Teacher lead prayer at school

All the hot air and energy spent arguing about this could be put to better use by just living your own life and minding your own business.

All the hot air and energy spent arguing about this could be put to better use by just living your own life and minding your own business.
[HR][/HR]Right on Tom the Builder ! Let's emphasize the living your own life and minding your own business parts ! [HR][/HR] "When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. [HR][/HR]Take your places Can we fix it? Yes, we can. Tom the Builder Can we fix it? Tom the Builder Yes, we can!

Throstle

Silver Member
FFS, why do people in positions of authority seem intent to push a religious agenda on others? Schools are not the place for religion (newsflash: not everyone is Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc.) apart from classes focused on Theology where numerous belief systems are studied.

Focus on educating kids rather than trying to preach to them. Jokers.

planomateo

Platinum Member
FFS, why do people in positions of authority seem intent to push a religious agenda on others? Schools are not the place for religion (newsflash: not everyone is Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc.) apart from classes focused on Theology where numerous belief systems are studied.

Focus on educating kids rather than trying to preach to them. Jokers.
Explain how this is pushed on others? My oldest is a student there, it's not being pushed on others. If you don't want to pray, keep walking or don't go.

Mom+4

Silver Member
I have no problem with student led groups. I have a problem with individuals in places of power, asserting THEIR own religion onto students with "optional" groups.

Before everyone gets into an uproar of "defending their religion". Ask yourself...what if he implemented groups teaching the Koran? How would you feel? If he did this...there would be SCREAMING that he is trying to infiltrate our youth!!!!!

This man has every right to practice his religion at home and on his personal time.

I am NOT anti-Christian or anti-religion. I believe everyone able to practice their own religion as long as they are not breaking the laws of the land.

Ii believe that if you have christian prayer groups in school (student-led) you also should have groups for any other religion that wants too form a group (student-led).

Last edited:
This is silly but I have bigger things to worry about and wouldn't care if it happened at my kid's school. I am not religious but I am OK with my kids learning about religion and making up their own minds. I would probably just roll my eyes and then go do something else. I guess the principal needs to do something to distract people from all of the negative PR, LOL. Seems like a brilliant plan.

I am all for religious freedom and the kids doing what they want. When anyone of authority (principal, teacher, coach) at the school leads/organizes/is involved beyond just participating they have overstepped their boundaries. He shouldn't be doing this.

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
People do know that these events are well before the start of the school day, right? I believe they are are an hour before school starts, so you would have to go out of your way to be offended. Get to school on time and you shouldn't even know it takes place. No different than the math club or any other extra curricular activity that happens in the morning.

It would be a much different story if it were occurring during the actual school day, but it's not.

I'm not overly religious, but I'm glad they are having a rally in support of this. People are getting fed up with these vocal minorities of people who get offended by every little thing and try to change things that impact them in no way shape or form.

The issue is AT SCHOOL. If the principal wants to hold prayer sessions at the 7-11 - fine have a nice day. You cannot use the school as an administrator to facilitate religious services. He's an idiot.

longhorn91

It is a conspiracy to try to get people to slow down moving to Prosper since we haven't built schools fast enough...LOL!

I think we have a bunch of adults now acting like total children...."you don't like what I want to do well here we are IN YOUR FACE you bunch of _____s" (add a non-Christ centered religion here....atheist, Judaism, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Mormon, etc). I find the motto " Prosper...a place where everyone matters" kind of hypocritical the way things seems now. If everyone mattered, they wouldn't treat that poor kid whose mom complained like a pariah.

Hopefully there are some intelligent teens with respectful mature leadership skills here in Prosper (I know they are out there) who will wait for the adult tantrum to be over so THEY can form groups they want in ways they want when they want (with an admin person to facilitate and watch over the facility while they wish to gather).

Until then, let us hope the adults don't get out of hand. The school board is "small town old school". They would support the admin even if a principal roller skated naked thru the parking lot. It is what happens after that counts....litigation, lots of attorney's fees, cease and desist orders, gag orders, mediation, monetary judgements, bad press, and oh yes lots of appeals.

Eventually the laws of Texas and the U.S. will prevail. Let's hope that when it is all over (in a few years when the lawyers are all paid and the plaintiffs have settled and admin people who may have been wrong or wronged have quietly left with a golden parachute) the TAXPAYERS are not paying out the wazooo to fund it all WHEN WE NEED TO BE BUILDING SCHOOLS.

I am so embarrassed for our charming little town by the whole thing....oh and don't get me started on the need to put PR ahead of a teacher's legal responsibility to report possible molestation.

The next adult scheduled tantrum is supposedly tomorrow morning...about 15 minutes before school, at the flag pole which is school property. Just in time for lots of buses and parents to be doing the drop offs so they have to watch and walk through...and so the press of course can be there...and scheduled not because a bunch of kids got together because they felt inspired to do so but because a bunch of adult want to intimidate. Sad.

Last edited:
Who cares. This is optional group before school. It is not required, not during school and there is not evidence that you are harmed if you do not attended.

If I lived in Prosper I'd be ticked that some group from Wisconsin is sticking their nose into something that is none of their business.

Churches RENT the schools for meeting places on weekends. Entirely different scenario.
Not really. Someone made a suggestion that religious events should not occur on public property. Praying on schools on a Monday is not different then praying on a Sunday.

If you don't like it well them don't go. People these days are so thinned skinned and think they have a right to not be offended.