SUV shopping

Keira

Gold Member
All right, peeps, help me out. Need to replace my 4Runner (which was totaled in a wreck)and looking for something similar, most specifically on a truck chasis. I don't want one of those faux SUV crossover things; I have to tow a boat and an RV. (And, the new 4Runners are u-g-l-y!)

Shout out your faves! :)

CCLady

We recently totaled our Altima and thought we'd check out an Suv. Test drove Pathfinder (rode a little rough for our still sore bodies, not enough leg clearance in the backseat area, but it would haul about anything.), Murano (very comfortable, but marginal towing capability), 4Runner (More comfortable ride than the Pathfinder and more backseat legroom, and could haul anything.

Since we also have a truck, we opted to go back into another Altima!

lthrnk

Get a new 4Runner and get used to the changed looks. I know several people that own 4Runners ranging from 1999 models to 2007s. They all think they are the best vehicle ever made.

I understand the need to tow and agree CRV won't help with that need. However I can't help those who might lol at the CRV thinking about all the $50-$75 fillups other SUV owners get to enjoy with their whopping 14mpg around town. Sometimes practical is cool.

Keira

Gold Member
After looking at almost a dozen cars, we're buying another 4Runner. Anti-climatic, I know.

BUT... FYI, if anyone else is in the market... you can get an amazing deal on a black 2010 Mercedes MLclass diesel SUV at Ewing Autohaus. If we didn't go off-road, we would have bought that one.

hockeymom

Diamond Member
BUT... FYI, if anyone else is in the market... you can get an amazing deal on a black 2010 Mercedes MLclass diesel SUV at Ewing Autohaus. If we didn't go off-road, we would have bought that one.
Hmm; we went by there today but then it started pouring rain so we didn't get out to look. I may have to check that one out....but it's probably more than I want to spend & I'm not wild about the braking system in the Mercedes (they are great cars though!). I'm wanting to trade my suburban in as it's too big...I may or may not be making the trade; I change my mind everytime I go & look at cars and see the sticker price on them...lol! It always makes my suburban look much better to me!!!