Tavolo's is now closed...

demvet

Bronze Member
I dig the 4 season with extra cheese.

Name a place better near Frisco and I will for sure give it test

There are chains that are better than Testa. Order a deep dish from Rosati's, order an 8 corner Pan from Jets. Both are better than Testa, and they are chains.

I will give Testa this, the atmosphere, and location are great!

If you want the dining out experience of better pizza than Testa, try Coal Vines at the Shops of Legacy.

Chris1771

Silver Member
There are chains that are better than Testa. Order a deep dish from Rosati's, order an 8 corner Pan from Jets. Both are better than Testa, and they are chains.

If you want the dining out experience of better pizza than Testa, try Coal Vines at the Shops of Legacy.
My fav around here is Grimaldi’s, but I’m partial to NY style. For local Luigi’s isn’t bad.

Had Testa a couple of years ago and really wasn’t that impressed, but have been meaning to give it another shot.

I don't like deep dish. I will try Jets, I have wanted to try it.

I like going to Testa since I live off El Dorado and Preston area, so it's pretty close, I will give Coal Vines a shot when I am in the area.

My fav around here is Grimaldi’s, but I’m partial to NY style. For local Luigi’s isn’t bad.

Had Testa a couple of years ago and really wasn’t that impressed, but have been meaning to give it another shot.
I was the same way, after the first time I wasn't that impressed, but went back and tried a different pie.

Capricciosa – San Marzano Tomatoes, Fior di Latte, Prosciutto Cotto, Mushrooms, Artichokes and Black Olives 16

Quattro Stagioni (Four Seasons) – One-quarter of Prosciutto Cotto, Mushrooms, Artichokes and Olives, with San Marzano Tomatoes, Fior di Latte 16

Those are my two go to pizzas, same ingredients on the 4 seasons they just quarter up the ingredients.

Green225

Platinum Member
I don't like deep dish. I will try Jets, I have wanted to try it.

I like going to Testa since I live off El Dorado and Preston area, so it's pretty close, I will give Coal Vines a shot when I am in the area.
I tried Jet's for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Very good pizza and they do not scrimp on the toppings. For me, a definite cut above most of the other chains in the area.

Seritos

Double Platinum
We've been going to Uncle Gino's down at Tollway & Windhaven. It is outside of Frisco, but still close enough to make the drive worthwhile. The pizza is decent, the sausage calzone is great, and the type of dough they use for crust doesn't spike my blood sugar like most places around.

As far as Frisco square, between mediocre food, cramped tables, and no parking, it was a no-go for us...

cyning

I tried Jet's for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Very good pizza and they do not scrimp on the toppings. For me, a definite cut above most of the other chains in the area.
Agreed. We’re not regulars at Jet’s, but get it sometimes for a little variety. Best thing about Jets is their generous toppings which seem to consistently be fresh and good quality.

Testa is a matter of taste. Most people seem to either love it or hate. It’s not what most people think of when they think of pizza. We like it pretty well.

However, I’d say our preferred pizza in Frisco is Durkins.

Agreed. We’re not regulars at Jet’s, but get it sometimes for a little variety. Best thing about Jets is their generous toppings which seem to consistently be fresh and good quality.

Testa is a matter of taste. Most people seem to either love it or hate. It’s not what most people think of when they think of pizza. We like it pretty well.

However, I’d say our preferred pizza in Frisco is Durkins.
I tried Durkins near the gun club off El Dorado, I wasn't impressed. It reminded of eating at Pizza Inn when they were around. Pizza Inn had a better pizza than Durkins for me.

Geck

Platinum Member
OK, first off Testa is not like Jets or Durkins et al. It's neopolitan style pizza which is a completely different animal. If you compare these you don't really know pizza. Second Durkins, Jets etc as NY style pizza goes are terrible. Sorry. They wouldn't last 10 minutes in NYC.

As far as Tavolo goes it's basically the same thing. Not really good Italian food. It was average at best.

Look, Frisco square has been bungled since the start. It's not that big, it's a pain to park and unless you have a quality restaurant experience making your place a destination it won't succeed.

I do think that the square will turn the corner at some point. will it be shops at legacy? No but i don't think that is what the city council is after. The star is that type of place.

demvet

Bronze Member
OK, first off Testa is not like Jets or Durkins et al. It's neopolitan style pizza which is a completely different animal. If you compare these you don't really know pizza. Second Durkins, Jets etc as NY style pizza goes are terrible. Sorry. They wouldn't last 10 minutes in NYC.

As far as Tavolo goes it's basically the same thing. Not really good Italian food. It was average at best.

Look, Frisco square has been bungled since the start. It's not that big, it's a pain to park and unless you have a quality restaurant experience making your place a destination it won't succeed.

I do think that the square will turn the corner at some point. will it be shops at legacy? No but i don't think that is what the city council is after. The star is that type of place.

Jet's is a Detroit chain, and is not even close to being a NY style. Not that it matters, as NY style is mediocre, at best, and wouldn't last 10 minutes in comparison to Chicago pizza, not just deep dish either, but tavern style as well.

I know pizza. Really, really well. And, I am quite familiar Neapolitan style, and Testa, IMO, simply doesn't do it very well. That said, I do think it is a very nice restaurant with great atmosphere.

Chris1771

Silver Member
Everyone has their preferences. I don’t even think Chicago style is a real pizza. It’s more like pizza casserole. You don’t eat pizza with a fork.

demvet

Bronze Member
Everyone has their preferences. I don’t even think Chicago style is a real pizza. It’s more like pizza casserole. You don’t eat pizza with a fork.

If you're a man, you don't need to.

But again, delegating Deep Dish as the the only Chicago style pizza, shows a lack of knowledge regarding Chicago pizza.

OK, first off Testa is not like Jets or Durkins et al. It's neopolitan style pizza which is a completely different animal. If you compare these you don't really know pizza.
No doubt they use a brick oven and it only takes 60 to 90 seconds to cooks the pizza. I try to get a seat at the bar area and watch them prepare and cook the pizza.. Interesting to see it cook so fast, they also make one where they put a raw egg on top, I have not tried it but looks interesting.