Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory on Preston Rd.

I was soo upset & very disappointed yesterday with the staff at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory on Preston Rd. As Valentine's Day gifts for my husband & my two boys I placed an order the day before Valentine's Day for three different kinds of carmel candy apples and was asked what time I wanted to pick them up on that day, so I said 6pm. I got there to pick them up yesterday at 6pm and one of the ladies there tells me..."oh about your order, I have some bad news". I stood there like WTH now!!! So the lady goes on to tell me that they had had some equipment trouble and they were not able to make any candy apples. She said I meant to call you earlier but got busy. Of course I was beyond upset & really wanted to scream my head off so I just walked away & left the store!!!:mad:

I really think that was very unprofessional of them not to call and notify me...I mean who does that??? I totally understand that they had equipment failure but not calling me if what really ticked me off!!! You can't run a buisness like that...especially on such a busy day!!!:nono:
Luckly I found some candy apples at Tom Thumb & settled for them.

I was soo upset & very disappointed yesterday with the staff at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory on Preston Rd. As Valentine's Day gifts for my husband & my two boys I placed an order the day before Valentine's Day for three different kinds of carmel candy apples and was asked what time I wanted to pick them up on that day, so I said 6pm. I got there to pick them up yesterday at 6pm and one of the ladies there tells me..."oh about your order, I have some bad news". I stood there like WTH now!!! So the lady goes on to tell me that they had had some equipment trouble and they were not able to make any candy apples. She said I meant to call you earlier but got busy. Of course I was beyond upset & really wanted to scream my head off so I just walked away & left the store!!!:mad:

I really think that was very unprofessional of them not to call and notify me...I mean who does that??? I totally understand that they had equipment failure but not calling me if what really ticked me off!!! You can't run a buisness like that...especially on such a busy day!!!:nono:
Who does that?

Have you ever made a mistake before ever in your life?

Human beings working in a high demand store on one of the busiest days of the year after experiencing equipment failure. Yes, you should have been called, but things happen. It doesn't sound like she was rude or nasty to you otherwise you would have mentioned that, too. It was a mistake...it is a darn shame that you let it ruin your Valentine's Day to the point of still being mad enough to post about it the next day.

Put a smile on your face & be glad you don't have much bigger things to be upset about. :)

sundae

Gold Member

I feel bad for you. Sure, stuff happens, but if they had just called you, you could have made alternate arrangements.

hockeymom

Diamond Member
So sorry that happened to you ~ yes, Valentines is their busiest day (week!) by far. I went in three different times to pick up things that I needed this week & they were swamped each time. I am a frequent customer & have been for years. I know both the husband/wife owners & they bend over backwards to run that shop well. Personally, I've never had a bad experience....too bad that it didn't work out for you. Give them another chance ~ I'm sure you'll be happy! (Tiger butter is outta this world....as are the pecan caramel apples! Dh loves the truffles the best....and the kids like the choc covered nutter butters & the bear claws!)

I am sorry to here that RMC had problems and that they did not call you. I hope you will give them another chance. I am a long term customer and know the owners are very attentive.

You should have just given your husband some morning sex the next day. After this - since you would have already been up a quick trip to the donut shop would have made the kids happy.

lesscrazy

Bronze Member
Off thread a bit (but this is FOL) but I do really miss that little german guy that used to make his own chocolates near the Preston & Main intersection.
I'm glad someone else remembers him. If I remember right, he was retired from Brachs and came to Frisco to be near his Grandchildren. He made his own versions of Milky Ways and Snickers and he made a cashew Snicker also.
I took my mother-in-law into his shop and he flirted with her the whole time, insisting she try everything.
Frisco was a very charming place back then. Thanks for bringing him to mind.

I'm glad someone else remembers him. If I remember right, he was retired from Brachs and came to Frisco to be near his Grandchildren. He made his own versions of Milky Ways and Snickers and he made a cashew Snicker also.
I took my mother-in-law into his shop and he flirted with her the whole time, insisting she try everything.
Frisco was a very charming place back then. Thanks for bringing him to mind.
He made some outstanding butter creams too ! He moved over to Richardson to be near the kids and had a store over there for a year but than I heard he ran into health problems.

That Tiger Butter at RMC is awesome. Add a quart of milk to drink with that stuff and I'm in heaven. Maybe not as good as morning sex but the closest thing to it that you can legally buy in Frisco !

Last edited:
My husband used to bring me candy from him all the time and I loved those more than any other candies he's ever bought me. Miss that fella.

MHTFrisco, I don't blame you a bit for being upset that the business did not call to notify you they wouldn't be able to complete your order. Yes, I understand they were busy and made a mistake in not calling you during their busy time, but good business practices would have been to offer you some sort of solution such as some other type of candy and a voucher to come back for some candy apples FREE. That is the kind of customer service that keeps the customer coming back. Instead, you had to come up with a solution at the ninth hour and were probably frazzled by the time you got home.

Do you think you will ever return to Rocky Mountain Chocolates? I doubt it. And that's another reason they should have done everything in their power to make you a happy customer, ... because then you would come back.

Business 101 folks.

MHTFrisco, I don't blame you a bit for being upset that the business did not call to notify you they wouldn't be able to complete your order. Yes, I understand they were busy and made a mistake in not calling you during their busy time, but good business practices would have been to offer you some sort of solution such as some other type of candy and a voucher to come back for some candy apples FREE. That is the kind of customer service that keeps the customer coming back. Instead, you had to come up with a solution at the ninth hour and were probably frazzled by the time you got home.

Do you think you will ever return to Rocky Mountain Chocolates? I doubt it. And that's another reason they should have done everything in their power to make you a happy customer, ... because then you would come back.

Business 101 folks.
I agree with you 100%, but the OP said she was so mad that she just left. It doesn't sound like the lady had much of an opportunity to offer something in exchange.

I have been into that RMCF a few times since we have lived here & it is an older, VERY nice couple that own/run the place. I had a similar incident there a few years ago & they bent over backwards to fix the problem...because I didn't get so "mad I could scream my head off" & tried to be understanding. They fixed the problem & that is my go to place when I need to get a chocolate gift.

jenniff9

Mr. Larson's! His chocolates were the best!! I miss his candy and his free samples too! Those were the good ole days! He did move to Richardson and open a shop there for a few years but I believe he passed away. He was a good man!

Should of just got them all some "Cheeba Chews" everyone loves those and would of been so happy. I do suggest never eating more than a third maybe a half if you are feeling frisky. It's like a tootsie roll and taste just like them also but don't think RMC sells them.

Just give them a try and let me know what you think.