Professional or Dressy Pants for Women?

dkatiemom

Silver Member
I have been having the hardest time searching for some nice professional pants. Even the ones on the Ann Taylor Loft website make the models look like my third grade teacher who always wore slacks with the bubble tummy and the sharp creases in the front. LOL!

Does anyone know of a good store or designer who makes flattering, tall suit-type pants that a teacher could wear to school? The kind that don't stop at the ankles and flare out but drift down to cover the top area of the shoe type?

TIA!

cowlady

Silver Member
Try New York and Company. They have some new things and you can get coupons that give you 50.00 off of 100.00 at least once a month. Take a look at the Website or they have a store at Grapevine Mills.

I have worthington and East5th from jcp that like because the are long with no flaring. Disappointed that often they don't have pockets though.

I like The Limited Drew Fit and Victoria Secret Kate Fit in seasonless stretch. They both come in Tall lengths and you can get flare, bootcut or straight cuts.

Try White House Black Market. I am very particular about my work clothes and am a small size and so most women's pants look frumpy on me. However, I typically have success at WHBM with cute fitting slacks...that don't look like old ladies.

I have been happy with Eddie Bauer pants for work. I check there fairly often and found several on sale. I am changing jobs next month and will have to wear a uniform so I will be selling most of my pants and shirts on eBay. PM if you're interested. They are mostly 10's and 12's and are very nice.

Indymom

Silver Member
For tall sizes I like:
JJill
Eddie Bauer
New York and Company
JCPenney
Gap (usually only an outlet for some reason)
Coldwater Creek is kind of hit or miss

J.Crew had some AWESOME dress pants a couple months back, so not sure if they're still in the store. Trouser pants with great cuff at the bottom and the fit was the best I've found in years. I bought 4 pair :D

Kenda

Platinum Member
JM (Jessica McClintock) at Macy's. Mostly just black and brown, but lots of designs to go with suits. They're made for women, not children. They wash and wear great.

Last edited:
Have you tried Dillards? That is where I purchase most of my dress pants. I did buy some from Coldwater Creek, but I think their quality of merchandise has dropped.

Banana Republic, J. Jill, Ann Taylor Loft and even recently I have found some very nice dress slacks at TJ Maxx but at the one on Preston just south of Belt Line. They have a much better selection across the board for some reason. Bought some beautiful BCBG slacks there that were originally $168 for $48. No flaws.

Last edited:
I 2nd The Limited & Victoria Secret.... but I am petite.... ok...short...
I 3rd this.. I get all my dress pants from VS, the Christie fit.. they come in all lengths which is nice.. I'm tall plus I wear heels, so the 36" inseam works great for me, still covers my shoes, plus fits great in the rear. oh.. and if you get the City Stretch, you won't need to iron to keep them looking crisp. ;)

J.Crew had some AWESOME dress pants a couple months back, so not sure if they're still in the store. Trouser pants with great cuff at the bottom and the fit was the best I've found in years. I bought 4 pair :D
Where is the J Crew? I love trousers that have cuffs and have the hardest time finding any for my very short self (Altho not as short as some :cough: MrsArt :cough:). I found some at lane bryant that I absolutely love and bought three pair but that was three years ago and they no longer make them.