Thoughts on snow next week

binbunch

Platinum Member
Yup. Schools here (Buffalo NY area) were canceled Friday due to wind chill of -25. Right now it's -6 with wind chill of -30. We have so much snow that we have no place to put it. It's hard to shovel or snowblow because the piles are over 6 feet tall. Have I said lately how much I miss Frisco? ;)

I'm sure many of you already know this but... The ground is gonna still be warm and radiate heat even after cold air moves in. This is why it sticks on grass and bridges and not the concrete. If it was cold for a couple days first I'd be concerned about ice or snow sticking. This is gonna be nov 17th 2014 at very best.

/my 2 cents

Looks like we might escape the ice/snow. It is however quite wet from overnight rain, which makes me wonder why so many of my neighbors ran their sprinklers last night and this morning. Currently bordering on freezing (33.5 degrees) and not expected to be above 40 today !

Ugh...I really thought we were in the clear from losing school days. DH moved his business flight to San Francisco from Monday to tomorrow to avoid the mess. Weather in San Fran next week? Sunny and in the 60s. Grrr...

I'm flying back to Denver from Dallas today, figured my flight would be delayed but nope. Denver is getting a 16 inch storm and everything is on time and only Church's are closed today. Schools in session tomorrow like a normal day.

I'm flying back to Denver from Dallas today, figured my flight would be delayed but nope. Denver is getting a 16 inch storm and everything is on time and only Church's are closed today. Schools in session tomorrow like a normal day.
Sorry I don't find how 16" inches of snow and 2" inches of ice compare to each other.