state really runs them. I can't remember exactly when, but a few years ago they were against a toll increase and the state stepped in and forced them to raise them. I can't remember exactly how they forced them but they did.

I would be a fan of the toll roads but the outrageous late fees charged should be a crime. I have dealt with a lot of government agencies and no other government agency I have experienced charges such high late fees.

Mommyp

Platinum Member
Don't get me started on the bureaucracy, belligerent collections practices and excessive fees. The only way to get them to come to reason is take it to a court violation and then head to court.

I would be a fan of the toll roads but the outrageous late fees charged should be a crime. I have dealt with a lot of government agencies and no other government agency I have experienced charges such high late fees.
All you have to do is put a card on file and you will not have any late fees!!

Mommyp

Platinum Member
Ha! Unless you frequently change card #s for fraud prevention, change cars or even just make a typo on the NTTA website. You know real world issues when the family fleet exceeds 4 cars.

Rooster

Silver Member
anyone else feel like the costs to take the taxways (ie..tollways) around Frisco have jumped the shark? I mean, it is ridiculous when a toll road becomes a major household budget item. We work in Irving/Richardson and between the 2 of us and 3 teen drivers I'm spending $400+ month. Also, before anyone says anything, yes, we take the free service roads in/around town to avoid the toll. However, when headed to work or airport it just isn't rational to do so. I had a $3.03 invoice my daughter left in her room and I found it while cleaning today. Looked it up and its now $75.00!!! due to "non-payment" fees. Ridiculous. I'm about ready to exit Frisco.
If you had a $3 invoice that turned into a $75 fine, the tolltag is your friend.

A tolltag will also cut your tolls in half.

Happy motoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opus

Silver Member
Ha! Unless you frequently change card #s for fraud prevention, change cars or even just make a typo on the NTTA website. You know real world issues when the family fleet exceeds 4 cars.
That is so true. I just got a new car and did like they told me to do and go put my new temp plate number in the system. Now I get a notice for the car I sold. And they make it impossible online to say you have a tolltag when you get a notice in the mail. Also a few months back I got a bunch of toll charges that were over a year old. They said it took them that long to match them up to the plates. Hard to fight something that is a year old. I couldn't remember if I had been on the tollroad those days and at those locations.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
That is so true. I just got a new car and did like they told me to do and go put my new temp plate number in the system. Now I get a notice for the car I sold. And they make it impossible online to say you have a tolltag when you get a notice in the mail. Also a few months back I got a bunch of toll charges that were over a year old. They said it took them that long to match them up to the plates. Hard to fight something that is a year old. I couldn't remember if I had been on the tollroad those days and at those locations.
That's their MO, wait 6-9 months for various fines and fees to accrue while they "attempt to match up the plates" meanwhile we pay to park on tollways in a toll-locked city. And yes, I was here prior to SRT being a Toll road or even being thought to be a toll road

lesscrazy

Bronze Member
I take the tollway from Hillcrest to Beltline very early in the morning. If I avoid the tollway I spend an extra fifteen to twenty minutes sitting at red lights all by myself waiting for the light to change. Do cops worry about you running a red light at 4am, even after you have been waiting five minutes or more for it to change green, even if you haven't seen another car coming from any direction? Yes they do. :angry:

Frisco - pay to leave, pay to come home.

I take the tollway from Hillcrest to Beltline very early in the morning. If I avoid the tollway I spend an extra fifteen to twenty minutes sitting at red lights all by myself waiting for the light to change. Do cops worry about you running a red light at 4am, even after you have been waiting five minutes or more for it to change green, even if you haven't seen another car coming from any direction? Yes they do. :angry:

Frisco - pay to leave, pay to come home.
Can't you just turn right on red go to first intersection, pull a u turn and come back and take a right and be on your way?