Questions about getting my teen's ears pierced

S

strohman

You people who pierce infants and newborns ears make me sick. You are not fit as parents. It is absolutely one of the most horrid things on this planet.

Don't you know that hurts the baby? Also, it makes them look like a cheap play toy. Seriously, you do this and your a DB.

Please wait until the baby is at least 8 years old.

Thanks!

~Me~

You people who pierce infants and newborns ears make me sick. You are not fit as parents. It is absolutely one of the most horrid things on this planet.

Don't you know that hurts the baby? Also, it makes them look like a cheap play toy. Seriously, you do this and your a DB.

Thanks!
Infant piercings are a normal part of other cultures. It's not my preference, but I don't look down on others who do this.

your= possessive
you're = contraction of you are

debw712

Diamond Member

Thanks!
So this is to me I guess. Thanks :) Nice to see you.

Why? What is wrong with it? What is it that makes 8 the magic number? I have three great adult kids- no permanent scars from two teeny holes.I don't think it makes them look like a play toy, I think it makes them look ethnic. Circumcision is considered brutal by some people too but hey many of us do it right?

In the old school Italian world, great grandmothers literally wait the hours until they can pass long their infant earrings to the new baby. It is very cultural and where my own daughter (and I ) grew up it was very normal. Pediatricians, jewelry stores all do it. It barely caused a wince, much-less traumatized her so not too sure what happened to you in your life that made judgmental enough to call me "unfit" and a "DB" but I will not rejoinder you with the same pejorative verve.

That is the beauty of this country, we really are free to choose stuff :)

S

strohman

So this is to me I guess. Thanks :) Nice to see you.

Why? What is wrong with it? What is it that makes 8 the magic number? I have three great adult kids- no permanent scars from two teeny holes.I don't think it makes them look like a play toy, I think it makes them look ethnic. Circumcision is considered brutal by some people too but hey many of us do it right?

In the old school Italian world, great grandmothers literally wait the hours until they can pass long their infant earrings to the new baby. It is very cultural and where my own daughter (and I ) grew up it was very normal. Pediatricians, jewelry stores all do it. It barely caused a wince, much-less traumatized her so not too sure what happened to you in your life that made judgmental enough to call me "unfit" and a "DB" but I will not rejoinder you with the same pejorative verve.

That is the beauty of this country, we really are free to choose stuff :)

What?

Thanks!

S

strohman

Infant piercings are a normal part of other cultures. It's not my preference, but I don't look down on others who do this.

your= possessive
you're = contraction of you are
People that go around te Internet and spell check things have no creditbility in my book.

Thanks!

We got my daughter's done at the Dr.s when she was 2 months old. She was getting her shots, so she was already ticked. Figured we couldn't do much better than having the doctor do it.

Just to clarify, but she is 13 now and hasn't started selling her self on the streets. Since she made it from 2 months to 8 without it happening, we will have to find something else to blame it on if she does.

Last edited:

GoodAg

Double Platinum
Just to clarify, but she is 13 now and hasn't started selling her self on the streets. Since she made it from 2 months to 8 without it happening, we will have to find something else to blame it on if she does.
:lolsign: Love it!

At least I know now why this guy always looks so ticked >>> :mamba: It was too-early, parent-forced piercings. :D

sundae

Gold Member
The only reason I would wait is because an older child would be able to tell me if the piercing hurt during the healing process (which might indicate an infection). Also, I have a couple of friends who don't have their ears pierced and never wanted them done.

I had to wait until I was 13. Then, my freshman year of college, I got the second piercings done and, more recently, I had my cartilage pierced. I've said it before, but the needle is really the way to go because the healing time is so much faster and it doesn't crush the cartilage the way a piercing gun does.

I got my ears pierced at LaLobe when I was 8...I am 42 now. Glad to hear they are still around. Back in the dark ages they used a higher quality earring than the mall places. My ears healed very quickly. They also pierced my 2nd hole when I was 13.

Don't get it done in the mall. The people using the guns are mostly teenagers. While there are many teenagers who are responsible young adults, it is different from someone who has experience piercing ears. It's not difficult to use piercing guns, but it's how the gun is angled for the piercing.

Years ago when I got mine done at the mall, the girl lined up the gun to the purple marker dot on my ear, but where the post came out in the back was not straight through. She had angeled the gun when piercing my ear, so now when I wear earrings, one earring will face forward completely, and the other will turn outward. It's even more noticeable if I'm wearing long or big earrings because they both don't face forward.

My dd was 6 when we got hers pierced. We went to Acute Kids, they applied numbing cream for free...then to Sweet and Sassy for the piercing. She had them in for about 7-8 months but when she started volleyball she was not allowed to wear them. We took them out the first practice..only out a couple of hours and her holes started closing up. So we didn't put them back in. It was a bummer. She liked having pierced ears but they just wouldn't heal.