Recycling Electronics- Who Takes Items?

sundae

Gold Member
We have two old computer monitors (one CRT & one small flatscreen) and one old PC (minus the hard drive, of course). Where can we take these items to dispose of them without a charge to us? Or can they be donated to a non-profit? I am not looking for a receipt. I just want these items out of storage in my attic.

Last edited:

Kenda

Platinum Member
Chunk Your Junk at IKEA is greatness. It's either this weekend or next. I don't have my flyer anymore. I hope someone here has the date. It's easy and free for city residents.

penguin

Diamond Member
Frisco Resale has tightened up a bit. They hand out a half-page flyer listing what they no longer accept, and that includes TVs more than 5 years old, and computers more than 3 years old. Lots of stuff they used to take is history now.

Golfer Girl

Triple Platinum
Last edited:
Send a PM to jjglo - FOL'er .. he may take them. He rebuilds PCs etc. and resells at a modest price. He took quite a few things off my hands a year or so back.

penguin

Diamond Member
per Golfer Girl:
"...many do not know this, but in the state of Texas you must be able to dispose of your old computer equipment at no cost to you..."

Are you saying that all kinds of recyclers (like Frisco's "chunk your junk" operation) who do charge a fee to accept some old electronics are in violation of Texas law? If so, what law?