Teacher lead prayer at school

I stopped reading when I saw the name and location of the group complaining. First, the Constitution says "freedom of religion" not freedom from religion. Second, they're based in Wisconsin. What happens in Prosper, TX is absolutely none of their business.
They didn't interject themselves into this argument without cause... The parent who objected contacted them... The organization has a long history of involvement in challenging these types of issues... The parent who objected has standing the FFRF will happily provide attorneys for a case should she choose to pursue one... They will then collect legal fees from Prosper ISD... This is not a fight Prosper ISD will win...

Selfish ? What was selfish about what she did ? Might be pot and kettle
False. Nice try. Look, there's a lot of things we don't like. From cultures to styles to jewelry, tattoos, language, slang, whatever. This was legal, and if it bothers a particular thin-skinned , sensitive, insecure person, why don't they just not look. Turn the other way...... Do these persons get this offended by PDA? Do they complain when they see 2 gay people holding hands?

False. Nice try. Look, there's a lot of things we don't like. From cultures to styles to jewelry, tattoos, language, slang, whatever. This was legal, and if it bothers a particular thin-skinned , sensitive, insecure person, why don't they just not look.
I hope you pay Prosper ISD taxes... If the district proceeds, you will learn an expense lesson in law...

I pay them, and this crap pisses me off..
You might remind your school board of this little decision right here in the metro area...

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-5th-circuit/1463600.html

Just a snippet...

DISD contends that it cannot prevent its employees from participating in student prayers without violating their employees' rights to the free exercise of religion, to association, and to free speech and academic freedom.   We do not agree.   As we noted in Doe I, “ ‘the principle that government may accommodate the free exercise of religion does not supersede the fundamental limitations imposed by the Establishment Clause.’ ”  994 F.2d at 165 (quoting Lee, 505 U.S. at 586-87, 112 S.Ct. at 2655).   See also Berger v. Rensselaer Central School Corp., 982 F.2d 1160, 1168 (7th Cir.1993) (free expression rights must bow to the Establishment Clause prohibition on school-endorsed religious activities).

Piiilot

Platinum Member
False. Nice try. Look, there's a lot of things we don't like. From cultures to styles to jewelry, tattoos, language, slang, whatever. This was legal, and if it bothers a particular thin-skinned , sensitive, insecure person, why don't they just not look. Turn the other way...... Do these persons get this offended by PDA? Do they complain when they see 2 gay people holding hands?
It is legal if the students are leading this. Once a school official - the principal, or a government official - the city councilman speaks, that makes it illegal. This has been beaten to death by the courts, and the courts have always landed on the side of the Establishment Clause - government cannot favor one religion over another. Read the Constitution, it is a wonderful document. You are trying to compare apples and puppies.

It is legal if the students are leading this. Once a school official - the principal, or a government official - the city councilman speaks, that makes it illegal.
So anyone speaks, that means they are also leading? So if 5 people speak, it's being led by 5 people? Define.

No more discussion (if you would call it that) until you read the establishment clause and the 5th circuits ruling....

I'll Wait....

When you get back Prosper ISD is nothing more than acting like Don Quixoti shouting at the windmills with tax payer money floating into the wind.

You can almost hear the futile calls....

"My rights of religious freedom{as long as I am a Christian}!!", "My rights to free speech {as long as I am in the majority}!!", "The locals all agree with me {cause were all cousins}"!!, "But I am running for State Representative after I get let go from this gig..."

All the while leaching precious taxpayer cash on settled law. You think this is the first time school prayer in a public school has been heard by a court??

Piiilot

Platinum Member
So anyone speaks, that means they are also leading? So if 5 people speak, it's being led by 5 people? Define.
I am not going to define this, the court already has. If you want to learn, and really care about this take some initiative and educate yourself, read the Constitution, and the accompanying case law. It might be the simplest case law in the history of the court to understand. There is even a litmus test - but for God's sake people, instead of standing on what you THINK you can do, and instead of blaming it on the Atheist community, take a moment to learn a little something so you don't look ignorant.

Last edited:
I am not going to define this, the court already has. If you want to learn, and really care about this take some initiative and educate yourself, read the Constitution, and the accompanying case law. It might be the simplest case law in the history of the court to understand. There is even a litmus test - but for God's sake people, instead of standing on what you THINK you can do, and instead of blaming it on the Atheist community, take a moment to learn a little something so you don't look ignorant.
Next he'll say it was defined by activist judges who have a liberal interpretation of the law to suppress conservative values (vis a vis christian-only).

LLB

Silver Member
FFS, why do people in positions of authority seem intent to push a religious agenda on others? Schools are not the place for religion (newsflash: not everyone is Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc.) apart from classes focused on Theology where numerous belief systems are studied.

Focus on educating kids rather than trying to preach to them. Jokers.
I guess I misunderstood, I thought this was done BEFORE school, on school prop but was not a school activity persay. I have no problem with that at all nor do I see it being pushed on anyone and the protesters are idiots. There is no need to protest because the school wasn't sponsering it.