Romo No Mo

Sumtingwong

I didn't care for him as a player, he just didn't have the championship pedigree to win the big game. I will probably change channel if I have to look at his silly grin again.

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
I didn't care for him as a player, he just didn't have the championship pedigree to win the big game. I will probably change channel if I have to look at his silly grin again.
His statistics show otherwise. It wasn't his fault that he never won a championship given that he played with crap teams for most of his career. One person doesn't make a team. He never had a championship team to work with.

Sumtingwong

His statistics show otherwise. It wasn't his fault that he never won a championship given that he played with crap teams for most of his career. One person doesn't make a team. He never had a championship team to work with.
No doubt he had some good stats, He probably could of won a Superbowl if the NFL didn't have a 4th quarter.

He did have a chance to pick his team this year, but in true fashion he decided to quit.

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
No doubt he had some good stats, He probably could of won a Superbowl if the NFL didn't have a 4th quarter.

He did have a chance to pick his team this year, but in true fashion he decided to quit.
Given his age and the fact that he has suffered serious injuries it wouldn't have been too smart to continue playing. Smart move was to take the network money as an analyst.

Chris1771

Silver Member
Given his age and the fact that he has suffered serious injuries it wouldn't have been too smart to continue playing. Smart move was to take the network money as an analyst.
This. Romo has small kids that he should take the time to enjoy. No sense in risking a debilitating injury - he has made a fortune and now can pivot to the next challenge in his career.

Always enjoyed watching him play.

Sumtingwong

No doubt he made the smart move, but a true compettior probably would of wanted to try to go out on top with a ring

Statistics and reality show that he seemed to excel in the 4th quarter. That you let a few failed attempts make up your mind is your problem, not his.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm
I quit watching him after his second season as a starter, He did great the first season when he took over after that I watched maybe one and half season and just couldn't stand to watch him play. I would watch him on the sideline with that silly grin on his face after losing a game or having a bad game and I had to stop watching. He just didn't have the Championship pedigree to win the big game when it counted. Danny White was able to take his teams deeper into the playoff than romo could or did.

I quit watching him after his second season as a starter, He did great the first season when he took over after that I watched maybe one and half season and just couldn't stand to watch him play. I would watch him on the sideline with that silly grin on his face after losing a game or having a bad game and I had to stop watching. He just didn't have the Championship pedigree to win the big game when it counted. Danny White was able to take his teams deeper into the playoff than romo could or did.
Danny White had better teams than Romo did.

That you stopped watching shows a lack of knowledge. I am not a Cowboy fan at all, I cheer when they lose in fact. But Romo was the sole reason they were 8-8 instead of 4-12. Just look at the history before he took over. And I am betting against another 12-4 season with Prescott. Any takers?

Danny White had better teams than Romo did.

That you stopped watching shows a lack of knowledge. I am not a Cowboy fan at all, I cheer when they lose in fact. But Romo was the sole reason they were 8-8 instead of 4-12. Just look at the history before he took over. And I am betting against another 12-4 season with Prescott. Any takers?
Romo had some great teams, Romo was probably a better QB but White had more heart and lead this teams the NFC championship 3 times.

I don't see Dak having a 12 - 4 record this year either. It would be nice to see Dallas pick up some pass rushers this off season.

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
Romo had some great teams, Romo was probably a better QB but White had more heart and lead this teams the NFC championship 3 times.

I don't see Dak having a 12 - 4 record this year either. It would be nice to see Dallas pick up some pass rushers this off season.
Statements like this are typical of haters who really can't make a an objective argument because the facts are against them. So they make this kind of vague, meaningless statement which, without actually knowing the person, are pure hyperbole.

rawhide

Diamond Member
No doubt he made the smart move, but a true compettior probably would of wanted to try to go out on top with a ring
So, if you ain't first, you're last, right?

Tell us about your vast sports accomplishments and being a true competitor- as a professional athlete of course.

Chris1771

Silver Member
Romo and heart...you mean the guy who played through a cracked rib and a punctured lung? What does a person need to do in your eyes to have "heart"? Because to me, a guy who plays in that situation has heart.

I'll also let you in on a little secret...heart does not win sporting competitions. Having heart lead to a win sounds nice, but it doesn't in and of itself lead to a win. It just keeps you going when things aren't optimal or seem lost. You still have to perform, along with everyone else on the field, to beat the other guy.

But go ahead and attack Romo's heart with your lackluster judgement, and dismiss his stats. I'm not sure anyone cares about your opinion anyway.

So, if you ain't first, you're last, right?

Tell us about your vast sports accomplishments and being a true competitor- as a professional athlete of course.
I left USA when I was 16 and moved to Leeds England to pursue a career as a soccer player, spent 6 months there and came back to USA. This was way back when soccer wasn't a very popular sport in America.

Romo and heart...you mean the guy who played through a cracked rib and a punctured lung? What does a person need to do in your eyes to have "heart"? Because to me, a guy who plays in that situation has heart.
Watch Emmit Smith against the Giants when he had a dislocated shoulder, That was heart and he also won the game with his heart of a Champion.