RIP Robin Williams

binbunch

Platinum Member
Some deaths hit you harder than others. For some reason, this one hurts. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I know depression lies but how this man could not know the joy he brought to so many, I just don't understand. To me, he was one if the funniest, quick thinking comics ever. RIP Robin, RIP...

boiler01

Silver Member
Very few celebrity deaths bring a tear to my eye. I feel for their family's loss but do not grieve. This one however breaks my heart. Not just because he was a great comedian but rather for the silly man I met many years ago at a Special Olympics event in L.A.

He genuinely loved volunteering with the kids and was great to my brother and I who were obsessed with Mork and Mindy reruns. I was probably 8 or 9 at the time and I still remember him posing for pictures with us and telling jokes with my brother.

Depression is an ugly monster and I am truly sad he had to experience such despair.

aggieteach

Double Platinum
Some deaths hit you harder than others. For some reason, this one hurts. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I know depression lies but how this man could not know the joy he brought to so many, I just don't understand. To me, he was one if the funniest, quick thinking comics ever. RIP Robin, RIP...
Many times comedians and those who laugh to make the mood lighter are really suffering inside. I am sure he knew that he brought happiness to others, but did not feel that happiness. Guaranteed only those closest to him knew how low he was and how much he was suffering inside, because he was good at faking a smile and cracking a joke.

kse

Bronze Member
So so sad. I loved him and hate the disease he tried and I am proud of him trying his whole life to get better. It just takes so many wonderful people;not saying just celebrities. All I could say when I read the article was "no,no,no". Love and comfort to his family