So long Frisco! Hello LE!

zubie75082

Silver Member
After moving back to Dallas after college and spending the last 8 years in an apartment in Frisco, I am closing on a house in Little Elm in a couple weeks! I am really excited :)

Who has all the scoop on LE? Best hole in the wall restaurant? Best gym in the area? Best service for things like handymen, mechanics, yard services, etc.

golfacct

Silver Member
I lived in LE for 7 years and never really did anything there. Lived right at the 423 Eldorado border. So my thoughts, go into Frisco for everything.

boiler01

Silver Member
Good for you!!! I have no recommendations on places, just enjoy the move! Pride in ownership is worth the expense imo. Congrats!

debw712

Diamond Member
After moving back to Dallas after college and spending the last 8 years in an apartment in Frisco, I am closing on a house in Little Elm in a couple weeks! I am really excited :)

Who has all the scoop on LE? Best hole in the wall restaurant? Best gym in the area? Best service for things like handymen, mechanics, yard services, etc.
Well, there is a placed call Romas in The Colony (nearby) that is excellent

Tommy & Sons Movers (FOL Sponsor) ( I know them outside of FOL and for some ridiculous reason am required to mention that every single time now) Moves Frisco to LE and TC all day every day for great rates and service

They are building a ton of stuff over that way including something akin to 700 new houses, so more retail etc should follow.

If you drive down King's road out that way and see a huge black cow that looks like he/she is stuck in the fence, it is not stuck and the Denton County Sheriff is tired of coming out to see to that :p

Rooster

Silver Member
I dig Rock 101 at 423 and El Dorado. Decent bar grub and live music. Used to go to the Lions Den across the street, but the crowd has been a bit tough lately for my taste.

bizguy

Diamond Member

That was a brave choice... hope you make it!

;)

pearceg

Diamond Member
Not to mention the necessities like best decorative window bars company, best home security system, and closest liquor store. ;)

Congratulations! Ive always liked Little Elm. I like several of the authentic hole in the wall restaurants there...we always go to LE for tacos and I cant remember the name of the spot I like best. Ive used the 24-hr Fitness on corner of Eldorado and FM423 for years and like it. I heard it gets crowded during peak times, but I always go at weird times, like 10 pm at night. I also like the Little Elm Park off of Eldorado. It was one of the few places I found off Lake Lewisville with free beach area, easy access and restaurant/restrooms. When the weather is nice I go sit out on the sand and read and enjoy a little of nature. There is also a walking trail that circles around the lake that is nice and wide if you have a dog it is perfect for dog walking. Im also excited about the new McCord park opening soon off FM 423.... I lve in West Frisco and it is very near me! It will have a disc golf course, a nice jogging/biking trail, and picnic areas....covering 38 acreas. Very excited as I love nature and being outdoors.

For lawncare, you wont need much at this time of the year when grass is dormant, but I cannot recommend this guy enough. He is based out of West Frisco, so check and see if he covers your area. Wonderful to do business with! You can just email him, no phone chasing required :)

Carl Hames
Perfect Green Landscape Maintenance
carl@perfectgreendfw.com

Come back to visit us in Frisco once in a while. Despite what others have said, there is a friendly guard that works at one of the gates along the FM 423 wall who will let you back into Frisco if you entertain him. I usually wear a poodle skirt and tap shoes - I dance a little jig and sing a few 50s songs. He's partial to Mel Torme. Eventually he'll look my way with his one good eye and wave me through. He doesn't speak much English but he has inquired about additional favors from me. (I now give him some cheap liquor and cigars also, but I'm not going any further LOL.) Still worth it to visit my friends over the border ;)

Last edited:

Mom+4

Silver Member
Congratulations! Ive always liked Little Elm. I like several of the authentic hole in the wall restaurants there...we always go to LE for tacos and I cant remember the name of the spot I like best. Ive used the 24-hr Fitness on corner of Eldorado and FM423 for years and like it. I heard it gets crowded during peak times, but I always go at weird times, like 10 pm at night. I also like the Little Elm Park off of Eldorado. It was one of the few places I found off Lake Lewisville with free beach area, easy access and restaurant/restrooms. When the weather is nice I go sit out on the sand and read and enjoy a little of nature. There is also a walking trail that circles around the lake that is nice and wide if you have a dog it is perfect for dog walking. Im also excited about the new McCord park opening soon off FM 423.... I lve in West Frisco and it is very near me! It will have a disc golf course, a nice jogging/biking trail, and picnic areas....covering 38 acreas. Very excited as I love nature and being outdoors.
LE has a really nice park by the lake. Was quite impressed when I was out an event a few weeks ago.

roberts933

Bronze Member
There are great people here. Roma's is good - we love Palio's at 423/Eldorado. The Farmer's market will return in the spring in the Hobby Lobby parking lot.
Little Elm Park and the trails are great....the beach is fun in the summer. Little Elm is making a lot of improvements and we have lived here since 2002. It's amazing how much has changed. For the better.

Invader

Silver Member
There are great people here. Roma's is good - we love Palio's at 423/Eldorado. The Farmer's market will return in the spring in the Hobby Lobby parking lot.
Little Elm Park and the trails are great....the beach is fun in the summer. Little Elm is making a lot of improvements and we have lived here since 2002. It's amazing how much has changed. For the better.
Maybe it is just me, but I have been going to Roma's since 2007 and the last three times we did not think it was as good has it has been. Even the garlic rolls were an odd flavor last week. We inquired about and was told nothing had changed, but that we were not the only ones to ask...:shrug:

Skeeter

Platinum Member
Try The Waters Edge cafe. It is behind the new Chevron gas station. There is a Bruno's Pizza in the same shopping center.

ExCalGal

Bronze Member
Maybe it is just me, but I have been going to Roma's since 2007 and the last three times we did not think it was as good has it has been. Even the garlic rolls were an odd flavor last week. We inquired about and was told nothing had changed, but that we were not the only ones to ask...:shrug:

Found this to be true about the one in The Colony too. Used to go there weekly, then took a break, when we went back it was TERRIBLE. Starting with the garlic rolls and then the lasagna was frozen in the middle. No thanks, won't go back. The Water's Edge is very good.