Stonebriar Mall Kiosks

Does anyone else have a huge problem even trying to walk the lower level of the mall without being attacked? The people working at the kiosks (especially the makeup guys by Abercrombie) drive me insane! Even when I'm on the phone they try and stop me!!! I have started to hate even trying to get into Victoria's Secret, Express, ect. Honestly, I can't think of any other mall in Dallas that has such a problem! :mad:

Does anyone else have a problem with people talking on their cell phone while walking through the mall? Get off the phone or get out of the way!

Does anyone else have a problem with people talking on their cell phone while walking through the mall? Get off the phone or get out of the way!
I know what you mean. I pay attention and only talk when I need to. I can't stand when people do or almost walk right into you!

scraven68

Silver Member
Just keep on going. They are trying to make sales of course, but most of them are Israeli or middle eastern, and are not too familiar with the "American" sense of "personal space". They are hard nosed about trying to make that sale. And are pretty aggressive about it.

Simply ignore them and they will usually stop bothering you.

Better yet, lodge a complaint with all the "in-line" stores you are attempting to get to. If they feel that they are going to lose potential customers, they will most likely complain to mall management who will then hopefully in turn do something about the kiosks. (yeah right)

Those kiosks are there for one thing, and one thing ONLY to the mall, RENT payments! They will certainly do anything they can to keep these places there to keep that $$ coming in.

However, the larger corporate permanent tenants generate a LOT more revenue for them, so they would surely do something to keep THOSE places happier, more so than the kiosks. (snicker)

This has been happening for years not only at Stonebriar but at a LOT of malls. The kiosks are STILL there and still using the same tactics with the same seemingly endless pool of Middle Eastern employees, so I don't think much will ever change.

The mall will most likely give you the canned "we'll handle it" response to complaints, but rarely do anything but maybe issue a "violation" to the kiosk, which they (the kiosk) conveniently laugh off.

I can't do that. I'm only pretending I'm on the phone as I walk by the annoying kiosks in the mall, so as to avoid having my hair curled (against my will) or told that I'm the most beautiful woman the guy with the cuticle strengthener kit has ever seen. I'm onto you, cuticle cream guy....I feel pretty certain that you're cheating on me with that woman right behind me....and that woman right in front of me. ;)

I just give them a terse "No, thank you" and a frown - usually before they say anything more than "Excuse Me".

I actually find the kiosk people at the Galleria to be even worse. North Park doesn't have kiosks. I don't recall having any issues at Willow Bend, either.

Yes, I spend too much time window shopping (but I count running away from the kiosk vendors as part of my daily cardio).

I can't do that. I'm only pretending I'm on the phone as I walk by the annoying kiosks in the mall, so as to avoid having my hair curled (against my will) or told that I'm the most beautiful woman the guy with the cuticle strengthener kit has ever seen. I'm onto you, cuticle cream guy....I feel pretty certain that you're cheating on me with that woman right behind me....and that woman right in front of me. ;)
Oh yea, I've gotten the "you're so gorgeus" thing from them too. What's weird is that on the other side of the mall, I don't seem to have that problem.

I just give them a terse "No, thank you" and a frown - usually before they say anything more than "Excuse Me".

I actually find the kiosk people at the Galleria to be even worse. North Park doesn't have kiosks. I don't recall having any issues at Willow Bend, either.

Yes, I spend too much time window shopping (but I count running away from the kiosk vendors as part of my daily cardio).
That's odd, I've never had a problem at the Galleria. All in all, it's just flat annoying.

GoodAg

Double Platinum
I actually stopped at one of the microwave-the-beads-in-fabric-and-it-turns-into-a-heating-pad places a couple years back as my sister wanted one. After I bought it, I tried to help them with their approach and show them how to not be so pushy.

I was there for about 15 minutes talking to people passing by, but not being pushy, and the people I talked to were friendly back. Now, I didn't sell anything, so maybe my approach wasn't good, but the kiosk workers got such a kick out of me doing that that they gave me a night mask with lavender in it for free. :)

2Fro1

When they approach me with the "excuse me ma'am can I ask you just one question?" I reply with "you just asked me one question and my answer is no" That tends to confuse them and they walk away :)

FlyBy

Bronze Member
My DH has been banned from that Mall. He has a giant E Z plastered across his forehead. He came home with multiple bags filled with stuff all from just those kiosks. He never even made it into any of the stores he went there originally for. I asked him to return some of it and he came back with MORE than he left with. No morz malz for yuz!!:hug:

snl2

Bronze Member
My DH has been banned from that Mall. He has a giant E Z plastered across his forehead. He came home with multiple bags filled with stuff all from just those kiosks. He never even made it into any of the stores he went there originally for. I asked him to return some of it and he came back with MORE than he left with. No morz malz for yuz!!:hug:
I second that! Mine came home with a helicopter, it didn't work properly so he went to return it and came home with it PLUS a bigger one! Then when neither worked right and he went back the kiosk was apparently gone!

iggs

I have lived in a few different states and trust me this is not just at Stonebriar. The kiosks are in many metro- malls in the US. I swear these people all must got through the same training (how to acoste shoppers 101) program. I am very good at tunnel vision or the quick "no thanks with the power walk."

I have lived in a few different states and trust me this is not just at Stonebriar. The kiosks are in many metro- malls in the US. I swear these people all must got through the same training (how to acoste shoppers 101) program. I am very good at tunnel vision or the quick "no thanks with the power walk."
Don't forget that these malls are owned by large corporations; thus, the same in most of them.

Ironspike

Silver Member
I start biting on my left hand while slapping my head with my other hand - and saying in a loud voice "WHY YOU YELLING AT ME!".

People tend to leave me alone. Usually at the point, so does the family.

van

Diamond Member
I do the same thing I do coming through customs. Pinch the kids until they start wailing. They never bother me then

Floridaguy

Diamond Member
I keep telling you people....wear a yamulke and the secular Israeli vendors will run the other way when you show up.

Not really....they usually give me a polite "Shalom Aleichem" and then leave me alone. But they never try to sell me a thing.

After being told by a friend that these people hate to be embarrassed or humiliated, I found the perfect way to keep them at bay, as well as help the people behind me...

I simply say in rather loud voice "Hey, you're in my personal space, backoff before I call Security!" Works every time as they are so mortified that they actually leave everybody alone for a while. Yes, they will go back to their tactics after a while, but it helps at the time.

Telling them "no thank you" or "leave me alone" or "I'm not interested" in a raised voice so other shoppers can hear you will do the trick nicely. And if more people do it then they will hopefully learn and change their tactics. Give it a try... there's nothing to lose.