Tempur-pedic owners....

I am debating on purchasing one but I was wondering if anyone has had issues with them? Sagging? Are you satisfied with it? Would you purchase another one? Which model do you have?

Thank you in advance for all the info.....:)

Walrus

Bronze Member
Bought a Novaform from Costco 2 years ago. Love it. Bought a pillow too. Love it. Most important of all....my back loves it.

Can't beat Costco's return policy either.

Keep an eye on their coupon books. They go on sale frequently.

We've had ours or just over 3 years now and are still happy with it. If/when I need another mattress I will consider them again but won't rule out other options mostly because of the price.

Mattress industry insiders say 20% of Tempurpedic purchasers dislike. The remaining 80% absolutely love it. Other brands purchased have a much lower 'dislike' rating but they also have a lower 'love it' rating. Tempur fells very different than any other mattress. You MUST take your time on the one you like. Take your pillow with you and get in your normal sleeping position for 15 minutes. Also consider Serta iComfort and Sealy Optimum. Both are similar to Tempur but less money. If you find you just don't like the 'sinking' feel of foam, try Serta iSeries, an innerspring mattress with gel memory foam.

Love mine!! The bed has helped my back so much! The only thing I would say is it gets a bit warm but I will buy another as that's why I have a fan!

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
We bought a Tempurpedic about a month ago and absolutely love it. I think a lot of those who don't like it bought the lower end model. We got the next to the highest model and it's great. It doesn't have the problem with it getting hot like the cheaper ones do. My wife likes a softer mattress and I prefer a firm one. It's weird but our new mattress seems to satisfy both of us. It has the firmness that I like, but she's more than happy with it being soft enough for her. It was pricey though. We paid nearly $5000 for it. One thing that helped to sell us on it is the 25 year warranty and the fact that if it sags more than 3/4 inch anytime during the warranty period, Tempurpedic will replace it.

50ae

Silver Member
I have another brand bought off of Overstock.com that is memory foam so basically the same thing. I've had it since 2007 and I have not one complaint about it. My wife wanted it softer though so we put a softer memory foam topper on it in 2009 and that topper was just replaced this week.

Like Walrus, we bought our gel topped foam mattress at Costco and love it. I used to wake up feeling like I'd been in a car accident - my neck, back, hips and even knees hurt for the first hour I was awake. Now I wake up and feel good, and rested. We like a firmer mattress and the gel makes the foamy sinking feeling minimal when you first get on it.

http://m.costco.com/Novaform®-14"-Gel-Memory-Foam-King-Mattress.product.100027011.html

It was $100 off on sale - bet they'll be on sale Labor Day weekend. It comes in a box with casters to move it easily, and when the cut the straps and this giant king sized mattress unfolds its pretty cool.

planomateo

Platinum Member
We bought a Tempur-pedic, love it. We got the Ergo bed to - love that part more.

Almost went with the Costco version - NovaForm, but choose not to as I couldn't touch it before buying it. 1/3 the price of Tempur-pedic.

If I had to do it again, I'd get the Ergo base with the NovaForm bed...best of both worlds at a fraction of the cost.

A friend of ours bought the ComforPedic from Sleep Experts a couple of years ago and they love it. It comes with a 1 year money back guarantee. They preferred it over the Temperpedic.

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
The thing is, when people talk about Tempurpedic this and Tempurpedic that, you have to know which tempurpedic they are talking about. There are several grades of Tempurpedic from the cheapest which most people complain about to the high end that seems to have very high customer satisfaction. Go to a good mattress store and talk to someone knowledgeable, do some research online and then make your own decision. Don't depend on people's comments here. Mattress buying is very personal and you need to make your own informed, intelligent decision..

Bought the next to the top of the line Tempurpedic and the pillows about 4-5 years ago. Still love it. Made a world of difference in back issues. Keep in mind the smell terrible when you first get it, but the smell goes away in 2-3 days. If you sleep with the windows open in the winter, the mattress will be hard when you first get into bed but as your body heat warms it, it will soften up. Definitely purchase or have them throw in the mattress cover. THE PRICE OF MATTRESSES IS NEGOTIABLE AT MATTRESS STORES. Wheel and deal is the name of the game. Also, if you see a doctor for back issues ask him to write a prescription for the mattress. With one you don't have to pay sales tax. Nice little savings on an expensive purchase.

Baysyd

Triple Platinum
We were looking at Comforpedic and Temperpedic and had decided on the comfortpedic. The price was killing me. I just couldn't deal with paying $4-5k for a friggin bed.

We hemmed and hawed for several months then saw the Novaform at Costco for $699.99.

We discussed it for a few days and decided to try it since it was waaayyyyy cheaper than what we were going to buy. We figured what have we got to lose, aside from another $4300 dollars?

We have had it for a week now and Love it! Its the 14" model. We laid it out on the floor and let it gain its shape back. 24hrs later we put it on our bed. I couldn't even smell any odor even burying my face in the sheets.

The return policy is also what pushed us over the edge to do it. Most other places want these "bed in a box" to be returned in the box. That aint happening after the bed expands.

We sleep on our sides and back. We have been sleeping more sound and not waking up sore.

If anyone is looking at the memory foam stuff do this first before you take that leap into thousands of dollars.

Baysyd

Triple Platinum
A friend of ours bought the ComforPedic from Sleep Experts a couple of years ago and they love it. It comes with a 1 year money back guarantee. They preferred it over the Temperpedic.
We were going to buy one from sleep experts but they don't give you your money back, you get a credit towards a replacement from their store. Not a big deal if you can find something there but what if you don't?

So, Tempurpedic owners... did you love it day 1, or did you have to get used to it? We finally pulled the trigger on one after debating for a while. Don't remember the fancy name of our model... probably the next to best or best. We also got the "cooling" version.

When I get into my spot... it's super comfy. But, moving into another position and getting out of it seems to take a little work. And despite getting the cooling one, I still think it gets toasty. After 2 nights of sleeping on it, I'm not in love with it. I dunno... we'll see. Just curious if it was love at first sleep with others.

When we got the mattress, we also ponied up for the adjustable bed frame. WOW! Now that is worth every penny. And, yes, it's basically a glorified hospital bed.

We got ours during the winter. It was as hard as a rock when we first laid on it. We would then almost melt into it, which did make rolling over tough. We did not like it all first the first week or two. Now, we love it except for it getting so hot. Ours is 7 years old and was the top model at the time, but this was before they offered the cooling model.

Hopefully, you'll get used to it soon.

planomateo

Platinum Member
So, Tempurpedic owners... did you love it day 1, or did you have to get used to it? We finally pulled the trigger on one after debating for a while. Don't remember the fancy name of our model... probably the next to best or best. We also got the "cooling" version.

When I get into my spot... it's super comfy. But, moving into another position and getting out of it seems to take a little work. And despite getting the cooling one, I still think it gets toasty. After 2 nights of sleeping on it, I'm not in love with it. I dunno... we'll see. Just curious if it was love at first sleep with others.

When we got the mattress, we also ponied up for the adjustable bed frame. WOW! Now that is worth every penny. And, yes, it's basically a glorified hospital bed.
Took a while, maybe a few days. Took me a few weeks to get use to the difference in heat, as it retains heat more. So I just sleep with lighter blankets in the winter, sheets only in the summer.