Roofing company suggestions needed

Opus

Silver Member
I'm trying to get my roof replaced from the hail storm last year. My issue is I need a company that can also do siding and hopefully outside painting and staining. I had a company come out in April that said they could do everything but they thought the insurance company wasn't paying what was needed for all the jobs. They were supposed to be negotiating with the insurance company but they haven't answered my last 3 or 4 emails over the last month. I guess I need to find someone else but most seem to only do roofing. Any suggestions.

jays2000

Ask for Phillip at Advantage Roofing Company. They contracted the work on the drip edge, painting, and gutters. He handled all the work with the insurance company and made it a smooth and easy process.

214-909-8006

nayar69

Bronze Member
Town and Country Roofing...they're local, do everything you mentioned and have negotiated with our insurance for what is needed to complete the job for us.

Opus

Silver Member
Town and Country Roofing...they're local, do everything you mentioned and have negotiated with our insurance for what is needed to complete the job for us.
They do not anymore. That is who I originally used for my roof a couple of years ago and when I called about it this time they said they would only do the roof.

I had a great experience with David Martin and Son. They did a lot of houses in our HOA after the hailstorm earlier this year. I have zero complaints.

nayar69

Bronze Member
They do not anymore. That is who I originally used for my roof a couple of years ago and when I called about it this time they said they would only do the roof.
I'd be interested in who you spoke with because we're considering them for our job.

I am in the middle of doing a roof with SL Nabors. What I like is they went back to the insurance company and filed for suppliments BEFORE doing the work. I got a check for $8000 MORE before the work started. Once the supppliments were done I could then choose which work I really wanted done.

Do I really need to get the fence restained now? Those dings on the AC really are not hurting the AC?? Do I need to get all the gutters replaced??

By paring down the actual work I can just about eliminate my out of pocket deductible.

Opus

Silver Member
I'd be interested in who you spoke with because we're considering them for our job.
I believe his name was Jeff but I'm not positive. It was one of their estimators. I guess they could have changed again. I haven't spoken to them since late last year.

Opus

Silver Member
I am in the middle of doing a roof with SL Nabors. What I like is they went back to the insurance company and filed for suppliments BEFORE doing the work. I got a check for $8000 MORE before the work started. Once the supppliments were done I could then choose which work I really wanted done.

Do I really need to get the fence restained now? Those dings on the AC really are not hurting the AC?? Do I need to get all the gutters replaced??

By paring down the actual work I can just about eliminate my out of pocket deductible.
That is what the current company says they were doing. They don't really do all the other work, they are basically the contractor and they sub the jobs out to others. He said the insurance should be paying a "profit margin" on these jobs. I had the insurance guy (Allstate) call me personally and tell me their was no way in h$ll they would pay anymore, that I should be doing the sub-contracting work myself.

Also, watch out with the work you don't get done. The insurance checked mine the last time I had the roof done and they removed the amounts for new gutters since I didn't get it done and I ended up having to pay more out of pocket than I was expecting.

I use Kurt at Griffith Roofing, we do about 50 jobs a year with Griffith in my brokerage and he consistently delivers great value and delivery.

That is what the current company says they were doing. They don't really do all the other work, they are basically the contractor and they sub the jobs out to others. He said the insurance should be paying a "profit margin" on these jobs. I had the insurance guy (Allstate) call me personally and tell me their was no way in h$ll they would pay anymore, that I should be doing the sub-contracting work myself.

Also, watch out with the work you don't get done. The insurance checked mine the last time I had the roof done and they removed the amounts for new gutters since I didn't get it done and I ended up having to pay more out of pocket than I was expecting.
My guy is prime contractor. I've never had Farmers go back and verify and regardless unless you were looking for residual for work not performed which is wrong. You still incurred the loss regardless if it repaired or not.

Opus

Silver Member
I guess that isn't the way allstate sees it. When they sent the final check for the depreciation difference they deducted the amount of the gutters since they were not replaced. They just had a few dings in them and looked fine unless you got right up to them so I didn't replace them.

And my guy is the prime contractor on my job. Allstate says they won't pay him any profit for the sub-work.

I'm dropping Allstate once this all done. They keep getting more and more expensive and their customer service seems to keep getting worse.

Opus

Silver Member
Oh, now I understand. To claim depreciation, yes, you do need to do the work. Otherwise they will not pay the depreciation.
It wasn't the depreciation, it was the entire amount of the gutters. They just deducted from the depreciation check instead of asking for me to repay it out of the original check.

Opus

Silver Member
Well, I gave them one last chance. I emailed the owner about a week ago and I guess he was too busy to reply. Someone else at the office replied and said they would get back to me the next day. It has been a week now and nothing. My only worry is I signed a paper for them to do the work back in April. The guy said it was required or the insurance company wouldn't talk to them. I just hope they don't try and say I owe them if I get someone else to do the work. I honestly don't think they would have even gotten back to me if I didn't keep emailing them.

J.R.

Gold Member
I guess that isn't the way allstate sees it. When they sent the final check for the depreciation difference they deducted the amount of the gutters since they were not replaced. They just had a few dings in them and looked fine unless you got right up to them so I didn't replace them.

And my guy is the prime contractor on my job. Allstate says they won't pay him any profit for the sub-work.

I'm dropping Allstate once this all done. They keep getting more and more expensive and their customer service seems to keep getting worse.
Years ago when big hail hit Prosper we did lots of paint work up there, Allstate customers all cussed them. Same with my buddies mom in Mesquite, everybody around her got new roofs due to hail but Allstate claimed hers didn't get hit.........must have been a miracle......she's older and finally got tired of arguing with them. Just had mine replaced, I have USAA and they didn't bat an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

I used Pro Roofing in Tioga.

planomateo

Platinum Member
Hell, insurance was the easy thing for me to deal with the Prosper hail damage. I had travellers at the time, they were awesome. Wells Fargo held the note to my home, they were the biggest issue I had. Sending the check in 1/3's and sending out inspectors between the 2nd and 3rd checks.

Bunch of BS if you ask me.