RATS please help

Foxy2

I have rats in my garage and attic. I've been told it's because of the construction. I'm needing to have my home sealed and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If you have any suggestions on who can seal my home, please forward me the information. Terminix said they would charge about 2K.

No way to seal a home. Rats are just that good. Save your money and grab some antifreeze. Put it in a dish in the attic if you know where they are at. Poof no rats.

Winter time rats want food - use poison. Summer time - rats want water - use antifreeze.

Close up any rat holes you can see. with CONCRETE because they can chew through anything else.

+1 for Frisco Colony Pest Control .. they helped me last year with a rat problem. I knew that sucker was a goner when I found its carcass back by my pool equipment under an old flower pot. He gave me some bait blocks to put up in the attic and that's what did them in!

sundae

Gold Member
Just be super careful about using poisoned bait. Just this week, I know of two people whose pets have been accidentally poisoned by eating the bait or eating a poisoned rat. I am all about using the snaptraps. But, I have a new weapon in my arsenal and I am super excited to try it out. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CM859OA

My friend has one and has reported great success.

van

Diamond Member
Yeah,I'd recommend no on poison. Nothing worse than a rotting rodent in the walls. Grab a couple reusable traps from Home Depot. Cheese, be diligent to change them daily. Otherwise other rats will eat their carcasses. If you keep at it, you can be rid of them yourself

Go to Geebo's Feed Supply in McKinney and purchase "Just one bite!" I use this and it works like a charm. They will leave your house to go find water, and then die somewhere else.

sundae

Gold Member
Go to Geebo's Feed Supply in McKinney and purchase "Just one bite!" I use this and it works like a charm. They will leave your house to go find water, and then die somewhere else.
The active ingredient in this product is bromethalin. Unlike the traditional baits, which use anticoagulants to cause lethal bleeding, bromethalin is a neurotoxin and has no antidote. NONE. It can kill a dog or cat who eats the bait. It can also cause secondary poisoning if a pet eats a poisoned rat.

I used the Raticator available from Amazon in my backyard and I caught one every night for about a week. My Rat problems are gone. Just don't leave the Raticator out when it rains.

I had them real bad under my 10X16 shed in my backyard. Contacted MetroGuard Pest control $100 + $20 warranty(refill for free up to 6 months) put out 3 bait stations, as well as moth balls (Yuck, but it works they won't come around because of the smell) under the shed and just a few in my attic and garage All gone now.