The NFL...

May I introduce you to the DVR. I can get through a whole game in 45 minutes or less. I do not want to listen to the nausiating commentary, excessively long booth reviews, kickoffs, punts, commercials, half time ass slapping.

TPW

Diamond Member
May I introduce you to the DVR. I can get through a whole game in 45 minutes or less. I do not want to listen to the nausiating commentary, excessively long booth reviews, kickoffs, punts, commercials, half time ass slapping.
Oh, that is what I usually do. I'll pause the game for an hour or so and then FF until I'm caught up to real time. Going to an actual game must be painful. Not only are you paying high prices for tickets and food and parking but you are stuck with a break in action every :30 for TV breaks.

At some point people are going to revolt on this, no?

kenny6

Gold Member
Yes. So annoying on TV and bad at games. Been several years since I've been to a live game, but there were times they were just standing there on the field and was like wtf is going on? Someone next to me mentioned they are waiting for commercials. Stupid.

I quit going to games and buying any t-shirts or gear several years ago. People like Jerry, the Hunts and the overpaid players have enough money. $10 for a Miller Lite? No thanks.

Oh, that is what I usually do. I'll pause the game for an hour or so and then FF until I'm caught up to real time. Going to an actual game must be painful. Not only are you paying high prices for tickets and food and parking but you are stuck with a break in action every :30 for TV breaks.

They keep tuning in so NO.

Len_A

Bronze Member

Yes, TiVo is my friend.

Opus

Silver Member
I don't watch any sports other than my son's soccer games. I happened to walk by the living room the other day when my son was watching a football game. The commentators were talking about a flag that was thrown. They were watching the play and talking about how it was a great block and there was nothing wrong with it. Then the ref called the foul on the block and then the announcers starting saying how the guy has to play better than that, and he should know that was a foul.

I really wish football would tank but I know it probably isn't going to happen in my lifetime.

van

Diamond Member

THIS. I only went because the hubs was a huge Packers fan. Coming from watching rugby I find football painfully slow. Constant stopping. Watching live is just so loud and over hyped.