Questions about concert at the Gexa Energy

I have never been to the Gexa Energy Pavillion before. I am wondering how is it like to sit in the lawn area. Do I have to get there early just to get a good seat? or is it assigned (I have no idea, I don't have the ticket). What is it gonna happen if it rains? Can I bring my own food to the lawn area and watch the concert? Do they have restrictions on what I bring and not bring to the concert?
Any tips on where to park? What should I bring to sit on? I know I have a lot of questions here, you can tell I have no clue about any concerts, especially lawn seating. Any information that you provide here will be helpful. Thank you so much.

No assigned seats in the grass, get there early.

Bring a waterproof tarp/sheet of plastic if you think the grass will be wet...like tonight. And a blanket to throw on top of it for when you sit down.

Park at the lots provided, the area is sketchy....

You can't bring any food or drink in whatsover, get ready for expensive beers.

Enjoy!

No assigned seats in the grass, get there early.

Bring a waterproof tarp/sheet of plastic if you think the grass will be wet...like tonight. And a blanket to throw on top of it for when you sit down.

Park at the lots provided, the area is sketchy....

You can't bring any food or drink in whatsover, get ready for expensive beers.

Enjoy!
Do they have good hotdog?

KRae

Bronze Member
I disagree with djtexillini.

I go to concerts at Gexa all the time. So I guess it comes down to expectations.
I enjoy sitting outside on a nice spring/summer evening and enjoy listening to some good music.

take a blanket and if you take a lawn chair it has to be one of the ones that is extremely short. Or you can rent one when you get there for something like $10-12.
There is plenty of food and drink. Prices are normal for a concert/sporting event. Water will be $4 and beer will be more.....I don't usually drink so I don't pay much attention to that.
Sit in the middle and actually mid-way up the lawn is better because the angle is better and you can see over heads in front of you easier. If you sit up front on the lawn you can have trouble seeing over the people in the seats if they stand up.
There are large screens that you usually end up watching anyway!!
Go with the right expectations of just sitting back and enjoying yourself and it will be fine.

Parking is free (except during fair time) in the lots next Gexa.

Teach

Diamond Member
Saw Train there last year and it was a good experience. Good advice to sit in middle halfway up with a tarp, blanket and someone to enjoy it with.

canam

Bronze Member
I disagree with djtexillini.

I go to concerts at Gexa all the time. So I guess it comes down to expectations.
I enjoy sitting outside on a nice spring/summer evening and enjoy listening to some good music.

take a blanket and if you take a lawn chair it has to be one of the ones that is extremely short. Or you can rent one when you get there for something like $10-12.
There is plenty of food and drink. Prices are normal for a concert/sporting event. Water will be $4 and beer will be more.....I don't usually drink so I don't pay much attention to that.
Sit in the middle and actually mid-way up the lawn is better because the angle is better and you can see over heads in front of you easier. If you sit up front on the lawn you can have trouble seeing over the people in the seats if they stand up.
There are large screens that you usually end up watching anyway!!
Go with the right expectations of just sitting back and enjoying yourself and it will be fine.

Parking is free (except during fair time) in the lots next Gexa.
This is great advice, my only recommendation is get their early as parking can be a bit crazy.

Rooster

Silver Member
Certain events there ban blankets. Check ahead of time.

No food, drinks, coolers, lawn chairs or umbrellas allowed in.

There are reserved seats under the pavilion. The show goes on rain or shine. If you melt when it rains, you may consider a reserved seat rather than lawn seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

van

Diamond Member
It is the worst possible concert experience you can imagine.
Hey lookey stranger! Good to see ya

I go to Gexa a couple times a year. I'm guessing you're going to see Journey. The lawn tomorrow will be awful. It's been raining all week, will be a muddy MESS. Take a camping tarp. Expect that everyone will walk over your tarp. Get early to get mid section. The sound is worse the further back you go.

Summer concerts there can be good if it warm and dry.

mom22bz

Allow plenty of time to get there. We had tickets several years ago to see Phillip Phillips and John Mayer. Completely missed Phillips and the beginning of John Mayer's set. Traffic was horrific. There was some food festival (?) or something else going on at Fair Park.