Shooting at the Washington Navy Yard

SleepyDad

Silver Member
Now they're saying two shooters down...

"Navy official says two shooters are 'down' at Washington Navy Yard at a building housing the Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters"

Source: FoxNews.com

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
Yeah, I'm not putting much stock in what the media says at this point. Even the LE community doesn't have all of the facts at this point I think.

rawhide

Diamond Member
Deceased shooter is black male.

2 other suspected shooter are a white male and a black male, dressed in military style uniforms.

Mayor of DC stated they hold another press conference in a few hours.

At this point, anything reported is speculation.

pearceg

Diamond Member
CNN anchor: "Have you ever heard of this happening before?"

Anchoring the coverage of an ongoing mass shooting at the Washington Naval Yard, CNN anchor Carol Costello quizzed a producer on the scene about whether a military base like this has ever come under attack by a gunman before.

“I used to work in Washington, live in Washington. This seems so unusual to me that a gunman could create this kind of havoc at a U.S. military facility,” Costello asked her producer, Brian Todd. “Have you ever heard of this happening before, Brian?”
:facepalm:

“Well, we haven’t either in this area, Carol,” Todd replied. “This is the first time we’ve seen something like this, at least in many, many years. Now you remember the Fort Hood shooting in 2009, where that was a member of the service who was convicted eventually of doing that shooting.”
:facepalm::facepalm:

rawhide

Diamond Member
Several injured, along with some Capital Police officers.

Investigation is being transferred over to the FBI.

Still looking for 2 suspects, white male khaki uniform and a black male, olive uniform.

Prayers and thoughts for the family and loved ones of the 12 murdered.

perseco

Double Platinum
Several injured, along with some Capital Police officers.

Investigation is being transferred over to the FBI.

Still looking for 2 suspects, white male khaki uniform and a black male, olive uniform.

Prayers and thoughts for the family and loved ones of the 12 murdered.
This is getting very interesting though... the shooters were middle-aged... this is extremely unusual.