Told You So

FCS Wes

Silver Member
It was wayyy too early to trust NK or credit Trump

North Korea has reportedly threatened to cancel the much anticipated Trump-Kim summit over the South Korea-US military drills.

According to South Korean news agency, Yonhap News, North Korea said has said it is canceling high-level talks planned for later in the day.

"The North's Korean Central News Agency said the Max Thunder drills between the South Korean and US air forces are a rehearsal for invasion of the North and a provocation amid warming inter-Korean ties," the site reports.

"This exercise, targeting us, which is being carried out across South Korea, is a flagrant challenge to the Panmunjom Declaration and an intentional military provocation running counter to the positive political development on the Korean Peninsula," Yonhap quoted KCNA as saying.

"The United States will also have to undertake careful deliberations about the fate of the planned North Korea-U.S. summit in light of this provocative military ruckus jointly conducted with the South Korean authorities."

MSJ

Triple Platinum
This is normal for NK, they are trying to negotiate a better deal. China still has the wild card and it will be interesting to see if they force NK's hand or let things go back to the way things have been.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Meh, I don't trust Norko and don't know how anyone reasonably could. I am hopeful but not optimistic and not because of Trump but Kim

Londoner

Platinum Member
I could be wrong, but this could be Kim's way of appearing strong in the face of a global community... IMO, when he agreed to meet with Trump, when he agreed to discuss de-nuclearization, when he appeared with the S Korean president... he likely took a look back and felt he appeared weak, and we know he or anyone in his family, can't have that... he still has a job to do, and that's to keep a country under his thumb... and if he appears a weak leader, that spells trouble at home

Wedge

Gold Member
Well would you look at that.

Trump cancels Kim summit amid North Korea 'hostility'

Win win for Trump, I guess. He gets to pretend he would have solved everything if it hadn't been for that meddling Kim Jong Un. Plus he can go back to tweeting about Little Rocket Man.

Downside is that if China solves this without us Trump gets zero credit. Not that he won't claim it anyway...

No-bel! No-bel! No-bel!

orchid

This is after Trumps side talked about the 'Libya' option for NK. That's not threatening at all then?

They are worse than children.

binz

Platinum Member
summit cancelled after NK blew up a nuke testing site and hostages returned. Trump in control. He's taken all the negotiating leverage away from little man.

Obama would have already given NK piles of cash with nothing in return.

eyeamdaman1

Platinum Member
summit cancelled after NK blew up a nuke testing site and hostages returned. Trump in control. He's taken all the negotiating leverage away from little man.

Translation: Another YUGE win for Trump that nobody but his followers can see.

Chris1771

Silver Member

And here comes the "but Obama" crap. Just like the Dems that pointed at Bush during Obamas run and were chastised here for it. LOL

Trumps letter looks like it was written by a child.

TPW

Diamond Member

This is why you can't have a serious discussion with a Trump die hard. No matter what he does it is the right thing and shows that Trump is in control. It's like clockwork with these people.

binz

Platinum Member
This is why you can't have a serious discussion with a Trump die hard. No matter what he does it is the right thing and shows that Trump is in control. It's like clockwork with these people.
same can be said about the nevertrumpers. Nothing he could ever do would make you give him credit. Your hate blinds you with this man.

kenny6

Gold Member
This is just Mr. Negotiator trying to play hard ball. I agree the letter looks like it was written by a grade school bully. The guy talks about nuclear war like it's a high school football game. Again with the "ours are bigger than yours"??? The whole thing is childish and embarrassing.

TPW

Diamond Member
same can be said about the nevertrumpers. Nothing he could ever do would make you give him credit. Your hate blinds you with this man.
I tell you what. When he does something that he deserves credit for I'd be all in giving him credit. I said that if he can actually do something with the NORKS he would deserve credit. Problem is he hasn't done ANYTHING yet. People were trying to give hime the Nobel before anything of substance was done, just like Obama.

Watching you twist yourself in knots like the Obama supporters did is pretty darn entertaining....keep it up.